Sign in to follow this  

did I make A mistake here? PLO hand

Question

$500 USPC PLO/plhe. Level 2 50/100. We are 6 handed and table is tough and aggressive. Hero calls with 3556 double suited. 5 to flop. Flop comes 24K rainbow. SB leads for 425. Hehas been playing very aggressive but was a good player. I raise to1400 with my 12 card wrap and 2 backdoor flush draws. Button then repots essentially putting me all in. He has to have kkk here and I am 40-45% against that hand so I call but brick off. Question is: should I be raising this wrap? Hate going broke in a limped pot and think my raise was bad this early. Once I put in the raise I think I had to call the shove....::thoughts?

7 answers to this question

leftygrove    0

9 card wrap?

I think you have at least a 40% chance of winning this hand, so at least in cash, you have to call once he gives 2 to 1 odds. Not sure if it works the same way in a tournament.

I have no experience with Omaha so I won't comment on the flop raise.

I played and cashed this tournament and where I feel you may have gone wrong is actually with respect to how early(you said it!) in the tournament you are making this play.

Had you just made the call here and possibly gotten a few calls behind you, you could have built the pot with more players in to get paid when you hit on the turn(if someone bets out in front of you or calls your raise on the turn with your made hand). If you miss on the turn and face a large bet in front of you, you can get away from it with the majority of your stack intact. At the same time, you are not risking your stack so early in a tourney that allowed for a lot of play with the 50 min rounds. You could have found a better spot with a made hand to get your money in and make someone elso do the chasing.

You mentioned the aggression at the table, get your money in when you hit strong on the flop b/c you a pretty certain to have someone come with you.

While there were some strong players in this tourney, it was mostly on the holdem side. Even the players that final tabled had some serious gaps in their PLO game.

Calling 3556 is probably fine here, but you don't give information on your stack size or position in the hand. As for how you played the hand postflop, I'm not raising a wrap 5-handed this early, you're inviting a race in what are essentially still big stacks. I call and reassess/fold to action on the turn.