advertisement_alt

Finally Coming Clean

Question

JJProdigy    0

I want to start by first off apologizing for all my failed apologies in the past. It has always been my wish to come clean and be accepted into the community like I was at the very beginning of my career, but the reasons behind my words weren't what they needed to be for me to realize the impact of my actions on the players, the poker community, and the outlook on online poker by the rest of the world. I have made the decision that it is time to move on with my life and to finally mature. It is necessary that I put myself on the back burner and dedicate myself to promoting this game and to repairing the image that I have created for it.

It was never my intention for my image and negative impact on the game to get this out of hand. In the beginning, I was a misguided kid with undeveloped morals and ethics. Once I got thrown under the bus by my actions, I always wanted to come back and to return where I once was, but this thinking is exactly why I am where I am now today. I never admitted that I had a true understanding of everything that I was doing, how I was affecting such a bigger picture than just being talked about in private conversations and on the occasion poker forum thread. I never made this clear because I never truly believed it. I always just wanted to be accepted, I didn't realize the first step was to come clean and understand once and for all the impact I had on the community.

With this being said... I would like to formally apologize. I apologize for all the players I have affected and the unfair equity that I stole from them in tournaments. I apologize to the entire poker community for highlighting the flaws of internet poker and giving it such a bad reputations in parts. It is a privilege that we should all be very thankful for, and I am deeply sorry that I took advantage of it for my own personal benefits. I apologize to everyone I offended, whether it be top name pros or micro stake grinders. I apologize to all those that have been close to me and have been affected negatively for associating with me. It is not fair for these people to be punished for my actions, but it is a grouping affect that they had to be aware they were getting themselves into.

I would also live to say that I am not the poker god that I tend to be talked up to be on the forums. My accomplishments have been vastly exaggerated, even by those close to me. I am aware that a part of this persona I have been given is because I have been the mentor to many phenomenal poker players in their own rights. I have to renounce this, however, and say that I have been very blessed to have such great minds come to me with the desire to improve and learn. I did nothing for them that they could have not have done for themselves. I merely helped them open their minds and to see their potential. I am very thankful for the praise I get for this, but I assure you I did very little and am merely very lucky to have worked with such great minds.

It is unfair how highly I am looked upon as a poker player, as well. No one should ever get some of the praises I get. I assure you that in poker, no one is vastly greater than anyone else on any given day. Poker is about evolving and adapting to every single hand in every single situation. The game merely rewards those who are bright enough to keep up with it.

I also haven't made nearly as much money as people think I have. I have lost a majority of my worth through the forms of failed staking arrangements. This is also something that tends to be greatly exaggerated.

Starting now, I will dedicate as much time and effort as needed in an attempt to right my wrongs of the past and restore faith in online poker. I understand if I cannot be forgiven for my actions, but I would like to repair the bad image the I helped create. I want to work with major poker sites and offer my guidance on how I feel this can be stopped completely and wiped out of online poker. Security is evolving everyday to get more sophisticated, and I commend the sites for that.

It is time that I move on with my life and right the wrongs of my past. I sincerely apologize for the mistakes that I have made and the corrupt image I have made for such a unique and beautiful game. The time calls for me to do everything in my part to receive forgiveness and to try to prevent any abuse to go on in the future. I will volunteer my time to the top sites if they will have me. I will also answer any questions that anyone might have, either about myself or my actions. I understand that the road to recovery is long and bumpy, but I assure you I will do everything in my power to amend my past and move on to a more ethical, aware, and self-understanding future.

rylflosh    0

If you really want to clean up online poker then u need to come clean about all the cheating you have been associated with or cheating that you know has gone on or still going on. Do u know of any cheating still going on? and if so are u prepared to tell it even if it is associates of yours?

driftdc5    0

1) Teach me

2) GL with this whole thing

3) What accts have you played under? I don't think I've ever played that high to get screwed but better urself and rat out the names

4) Tell us how you did it and how you could stay under the radar.

5) Who else have you mentored?

3) Names that I have used in the past include: iemdavid, misterblair, i<3$-flow, NewSeptember(ftp), bigtruck4w, BufuVoodoo(ftp), whitefish77, g0t t!lt? ... these are the major ones I remember, if I think of anymore I will post them.

4) This will be a long post and I'll talk about it more if I get more reqeusts

5) Some of the people I have helped are.. Imperium, stealthmunk, gbmantis, plattsburgh, fishontilt, d0nt taze me ... this is just the top of my head

if you opr these names, there is a sunday mill win, a super tuesday win, and a sunday 100R win LOL

JJProdigy    0

I won't. I understand it is extremely tempting, but I believe the right thing to do is respect my ban from that site.

Would you be willing to post a bond (say $100,000) that becomes payable to a charity if it is found that you are playing on any sites from which you are banned? It would be for 2 years. You wouldn't lose anything except interest, but would gain credibility.

I would be willing to do something to this form to prove that I will not play from a site that I am banned from.

ginwilly    0

JJ i'm pulling for ya dude, i really am, but from reading your answers i still feel you just don't "get it". I believe you are sorry, but sorry because you did something wrong? or sorry you got caught. i have a few questions to make me and others feel a little better about your sincerity

1. answer this for mantis; how is multiaccounting stealing equity and unethical?

2. also for all of stealth's nutswingers; did you associates deserve to be banned and why?

3. you say you respect the bans and will not be playing on those sites anymore, are you currently now or planning in the future to ghost anyone on these sites?

4. are you still backing people on stars and tilt? and how is this ok or not ok

5. do you have knowledge of any of the banned guys playing this week under different names? (don't mention the names here, unless you feel you should)

6. have you thought of going legit and opening a training site? i'm pretty sure it would be a success with your poker playing rep

thanks so far for atleast trying man, it's all we can do, now notice i didn't ask you to out anybody else, this isn't about them, it's about you

wildman75    0

when he g0t T!lt won the $500 pstars sun million...it appears that another name in the list he gave us, whitefish77, took 198th place.

So jj were u playing on both accounts during that tourny, and if so, did you chip dump to yourself?

ITM_247    0

It is very sad to read about someone who clearly has an intense addiction at such an early age, and I sincerely doubt that you are receiveing the necessary treatment for this problem. There is no reason to post something like this except to manipulate people for sympathy, which is a behavior commonly found in addicts. A similar post was made like this last year, correct? When does the change seriously start? And are you of sound mind to even start changing? Do the positives of being a responsible adult and role model to the poker community seriously outweigh the possiblity of thousands of dollars made in an unetical manner?

This is not a personal hit, as a therapist I find myself identifying patterns for a living...and you appear to do the same thing each year, and it leads to the same outcome. There are criminals in prisons across the country who can clearly identify after the fact where they were wrong but couldn't help themselves from still breaking the law...whether it was because they enjoyed the thrill or they thought they could get away with it...or both. The point is in the moment where you had a chance to be a mature and responsible adult and start anew, you found yourself repeating the same patterns and in essence losing a tremendous amount of credibility with people who root for you to change your ways and be a genuine contribution to poker, not to mention showing a serious lack of remorse for the people you continue to hurt. I do not know what it is going to take to make you understand the severity of this problem, but I do wish you the best. Maybe this most recent scare was rock bottom for you, but I guess only time will tell.

ps-If you lack empathy, then this all meant nothing to you...but if you truly care about the people you affect and wanting to improve your image and be a real contribution, then you might have to take some years of being berated to deal with, and deservingly so.

Good luck

Sincerely,

Nicholas

EddieO    0

This whole thread is lol - The kid and his whole crew get caught taking millions from the poker community and he apologizes for what the 2nd? 3rd 4th time?

Just create you other accounts and move on - we all know thats whats coming. If you actually are as poor as you make it out to be then you have even more incentive to play.....

The Bullshit flying in this thread is gonna make me smell for weeks. Why would Stars and Full tilt ever talk to you - so you can tell them how to buy a verizon air card?

We all know how to create multiple accounts, yet we choose not to - you were just too stupid and greedy to do it correctly passing money all over the place creating links that stars obviously figured out- so go hide again untill your caught and then you can pretend to be sorry..... again - Its groundhog day everybody! yay!

It is very sad to read about someone who clearly has an intense addiction at such an early age, and I sincerely doubt that you are receiveing the necessary treatment for this problem. There is no reason to post something like this except to manipulate people for sympathy, which is a behavior commonly found in addicts. A similar post was made like this last year, correct? When does the change seriously start? And are you of sound mind to even start changing? Do the positives of being a responsible adult and role model to the poker community seriously outweigh the possiblity of thousands of dollars made in an unetical manner?

This is not a personal hit, as a therapist I find myself identifying patterns for a living...and you appear to do the same thing each year, and it leads to the same outcome. There are criminals in prisons across the country who can clearly identify after the fact where they were wrong but couldn't help themselves from still breaking the law...whether it was because they enjoyed the thrill or they sincerely thought they could get away with it...or both. The point is in the moment where you had a chance to be a mature and responsible adult and sincerely start anew, you found yourself repeating the same patterns and in essence losing a tremendous amount of credibility with people who root for you to change your ways and be a genuine contribution to poker, not to mention showing a serious lack of remorse for the people you continue to hurt. I do not know what it is going to take to make you understand the severity of this problem, but I do wish you the best. Maybe this most recent scare was rock bottom for you, but I guess only time will tell.

ps-If you lack empathy, then this all meant nothing to you...but if you truly care about the people you affect and wanting to improve your image and be a real contribution, then you might have to take some years of being berated to deal with, and deservingly so.

Good luck

Sincerely,

Nicholas

^^^^^^^^^^^

This 100%

polariss    0

JJ

how did you cash out / how did you get the money you had won out of the poker sites and into your bank account? did you transfer money from you account to an account of one of your friends/stakees and then get the money from them?

I never cashed out. Whatever I won, I invested (and lost) in backing. People overvalue my networth extremely.

HOW DID YOU PAY YOUR TAXES THEN AS STATED ABOVE?

IF YOU NEVER CASHED OUT!

Poker&Golf    0

JJ's stock rose with me a bunch after reading his post and all responses. We were talking last night and he said not to watch the forums or post. I told him I felt I had to and after I did and gb and hit and taze I think he saw that he needed to come clean. ALlthough I don't know him well, I know better than most. He got me banned and I can still say he's not a bad kid. That's saying something. The fact that he is answering all questions except throwing friends under the bus is significant to me. I believe 100% that If i had sold an account deep to him or Multiaccounted my ass off(neither of which I did btw) that he wouldn't rat me out. I mean anyone who doesn't understand that has issues. I didn't need an apology but I'm glad you made your post. Also good to know you were big truck4w(u fucker) I was wndering who that guy was.

SOONERS

ibluffheaps    0

For the record, Stars accusses me of playing on FishOnTilt when I haven't.

Also, stealthmunk has about 1 million makeup with me from high stakes PLO, and that is where my networth is locked at. He has recently quit poker (so he claims).

Sounds like your being thieved from.... Hows it feel?

And for all the ppl accepting your apology and wishing you luck you are all very misguided. As many have said you owe a tremedous ammount of $$$ to the online community and until you cough up atleast some of that to the ppl u have ripped over the years this is nothing but an empty apology. Apology without a gesture/sacrafice on your part means nothing to me or any1 else with a bit of sense.

xxbossmanxx    1

JJ ur a poker god but I got my chips in good on you a looong time ago and you sucked out on me so ship me my monies back.

I loved that masked wrestler avatar you had, used to joke around about wearing the outfit while I play for luck.

So who likes the idea of Stars or Tilt hosting a huge guarantee tourny with the money seized from all these Multi-Accounting dumbasses?

I mean the money does belong to the poker community after all is said and done.......

jaysull    0

I don't believe I've ever posted here, but I'm making this my first post.

What bothers me the most is this is NOT the first apology coming from JJprodigy. This is not the first time he said he'd never do it again... I don't believe you'll ever genuinely be sorry for what you've done, and the atmosphere that you're continuing to propagate. Because people see you can do it, so they try it, so it keeps going on.... This cycle continues again and the community suffers for it. And all these people look up to you. Why? Because you're skilled player? or because you're some kind of rebel that keeps circumventing the system?

All players want is a fair shot and time after time, you've given yourself an extra edge and taken that away from them.

I don't have any hate for people that have been staked by JJ, but you should take some responsiblity for accepting backing from somebody who is been very publicly banned from the site. There wasn't anybody else that offered as good a deal as JJ that you could've accepted backing from? Knowing that he has been banned, it should be considered that WHEN he gets found out, you will be implicated. That is the risk you take.

If you're as 'not good' as you say you are, when you kill off all the average players because you've multiaccounted them broke, all that will be left are players that are better than you, and no matter how many accounts you have, it wont be enough, because you'll be the dead money.

We've heard it before. We know you don't care.

see you at your next apology thread when you get caught next time.

rylflosh    0

If you really want to clean up online poker then u need to come clean about all the cheating you have been associated with or cheating that you know has gone on or still going on. Do u know of any cheating still going on? and if so are u prepared to tell it even if it is associates of yours

JJProdigy    0

I am not going to talk about details about how I operated, as I will leave that for the e-mail I will send to the sites if they want the information.

I have listed the accounts that I played on, and I will again. I have played on.. (stars) iemdavid, misterblair, I <3 $-flow, bigtruck4w, goglobal74, g0t t!lt?, rockaclock, whitefish77, froggymizz, rvk2415, pathuntkk ftp: same except bufuvoodoo

I want to give money back, but staking arrangements have made it so this is impossible to me. If there is any other way I can do this, please let me know as I do not know how I can repay the community with money I don't have.

I have not played on my guys' accounts in the past year+. My memory is shady but early in my career I would login to peoples accounts if they dc'ed/needed to do something. I haven't done that recently though.

I have used many of my guys as my money holders and they have sent out my money to my other guys. This is how hitur2outer/stealthmunk/etc got busted.

I will NOT play on fulltilt/pokerstars, as they are the 2 sites that I am banned from. I will not multiaccount in the future.

I am not sure what other info there is for me to divulge. Please tell me what else you want to know.

farmslicer7    0

I finished 2nd in the Stars Sunday Million on 11-25-2007 to Got t!lt. This was the biggest score of my life, and my proudest poker moment. Got t!lt, on the other hand, was a losing player until the week before when he also made the final table of the Stars Million.

You have just admitted to playing under this account. Do you care to humor me and deny playing under that account when it won the Stars Million? I would have liked to know I was playing JJProdigy and not some random donk (not unlike myself) as we battled head to head for $250,000

Like others have said before me, there needs to be some kind of resolution here. Imagine you're playing the biggest tournament of your life, thinking you are playing some fish, and in reality its not. It's simply unfair and if you truly are "finally coming clean" you'll stop ignoring posts like these and address them. $250,000 is a lot of money and to get screwed by someone who is a pathological cheater is simply unfair and undermines the entire game of poker.

j2k_padro    0

JJ...

1. dude ur a stud

2. apology accepted

3. uhh yea i dont have a 3 but id be willing to let you teach me ur ways if u play ur cards right (which i think youve proven that u can)

rylflosh    0

you say you have kept most of your money online and reinvested it on backing deals and what not, some of which you have lost millions on. Roughly how much do u still have in your bankroll?

what would you say your greatest poker accomplishment has been since youve prob never gotten credit for it.