advertisement_alt

Finally Coming Clean

Question

JJProdigy    0

I want to start by first off apologizing for all my failed apologies in the past. It has always been my wish to come clean and be accepted into the community like I was at the very beginning of my career, but the reasons behind my words weren't what they needed to be for me to realize the impact of my actions on the players, the poker community, and the outlook on online poker by the rest of the world. I have made the decision that it is time to move on with my life and to finally mature. It is necessary that I put myself on the back burner and dedicate myself to promoting this game and to repairing the image that I have created for it.

It was never my intention for my image and negative impact on the game to get this out of hand. In the beginning, I was a misguided kid with undeveloped morals and ethics. Once I got thrown under the bus by my actions, I always wanted to come back and to return where I once was, but this thinking is exactly why I am where I am now today. I never admitted that I had a true understanding of everything that I was doing, how I was affecting such a bigger picture than just being talked about in private conversations and on the occasion poker forum thread. I never made this clear because I never truly believed it. I always just wanted to be accepted, I didn't realize the first step was to come clean and understand once and for all the impact I had on the community.

With this being said... I would like to formally apologize. I apologize for all the players I have affected and the unfair equity that I stole from them in tournaments. I apologize to the entire poker community for highlighting the flaws of internet poker and giving it such a bad reputations in parts. It is a privilege that we should all be very thankful for, and I am deeply sorry that I took advantage of it for my own personal benefits. I apologize to everyone I offended, whether it be top name pros or micro stake grinders. I apologize to all those that have been close to me and have been affected negatively for associating with me. It is not fair for these people to be punished for my actions, but it is a grouping affect that they had to be aware they were getting themselves into.

I would also live to say that I am not the poker god that I tend to be talked up to be on the forums. My accomplishments have been vastly exaggerated, even by those close to me. I am aware that a part of this persona I have been given is because I have been the mentor to many phenomenal poker players in their own rights. I have to renounce this, however, and say that I have been very blessed to have such great minds come to me with the desire to improve and learn. I did nothing for them that they could have not have done for themselves. I merely helped them open their minds and to see their potential. I am very thankful for the praise I get for this, but I assure you I did very little and am merely very lucky to have worked with such great minds.

It is unfair how highly I am looked upon as a poker player, as well. No one should ever get some of the praises I get. I assure you that in poker, no one is vastly greater than anyone else on any given day. Poker is about evolving and adapting to every single hand in every single situation. The game merely rewards those who are bright enough to keep up with it.

I also haven't made nearly as much money as people think I have. I have lost a majority of my worth through the forms of failed staking arrangements. This is also something that tends to be greatly exaggerated.

Starting now, I will dedicate as much time and effort as needed in an attempt to right my wrongs of the past and restore faith in online poker. I understand if I cannot be forgiven for my actions, but I would like to repair the bad image the I helped create. I want to work with major poker sites and offer my guidance on how I feel this can be stopped completely and wiped out of online poker. Security is evolving everyday to get more sophisticated, and I commend the sites for that.

It is time that I move on with my life and right the wrongs of my past. I sincerely apologize for the mistakes that I have made and the corrupt image I have made for such a unique and beautiful game. The time calls for me to do everything in my part to receive forgiveness and to try to prevent any abuse to go on in the future. I will volunteer my time to the top sites if they will have me. I will also answer any questions that anyone might have, either about myself or my actions. I understand that the road to recovery is long and bumpy, but I assure you I will do everything in my power to amend my past and move on to a more ethical, aware, and self-understanding future.

acp    1

did you take over for plattsburgh in the 300r?

i see where this is going OJ...lets see if he gives us money first before you start stabbing mtherfkrs. k?

Redspade    0

"If I could only use this power 4 good, I wouldn't, Not even If I could"

Celebrities, as u seem to be, always have the oppurtunity to turn over a new leaf no matter what kinda scandals they been involved in. I hate cheaters just as much as the next but the bright side being if your put forth the same amount of effort into stoppin this as you did being a frontrunner, Many great things could be accomplished.

To a new, cleaner version of Online Pokerments..

SpankyHamm    8

I won't. I understand it is extremely tempting, but I believe the right thing to do is respect my ban from that site.

Would you be willing to post a bond (say $100,000) that becomes payable to a charity if it is found that you are playing on any sites from which you are banned? It would be for 2 years. You wouldn't lose anything except interest, but would gain credibility.

JJProdigy    0

What sites are you banned from? Just FTP and Stars? What about AP, UB, and Bodog? Do you play on those sites?

yes just FTP and Stars. I have made accoutns at those sites and haven't played mroe than 2 or 3 mtts on them.

JJProdigy    0

how much was the rate for buying an account? can u giv an example or 2?

how much have u had confiscated from sites? even w/ party poker included?

do u think that ur gonna get ur ass kicked from this?

hows ur gramma? did she ever know? or did u line up a sik retirement home for her?

A chip count equity deal seems standard for buying an account.

I've had high 6 digits confiscated from poker sites. Almost a million.

JJProdigy    0

1. will u teach me so u dont have to MA?

2. are you a multi millionaire?

3. whats the highest stakes cash uve played?

4. why are some horses so good and some suck soo bad?

5. were u at the USC - OSU game?

I am not a millionaire, if makeup is worth 0.

I have played 200/400 plo and nlhe.

I think all my horses are super pitts, results oriented.

No

rylflosh    0

Its gonna be extremely hard for people to believe you yet again, That being said if you are sincere and do want to do the right thing your gonna have a rough road ahead. The only way to get through it is gonna be to let your actions speak louder then your words. I personally think you can make something good out of what u have done. The true question is will you honestly do it. I think your starting off on the right path by answering some questions about accounts you were playing under and such.

Gl with this, and know its not gonna be easy trust has to be earned.

Whats the most you have won in a tourney?

Do u still have horses that have not been caught?

Do u still have accounts that have not been suspended?

JJProdigy    0

Some have pointed out the big tourneys you have played in the last month and a half, including the $10k WCOOP just last week. Explanation? Was this most recent apology the result of another epiphany in the middle of the night? Are you going to disclose names you will be playing under in the future?

I wish you good luck on following through this time. It appears to me you have an addiction (to money) and have yet to walk the talk. Consult with Justin Bonomo, in my opinion.

I have never been a fan of multiaccounting or even playing under my ban... it was always apart of my "F the world" mentality and how immature my thought process has been. My actions affecting people close to me really made this hit home. Last time I went back to multiaccounting because I wasn't accepted back, but this time I am putting myself aside and will go on the road to cure online poker to the best that I can. Being accepted back isnt a concern for me.

Popperhead    0

Whats the most you have ever bought an account late in an MTT for ???

How long till you move to a new country and try this again ???? (hopefully your actaully sincere this time)

Will you be hitting the live circut dressed as an 80 yr old man (ala Phil laak)

decent apology though

acp    1

Some have pointed out the big tourneys you have played in the last month and a half, including the $10k WCOOP just last week. Explanation? Was this most recent apology the result of another epiphany in the middle of the night? Are you going to disclose names you will be playing under in the future?

I wish you good luck on following through this time. It appears to me you have an addiction (to money) and have yet to walk the talk. Consult with Justin Bonomo, in my opinion.

I have never been a fan of multiaccounting or even playing under my ban... it was always apart of my "F the world" mentality and how immature my thought process has been. My actions affecting people close to me really made this hit home. Last time I went back to multiaccounting because I wasn't accepted back, but this time I am putting myself aside and will go on the road to cure online poker to the best that I can. Being accepted back isnt a concern for me.

i agree with the addicted statement....it's your addiction JJ and you prolly need to get outside help, admitting your wrong is a good step, but what are you going to be doing now with your life? make sure and focus your brilliant mind and energy on something positive or just move overseas and play live poker for a living until you're 21, then move to vegas and dominate there...however, i wish my addictions included winning hundreds of thousands of dollars.

JJProdigy    0

Honestly, this apology doesn't occur if the banhammer doesn't drop on your boys right?

Yes very likely. That put everything into persepective for me though. I've alwasy been very shakey on the issue but me directly harming my friends really brought light to me. I realize that I am doing more harm to just my friends.. I am doing it to the all of online poker. I have such a deep love for the game that I want to do everything in my power to repair and promote it for all that it is worth.

Tommy2tyme    0

I finished 2nd in the Stars Sunday Million on 11-25-2007 to Got t!lt. This was the biggest score of my life, and my proudest poker moment. Got t!lt, on the other hand, was a losing player until the week before when he also made the final table of the Stars Million.

You have just admitted to playing under this account. Do you care to humor me and deny playing under that account when it won the Stars Million? I would have liked to know I was playing JJProdigy and not some random donk (not unlike myself) as we battled head to head for $250,000

ginwilly    0

icon_post_show.gif
Re:Finally Coming Clean In reply to
By JJProdigy on 09-15-2008 5:21 PM Reply Quote
icon-quote.gif ginwilly:

nice start (again)

don't know you JJ but hope this is sincere, we are a society that if you are pretty, rich, good looking, or talented we will forgive and embrace, see ray lewis, kobe, paris etc

but from reading mantis and stealth's posts it seems guys don't get why your associates were banned when they feel nothing wrong occurred.

could you explain to these guys in your words why they deserve the banhammer? pstars has their own reasons, i have a few of mine but i think if you explained to all those who feel nothing was done wrong could hear it from the horses mouth it would not only help a lot of us, it would show you in a different light

I think I recently said this, but looking at their transaction history, we were trasnferring back and forths 10s of ks on a frequent basis. All of my accounts were linked to this and they could see my progression of accoutns just through the transfering history with these guys.

again i ask, do you think your associates deserve the ban and why? There is a lot of people here and at 2+2 that think the bans are unfair. can you explain why the ban is fair or are you part of the group that thinks your friends got screwed. So far i see an apology, but i don't see understanding.

btw, not picking you, i'd like to see you get this behind you and get on with life but i'm not seeing anything different than we've already seen

I finished 2nd in the Stars Sunday Million on 11-25-2007 to Got t!lt. This was the biggest score of my life, and the proudest poker moment. Got t!lt on the other hand was a losing player until the week before when he also made the final table of the Stars Million.

You have just admitted to playing under this account. Do you care to humor me and deny playing under that account when it won the Stars Million? I would have liked to know I was playing JJProdigy and not some random donk (not unlike myself) as we battled head to head for $250,000

^^^

to anyone who takes op side, look at stories like this, and the other thousands of such stories similar to this one that you won't eva hear. 250,000, must be nice to scam someone of that much

ryanbluf    0

Did you start the minraising trend and why? It makes me want to kill myself. Is it the nuts or a bluff the nuts or a bluff the nuts or a bluff dfd;lfkl;dsajfd;dposafjodsaf.

How did u have money to start playing at like 5 years old?

JJProdigy    0

you must have had monies coming in from somewhere right??

also are u planning to jus play live from now on or do you paly on any other sites?

oh and a good idea to give something back to the communtiy might be some kind of free instructional vid :) oh and post in pd

I've always had money on poker sites and always have just moved it around/traded it wherever I needed it.

I really am not sure what I am going to do in the future. There are other sites to play on, but I am in my first year at college and that is starting to pile up on me.

TammiM68    0

Sorry if you already answered this but, how can we believe that you're contrite when as recently as September 8, 2008 you're playing poker on a site that banned you? You've had this epiphany in the last week and seen the error of your ways? I want to believe you...it's just tough. For what it's worth, I never lost anything to you - I don't play those stakes - I just lost faith in online poker.

acp    1

Josh,

You need to truthfully answer the PLATTSBURGH question to have any hope of this coming off as sincere..

that would be snitching and a poker forum with 10,000 people reading the thread is not the right place. plus snitches are little bitches under any circumstances.

JJProdigy    0

JJ: You said that you respect Pokerstar's and Full Tilt's bans and that you are a mature person and that you accept them. So now you are saying that you will not play on these sites again under any different names because you accept your ban?

Yes, I am respecting my ban at the sites. There is no good for myself playing there anymore, and I want to work with them to prevent any sort of cheating that may occur by anyone else now or in the future.

acp    1

Someone was cashing checks for you. Come clean and share that.

looool i hope he keeps ignoring questions asking him to snitch on friends

JJProdigy    0

how did u meet stealthmunk? imperium? anyone else?

will u keep posting on p5s and 2p2 with regards to strategy and other NVG banned from online sites or not?

I will keep posting from now on. I will post about strategy possibly but focus more on the ethics of poker and what sites can do to prevent cheating in the future.

I met stealth about 3 years ago. I staked him in a wcoop 2nd chance and he got 2nd, and its been downhill from there =p

I met Sorel when he was just starting through banducci (wrldsgrtest), I had deep desires to make him the #1 player on P5s.