gr8angler

best online superstitions Ive heard from friends

Question

1. certain seats run hot in sngs( A guy I know swears he wins a larger percentage of the sngs when he is the fourth to enter and runs shitty if he is second to enter.( he says this changes daily and you need to find out what the hot seat is. (still makes me laugh)

2. the more aggresive( within reason) you are the better flops you get.( this person believes the cards to be flopped are not predetermined rather they are dependent on pre flop action.

3.you get dealt more twos and threes than aces and kings even though theres equal amounts of each. (sometimes this seems true)

4. If you makes a bad call with suited cards from the small blind you will almost always flop a flush draw that wont come.

obviously my friends arent big online winners

I dunno if its a superstition really, but my friends and i always joke about "the hand before break" always seems like on FTP that if a hand is in progress when the "waiting for all players to finsh before break blah blah blah" screen pops up, if they get all in...especially if they get aipf, the big stack always knocks the smaller one out.

We joke about it all the time, but it does seem to happen way more than it should, like you see KK get it in vs big stacks 55, smacks a five on the flop. moral of the story, if ur short stack and get a monster while the break window is on the screen, muck or load up another tourny

my friend actually lives and dies by this rule, on the other hand, i feel its a great oppurtunity to double up, maybe i always have good stacks tho lol he will literally fold hands he would normally play because he "always gets knocked out the hand before break"

Id also like to 2nd the running horrible after a withdrawal until you redeposit.

Fulltilt doomswitched me in 3 tournaments within 5 minutes of the break before 4 oclock. 5 outered, 2 outered, and 4 outered. all allins. sigh.

my friend actually lives and dies by this rule, on the other hand, i feel its a great oppurtunity to double up, maybe i always have good stacks tho lol he will literally fold hands he would normally play because he "always gets knocked out the hand before break"

Id also like to 2nd the running horrible after a withdrawal until you redeposit.

Fulltilt doomswitched me in 3 tournaments within 5 minutes of the break before 4 oclock. 5 outered, 2 outered, and 4 outered. all allins. sigh.

nice bump

I have 3 that I know can't be real but I do them anyway, just in case.

If someone shoves on you pre, you win more often when you don't snapcall, regardless of what you have. Even if you wait just a couple seconds it's more +EV. I swear I run worse when I snapcall lol. RNG timing ftw ldo.

I also feel like I run infinitely better if when I get all in at any point, I just say "hold" when I'm ahead or call for each of my outs once when I'm behind, and calling for outs I pick up on the flop or turn. I do it every single time lol.

I also believe my black Nike sweatpants and white/black Etnies zip hoodie are my lucky grind clothes, and when I take the hoodie off I run bad haha.

Edited by JoeDeertay

I have one when I play mtts. When the clock is counting down after a break, I watch until the number 7 strikes then I look away. It has to be the lucky seven. Not sure why I keep doing this, since I haven't been winning anything. Today, is the day I change. Wait...maybe tomorrow. Oh yeah, one more small one. When I am all in, I have to pat my head, rub my stomach, and clap my feet together. If I win, I go wake up my wife and tell her.

Not a superstituation but something stupid I always think happens...the most I play is two tables at a time and I swear that what ever hand I have at one table always hits the other table. For instance I have Q 8 at one table and fold, and at the other table the flop will come Q 8 2....happens all the time (it seems)

This always happens to me! I have 10 J and the other table will flop 10 10 J.

hold down the F10 button on your keyboard and you'll never lose with the best hand.

Laughed out loud at this one. Like it.

Edited by Jmill88
How about: If you work on your game and make good decisions you will make money in the long run.

Their supposed to be halfway believable superstitions..........

Anyway here is mine.....take it to the bank if you have a pair vs AK PF and the 1st card off gives u trips......Hit leave table, you are done.

6. If you get QQ someone is bound to have AA KK or AK and gg...

5. Cashing out makes you lose more (cause the site is pissed at you for cashing out)

4. Donating 5$ to a beggar on the rail makes you run better.

3. If you think about the card they need to get there it always comes. If you think about the card you need to it never does.

2. New players or players that haven't played in along time run better.

AND THE NUMBER 1 superstition is:

1. If you have the name MOORMON1 you win no matter what cards u play.

Bet sizing (if you don't stay consistent with your sizing) will have a direct impact on the RNG... Also... fish tend to win flips a lot more often when they get in spots that they are LUCKY to be flipping

yeah, also don't think about the card that your opponent needs to hit because it will always come, have to block negative thoughts at all times.

I was told i "nitrolled" someone the other day after they shoved 12bbs from SB and i waited a few seconds to call from the BB with my AJ because when u snap, u dont hold. (on FTP)

Edited by Spraggs

1. If you bad mouth the site in the chat box about being rigged your name gets put on the shit list and the site proves you right by nailing you with every 2 outer imaginable.

2. If you have a pp and draw a blank on the flop you can bet your ass that number will flop the very next hand.

3.Using the avatar with the "mean emotion" on tilt wins more then the others.