the_dean22

Questions about AIM getting Hacked

Question

I just had my AIM hacked today...they did the usual, asking ppl for $ unsuccessfully...I know many people have dealt w/ this on here...just curious how people took care of the matter, seeing as how deleting AIM accts doesnt seem possible (?).  Any feedback is appreciated...thanks. - Grayson

4 answers to this question

Hey Grayson.. shit happend to me yesterday AIM and facebook, both were worthless to help,, took me 24 hours to get them to shut bit down..im sorry to all that were asked to send money hopefully most people are smart enough , but im sure a few get tricked. after these last 24 hours im done with both sites,,,H0

AIM won't be any help cause their security department blows. Just make sure you post in all the forums people might know you in, and continually update your Facebook status (assuming that didn't get hacked,) notifying people you were hacked and not to send money. I just kept mine updated for like 4-5 days after that and they stopped bothering cause no one would respond.

If you want to keep using AIM use something like Trillian, a lot more secure.