advertisement_alt
OoMrPinkoO

Starting BR for $3.30 90 Man KOs on FTP

Question

29 answers to this question

100 is plenty.

Not saying this to be a dick, but if you go bust playing 3.30s on 100buyins quit poker.

OTOH, there is a fair amt of variance in them, so be patient and don't expect to see ur bankroll skyrocket over night. There isnt much of a difference in play in the 6.60s so try mixing in one or two of those per session once you get up over $500.

Also, while 100buyins is enough, good bankroll mgmt will always help your roll grow more consistantly, so stick with a responsible br mgmt plan.

And try and improve upon your multitabling skills. Increasing your volume will be your biggest factor in accellerating your progress. I'm not suggesting that you immediately go to 10 tbls, btw. Just add one more table when you get super comfortable with 4.

GL!

100 is plenty.

Not saying this to be a dick, but if you go bust playing 3.30s on 100buyins quit poker.

OTOH, there is a fair amt of variance in them, so be patient and don't expect to see ur bankroll skyrocket over night. There isnt much of a difference in play in the 6.60s so try mixing in one or two of those per session once you get up over $500.

Also, while 100buyins is enough, good bankroll mgmt will always help your roll grow more consistantly, so stick with a responsible br mgmt plan.

And try and improve upon your multitabling skills. Increasing your volume will be your biggest factor in accellerating your progress. I'm not suggesting that you immediately go to 10 tbls, btw. Just add one more table when you get super comfortable with 4.

GL!

Very good info. I agree the play is aweful in the $3.30s, $6.50s, and the $13s. 100 buyins will be very safe and is a good general rule of thumb. See Jennifears BR management thread as this has great information for when you decide to branch out to other games. When multitabling, it's usually good to try to add a few tables at a time until your comfortable. I have found from personal experience that adding two at a time when moving up works pretty well. Eventually you will get enough of these under your belt that your decisions will become instinct. You will not have to think very hard and will be able to increase your volume substantially.

Good Luck!

My problem with adding more tables is that I play on a 17" laptop and can comfortably fit 4 whole tables and I like to be able to see the entire tables when multitatabling as that's the only way I can pick any info on each table... I really don't like overlapping tables...

i had the same problem. i just went to frys and picked up a 24 inch samsung for 250...no i can fit 12 without any overlap...i love this thing

My problem with adding more tables is that I play on a 17" laptop and can comfortably fit 4 whole tables and I like to be able to see the entire tables when multitatabling as that's the only way I can pick any info on each table... I really don't like overlapping tables...

You'll get used to it, I run 9 tables on a 15.4" laptop easily. After a while, I think you'll find yourself getting bored w/ 4...

I started with 75 bucks when i needed to take all my money offline and that was plenty to crush these... probably start with 150 and you'll be fine, the knockouts offset a lot of the variance and the play is atrocious but ABC with solid push fold will do good things for your roll here... and for god's sakes at least play 9 tables and autopilot it... I have a 13" laptop and it's 6 without overlap but still easy to run 12 tables of things you should be playing on autopilot... that will help you build your roll a lot faster, and reads really don't matter much in these things.

90mankochallenge.tumblr.com for what you're up against. Also, FYI, the KOs DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT reduce variance. this is a very common misconception. no matter how baller you think you are, over the long run your KO/game will be near 1, meaning they in fact DO NOT reduce variance. if you wanna see variance in these scope me for sngs only.
what would you suggest for a starting roll here given the set of criteria on time/ days of the week redcrayon?

200 bucks is fine. or 100 tho if varience kicks your but i would deposit another 100 before you quit poker forever. I got `150 at stars but over 2k at the other sites so tonight im gonna go big or bust there and play as many of those 3d 180 man rebuys if i can and throw in 20 or so 2.20s and 7d turbos. thats if i play i cracked my noggin today and feeling like shit

grrr. internet dropped and lost my post. i started at $80, but thats not advisable, at all. I'd recommend $200 unless you want the chance of having to re-deposit. bricking 20+ in a row is not uncommon, nor are 30-40+ downswings. i'd recommend mixing half $3s, half $6s at $450, or just all $6s at $600. Anything beyond this, PM me if you have questions. If you want to read of my rise/falls from the beginning hit that tumblr blog and read it from the beginning.

grrr. internet dropped and lost my post. i started at $80, but thats not advisable, at all. I'd recommend $200 unless you want the chance of having to re-deposit. bricking 20+ in a row is not uncommon, nor are 30-40+ downswings. i'd recommend mixing half $3s, half $6s at $450, or just all $6s at $600. Anything beyond this, PM me if you have questions. If you want to read of my rise/falls from the beginning hit that tumblr blog and read it from the beginning.
Jesus crayon.. After reading your blog I don't know if I want to do this to myself lol

This. I started with 150 and got to almost a 1000 in a month. Fun stuff.

Shits rough man. Mid and late I play a really aggro game that either stacks me or busts me. When it goes bad it goes really bad.

That's what I have experienced too. That's why right now i'm doing the micro turbo STTs, they seem to actually be even softer and so far I haven't hit a huge downswing yet (though I haven't put in a ton of volume yet either), and the best part is the play has some similarities so they're good training for when I do go back to the 90KOs.

My whole BR came from these. I waited utill I hit $500 before I moved up to the $6 level. I think 100 buy ins is more than enough. The play is soft, something about the KO bounty makes people lose their minds.

As someone said before the bounty will not reduce variance, so I dont take into account that they even exist. The swings can be frustrating at time. I've had 17 & 25 streaks without a cash.

ABC poker & push fold at the final table. You'll have a decent BR in less than a month.

Avg time to win is a little under 2 hours. Including registering time it would take me about 2.5hrs to run 16-18 while 15 tabling. Usually i can run 30-40 in 4-5 hours.

re: bet sizing-I've recently moved away from bothering with anything besides 3x+1bb/limper/oop until around the 100/200 level. This saves me a lot of hassle in trying to type in fancy bets. I'm increasing becoming reliant on the bet slider altho I 15 tabled for a while typing all bets in. Your decisions should be abc thru most of these things. If they're not you probably need to work on hand selection and not trying to be fancy. These donks don't respond to fancy and non-standard betsizing. All they do is see a flashing light on their screen an mash the keyboard/mouse with their hooves until an action is made.