advertisement_alt
picklegotcha

How to avoid tilt while multi-tabling.....

Question

26 answers to this question

Just gotta believe you're the better player and it'll turn around in time. Losing is going to happen, learn to accept it. No reason to tilt when you get cooled, and welcome the bad play that sometimes gets there.

Goofy>Denver>Dallas>AIDS>MyJob (none of you have any idea what this means. FUCK)

Having played so much volume that you realize it's part of the game and sometimes YOUR kings crack someone elses aces. It's not a bad play. However if I call someones open shove with my aces and he has 26o, and hos 6 hits a flush THEN I go on tilt.

The absolute BEST way to stay off tilt is to NOT watch the flop, turn and river when your all in. Just open it back up 10 seconds later and see if your still in the tournament or not. That way, if you took a 'bad beat' by having your aces cracked by kings for example, you wont even see what happened, just that you lost. Just close out the window and move on.

How to avoid TILT?

1. Understand poker is based on probability. You big pair hands will win more often than many other starting hands depending on how many players you are confronted with.

2. Don't expect Big Pairs and AK to always win just because you play correctly. Poker happens because bad players get lucky 5% to 44% of the time. Probability says they are supposed to win some percentage of the time. It's unfortunate when it's your turn to get bad variance on the river, but it happens and there is nothing you can do. You just move on and sign up or re-buy for the next hand.

3. You have to mentally prepare for bad situations. Study the game so you "really" understand that it's going to happen.

4. You are the only one who decides when you go on tilt. Just decide "I will not go on tilt."

i mean...you just don't

This guys responses generally make him seem like a tool but Seriously? What kind of question is this? Just dont tilt?? The more tables that you play actually the more bad beats you are going to take, and the less you should care. I play cash mostly, when I get my AA cracked by KK I dont even flinch, babd beats are going to happen all of the time.

Just dont tilt! Thats how you you avoid tilting