advertisement_alt
WildxxxCard

WSOP Journey

Question

I'm a first times for the World Series. Playing in event #54 ($1,500 buyin NLHE). I need some advice on the best way to play this structure.

Chip Count:4,500

Blinds level increase: 1 hour

start at 25-50

2,700 player projection

My Main goal is to cash and have a good showing obv but I don't want the money to affect my play. Should I play fast since everyone is just about as nervous as me? or shouold I tighten my game up seeing as there are mostly veterans that I'm playing with. (I don't call them amateurs anymore, it's not 2005)

Thanks in advance yall

3 answers to this question

from what ive read, these low buyin wsop tournies are filled with terrible players. play your game and you should do ok. dont get too fancy and try to make plays that are levels above your opponents. dont bluff calling stations, etc. that being said, you may want to splash around a little and try to get involved with bad players to see if you can chip up. pay attention to who you should stay away from and who you should attack.

i played my first one last year and got 34th (obv little brag)

my advice (and how i played is):

-play TAG (to begin with).. look for good spots to see cheap flops and set mine.

-Try to get a good read on your table, trust me this is easier, playing live, than it is when ur 8-12 tabling online! (obv)

- Play your game, and dont be scared.

- People tend to play tighter live, from what i noticed, so make sure u adjust.

- Run good.

EDIT: OOOHh OHHH almost forgot... ENJOY IT.. its amazing, hecne why im back again this year!

also one more thing, if u make Day 2, try to get good sleep, and make sure u eat something (which i didnt do)... fuct my concentration levels up on Day 2, and i felt sooo drained.

from what ive read, these low buyin wsop tournies are filled with terrible players. play your game and you should do ok. dont get too fancy and try to make plays that are levels above your opponents. dont bluff calling stations, etc. that being said, you may want to splash around a little and try to get involved with bad players to see if you can chip up. pay attention to who you should stay away from and who you should attack.

perfect advice

oh & don't go to the strip clubs/get drunk the night before the tourney

Get yourself a really good railbird.

Having someone you trust, respect and can talk poker with watching you play is +++EV.

Like the other guys said have fun. I cashed in Event #4 and had a blast just folding away watching the fireworks all around me.