advertisement_alt
molotok

PokerStars Site Issue - 12 October 2009

Question

I would do it. Hopefully when Stars cancels the tourney, they pay you on the chip equity after stealing a bunch of the blinds.

Meanwhile, everyone who was disconnected should get (eventually) the equity they had when the disconnects happened.

Regardless of what happens, make sure that Stars pays you out as much as possible - because the tournies will get cancelled.

Hello, everyone... as promised I'm back with more information. We had a technical issue with the site today which affected many players connected at the time. We regret the situation, and of course will deal with all requests for compensation as expeditiously as possible. To that end, if you believe that you were affected by this issue in a tournament, please email us with the subject line:

"REFUN Txxxxxx, $a+b buy-in, USERID"

where "xxxxxx" is the Tournament ID, "a+b" is the buy-in of the tournament (for example, $20+2), and "USERID" is your PokerStars User ID.

Please be sure to replace "xxxxxx" and "a+b" with the actual tournament number and buy-in for fastest service (though all refunds may may take 48 to 72 hours to be issued).

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Bryan,

After what was a long time without this type of massive disconnect, this is the second major glitch (that I am aware of) in the past month. Did something significant change at Stars that is responsible for these two mass disconnects within the past month (server changes, software problems). Also - please address what is being done to prevent this from happening again (obviously the current efforts will be on fixing the damage done from this glitch).

Bryan I started a session of around 28 sngs and was still in somewhere between 15-20 when the problems started occuring.

When the system restarted I was still in one tournament with 500 chips which i somehow managed to reach the money in and was paid, which was ridiculous because one player had obviously managed to stay connected and had accumulated a massive stack.

My questions as follows:

a) Am I expected to sift through each of the sngs i entered and email you with the ones i was still in (or cant you just refund me all my buyins)

b)Why on earth were some sngs restarted and played out when the few players who were fortunate enough to have a connection through all the problems would profit massively?

c) When will it be safe to restart playing, and how can we be assured this wont happen again?

a) Am I expected to sift through each of the sngs i entered and email you with the ones i was still in (or cant you just refund me all my buyins)

b)Why on earth were some sngs restarted and played out when the few players who were fortunate enough to have a connection through all the problems would profit massively?

c) When will it be safe to restart playing, and how can we be assured this wont happen again?

a) It would be obviously inappropriate to refund you for tournaments from which you'd be eliminated in the natural course of play which had nothing to do with the issue at the time. You can send a blanket request and Support will look at them, but your request (and everyone else's) will be processed that much faster if you can give them as much information as possible.

b) Tournaments were paused as soon as possible and resumed once players had returned to the site. In fact play resumed quite a bit after we had planned to resume.

c) It is currently safe to resume playing, as the issue has been resolved. Technical errors happen, and there is no such thing as a guarantee that there won't be such an issue in the future, on any site ever which relies on computers and network connections... anyone who says differently is either overly optimistic or attempting to deceive. Having said that, PokerStars has a strong record regarding uptime.