advertisement_alt
tigertonkin

Pokerstars sign another "live" pro but why not sign online players???

Question

JC Alvarado has just been signed up to pokerstars.

his career highlights are as follows:

Career Highlights

Event Date Position Prize
2006 WSOP $1,500 No Limit Hold’em August 2006 6th $28,665
2007 L.A. Poker Classic $2,500 No Limit Hold’em February 2007 2nd $108,275
WPT L.A. Poker Classic $9,900 No Limit Hold'em February 2007 15th $72,140
WPT World Poker Challenge $5,000 No Limit Hold’em March 2007 2nd $366,798
WPT Mandalay Bay $9,700 No Limit Hold’em June 2007 8th $43,720
2008 WSOP $5,000 Limit/No Limit Hold’em June 2008 28th $10,922

90% of the pros on pokerstars never play on their except for weekends. Or if they do its for an hour or two.

why not sign up people like AJKhoosier1, moorman1 and gboro780, who play on their every night????

with all respect to JC Alvarado;

AJKhoosier1 has cashed for $400,000(wcoop ME) more than JC's best live win and moorman1 and Gboro780 have both had plenty of five and six figure cashes online.

30 answers to this question

LMAO the comment isnt about him becoming a pro, that doesnt bother me, good for him. its about the best online players in the world struggling to get sponsorship on the sites they play on.

I bet if u log on tonight you might be lucky to get 3 pros playing. I dont see how u can "represent" pokerstars when you hardly ever play on there.

i could name you ten poker pros who 90% of the time only go on pokerstars on a sunday!

What about SCTrojans: hes no different to j.c

to cashes at the wsop 2009;

plus as far as im aware at least 3 triple crowns!!

surely it would make sense to have someone advertise the site who actually plays on it.

I'm white and am from the US.

JC is Mexican and is actually moving back to Mexico.

Duhhhh, Pokerstars doesn't sponsor players as a reward, they sponsor players as a business decision to help attract more players to their site, and JC is a great opportunity to attract the hispanic/latino market whereas there are 32849 players already sponsored from the US.

aaah, i understand, now SC. i didnt know what you meant when you put "mexico". Ithought you was a mexican descendant or something and was chanting your country.

So what countries do you think pokerstars might be looking at next?

spain? france? south africa?

LMAO the comment isnt about him becoming a pro, that doesnt bother me, good for him. its about the best online players in the world struggling to get sponsorship on the sites they play on.

I bet if u log on tonight you might be lucky to get 3 pros playing. I dont see how u can "represent" pokerstars when you hardly ever play on there.

i could name you ten poker pros who 90% of the time only go on pokerstars on a sunday!

AGREE 100%. BINGO STATEMENT.

aaah, i understand, now SC. i didnt know what you meant when you put "mexico". Ithought you was a mexican descendant or something and was chanting your country.

well, time to sign busto_soon from the Netherlands.

well, time to sign busto_soon from the Netherlands.

They already got Noah

You could always invest/offset the overlay for new guaranteed MTTs between 2 - 7pm EST. But that would appeal more to the people who actually play on the site now‚ as opposed to the specious investment in talent that might land a couple first-time depositors. Assuming they could tell JC Alvarado from any other random jerkoff sporting your logo. Someone please explain the payback on sponsored players?

6 pros on including alvarado...

They take the players who get to televised FTS, they also select regional pros to encourage players from the players home country to play. They also sign up the main event winners frequently. Exposure exposure exposure. They use the main event guys to advertise with after the main event.

They sponsored Vanessa Rousso... I am no longer surprised by the people Stars scoops up. Then again, Alvarado is definitely a good signing for reasons already cited by SCT and the fact that he is actually a regular live and online player with good results.

Is Eastgate sponsored yet? Or is it just Phillips (lol) and Ylon Schwartz (much better)? On another note, how the hell did they not sponsor Demidov? He took 2nd in the ME, FTs WSOP Europe and is Russian? He must run bad.