advertisement_alt
SteveyBallGame

LAPC question.... CALI Residents,, Suggestions Please.

Question

Planning on staying in LA for entire month of Feb. for LAPC, and would really like to do a vacation home rental in LA with about 4 other poker players. (Much like alot of us do in Vegas for WSOP). What are the coolest LA beaches ? Looking for younger crowd and nightlife scene. Proximity to Commerce is also a concern , but more worried about college aged party scene. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Found a sikk rental in Malibu. How would the drive from there to Commerce be? Malibu a cool scene or too rich/ old ?

No scene really in Malibu, unless you can find the Pepperdine crowd. Also would add about an hour to your drive to Commerce.

I would recommend Hollywood, Westwood (UCLA) , and or Santa Monica/Venice for beach stuff. GL!

I would recommend the South Bay beaches. In order, Hermosa Beach (by far the best bar scene for the under 30 crowd), Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach.

Not sure what monthly rental options they have in the area, though.

South Bay is further from Hollywood than Santa Monica, etc, but personally, I'm not a fan of that area for partying. Too trendy and expensive. If laid-back beach scene is your vibe, you can't beat Hermosa.

Good Luck at the LAPC.

No scene really in Malibu, unless you can find the Pepperdine crowd. Also would add about an hour to your drive to Commerce.

I would recommend Hollywood, Westwood (UCLA) , and or Santa Monica/Venice for beach stuff. GL!

how far are all these places from commerce?

All of the above are 20-30 minutes from Commerce. Hollywood being closest Venice farthest. Traffic in general is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Edit: Also no one has mentioned Downtown LA, which has had a revival in recent years, and is very close to Commerce.