advertisement_alt
jragz333

MTT'ers with full-time jobs

Question

26 answers to this question

hahaha. that is me. i feel like i have 2 full time jobs. here is my usual schedule:

work my real job Monday thru Friday from 8-4.

Relax everyday from 4-6. Then at 6 I play one tournament while video gaming, etc. Once 8 rolls around I'm full blast with like 5-6 tourneys going. usually play till 1-2 AM depending on how well I am doin. I do this Monday thru Thursday.

Friday and Saturday = Go out and live a social life or else I go crazy.

Sunday = Family/GF. I'll take the occassional Sunday off from family/gf to give it a go at the Sunday majors.

I think I am balancing life,work and poker pretty well. Its a pretty hectic and tight schedule. But while I am still young and have the energy for it, i'll continue to do it.

I play anywhere from 0-3or4 tournies a night during the week. About 50% of the time I play zero, the other times i play no less than 2. It sux when your playing well, and making some scores. You feel like you could move up so much faster if you could play more, but I just cant during the week. Aside from that I always plan to play MASS poker on the weekends, but end up finding some other fun stuff to do, and end up only playing like 5-10 tourns on the weekend as well.

M-F 8:30-5:30 doing accounting.

Play everynight from 7pm - 1am maybe 2am depending on how well i am doing.

Take off either Friday/Saturday night to go out.

If I go out Friday night, I usually play most of Saturday and Sunday.

If I go out Saturday night, I usually take Saturday off.

Its brutal, but I love poker and want to someday do it fulltime without a regular job. This is the only way I have found to test myself to see what I can truly make.

Not a whole lot; my overall volume is quite low. I may only play 2-3 tourneys (total) on weeknights, primarily because I have a couple of home games during the week that burn me out on playing the other couple of nights.

Weekends are for MTTs when I don't have other plans. About twice a month, I'll spend either Fri or Sat night from 10PM-4AM and then Sunday afternoon/early evening until 2AM or so.

I have not deposited in a very long time. So not sure on that one.

I am a low level tourney/cashgame player.

I play either the 6,7am 1 buck tourneys on stars , or the 6,7pm 1 buck tourneys. during days I and my wife work. If I am off I add the later evening/night 1 and 2 buck tourneys on stars. Sadly with the whole AP thing. I have lost all those tourneys i have played.

I also played all my low limit stud cash games on AP and this is up in the air also. Dont keep enough on AP , just enough to cover rake to get in the freeroll each month. So trying to get it over to Fulltilt were I have rakeback now also.

SO I guess i play about 20 hrs a week. sometimes more. Sometimes alot less.

sp...same here, this is basically why i posed the question, i was curious as to how anyone can possibly do it w/o jumping off a cliff...i started working full time in july and the only time i am able to play is on Sunday, and that's not even a definite...by the time i get home and go to the gym i am just wiped out...and on the weekends i choose to go out because i can't during the week...no time for teh poka :-(