Sign in to follow this  

FTOPS main event scandal brewing

Question

Goldenad    0

first of all congrats pageupv for a good showing in the main event, he rarely posts here but a congrats is in order noneteless. now, we all know everyone loves some good unfounded gossip, so lets have at it

*written by 2+2 member JMaverick:

"I have been forced to come here. I do not know where else to go honestly, I trusted this player even though most would not and now I am getting nothing. Last December on a site ESPN Poker Club a player caught my eye. I approached Jack whos screename was different on there and I had him test out a few Mtts and he won over $1 grand in the 3 i let him play... I kept staking him and he came to the point where he had a roll to play. This October he approached me and asked me if I could stake him again he did not tell me how he lost the money. I shipped him $2500 knowing hes a great MTT Player and hell recoup. I had 50% of him on ALL of his tournaments though untill he paid me back... Now I get home from a cruise I was on 8AM yesterday and I almost choked seeing he was at the FT of FTOPS Main Event right away i aimed him and congratulated him on everything and he said TY so I told him as his backer what to do regarding a deal he listened to me partially. I asked him if he remembered the 50% still stands he said Yes... He eventually won it and $230,000+! He then proceeded to ship me back $2500 and tell me we were even. We ARE NOT EVEN, I staked you and had 50%! He now has blocked me on aim, and everything and told me to go f.uck myself im not seeing a dime more! For anyone who thinks im dumb, he paid me back before and made me money I had no reason to not believe he wouldn't follow his part of the deal this time.

I am not going to let you get away with this! JackQKA first of all is only 16 Years Old, his parents have no clue he plays online poker... Jack I am telling you I will personally call them and tell them there gonna need legal representation because if I dont see $115,000 in my account by 12AM this will turn into a legal issue! I will not post your information, your facebook, your Mypsace untill 12AM! If it is not paid I will release your real name and provide links to all those accounts.... Right now Full Tilt has NO proof except my post so you are in the clear but if I am not payed I will get it one way or the other... You are screwing with the wrong guy. Anyone who plays with Jack on the tables please show him this post because I am not sure he posts here. I am not posting on my real account in respect to me getting begged on my real one for money and to try to have some anomity for JackQKA if he pays up, hopefully he does! If not I will tell them everything I promise! J"

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61/mtt-community/jackqka-ftops-main-event-champ-scammer-liar-cheat-719039/

MarkFSU1    0

will be tough to prove it was him playing... As said above all his parents have to do is say it was them.

until ftp starts asking questions about poker and specific hands/spots during the mtt and the parents are clueless

AMEC04    0

will be tough to prove it was him playing... As said above all his parents have to do is say it was them.

i thought his parents didnt know he even played poker? If I was OP I would contact the parents ASAP and let them know the entire situation. Then maybe they both can get their monies.

iCONoFpOKER    0

i thought his parents didnt know he even played poker? If I was OP I would contact the parents ASAP and let them know the entire situation. Then maybe they both can get their monies.

this would be the smart thing to do..but obv op not so much and FTP will take the money from his account and lock and weeeee to the other players in the money!!

Anywayz_    0

His parents didn't know... But if he told them he played and won 230k im sure they wouldn't be really angry and would happily take some of the money for themselves...

If the OP contacted his parents and told his side of the story things may be different tho

SpankyHamm    293

I don't think Goldenad is the backer - he is just cross posting this from the other site.

But if that's incorrect - I can always edit this and go on about how cheaters get what they deserve.

I don't think Goldenad is the backer - he is just cross posting this from the other site.

But if that's incorrect - I can always edit this and go on about how cheaters get what they deserve.

LOL. I thought it's pretty clear that Goldenad is NOT the backer.

AMEC04    0

I hope they seize every last cent of it from that kid, not because hes 16 tho, because hes a lying POS scumbag who tried to jack his backer for $115k. He will get what he deserves...punk ass bitch. Karma ftw.

ApesAreFun    0

I think underage playing isnt near as bad as all the MAing that went on in this tourny.

+1.

All big tourneys have MAers in them, but they never get caught... But from time to time, they DO get caught :D :D.

In this instanse I think all FTP will do is say: "Hey JackQKA, you're 16. Keep your money and come back when you're 18."

Which is the right thing to do imo.

However: Fucking over your backer aint right! So I wish that kid a lifetime of running bad (obv when he turns 18).

EDIT: Obv FTP doesnt conclude their investigation until this kid turns 18 tho. Hopefully they will receive an e-mail before he turns 17.

hutch1220    0

I hope they seize every last cent of it from that kid, not because hes 16 tho, because hes a lying POS scumbag who tried to jack his backer for $115k. He will get what he deserves...punk ass bitch. Karma ftw.

Sawb0    0

Anyone consider that if this is truly a 16 year old that is now 200K richer and his parents don't have a clue? Soon as he gets his license, assuming he doesn't and comes home with a beamer or something of such class.

Plus, I doubt it and his parents would be stupid to give a shit about what the backer says if their kid is became 200k richer, unless there's legal implication, they'll end up taking 50% from him because they're the true backers to his life. Just wait n see!

AMEC04    0

this ends with parents getting pissed, give 50% to backer, put other 50% to kid's college fund... keep strict tabs on kid so he never plays poker again under their roof. kid gets nothing for himself.

fly44    0

this ends with parents getting pissed, give 50% to backer, put other 50% to kid's college fund... keep strict tabs on kid so he never plays poker again under their roof. kid gets nothing for himself.

No, this ends with player being DQ'd, everyone moving up a spot, backer still with nothing, and thats the way it should be.

Fox    0

Welcome to Sarcastic Thoughts with Fox

*soothing music fades in and Fox speaks in a quiet voice thick with reverb

When I'm playing tournaments a player will sometimes "catch my eye" and I'll give them money to play more tournaments. Sometimes it's the way they check-raise or their screen name. Other times it's just the way they look at me from across the table...

I'm just kidding, no player has ever "caught my eye" in a tournament, that whole idea is ridiculous.

But what does happen sometimes is that I will find an underage player and trust them with my money. It always works out. Just because they are breaking the law and the rules of the site and they aren't legally old enough to enter a contract doesn't disqualify them from being one of my horses. Why would it?

I find that if something does go wrong with these underage players, all I have to do is post something on a forum that let's Full Tilt know that they are underage. If they make the transfer to my account I will probably get to keep the money right? I mean it's not like I did anything wrong here. Full Tilt can't just investigate something because of a forum post can they? Or a $115,000 transfer?

I figure if threats of exposure don't work, I'll threaten legal recourse. I can definitely go to court, tell them I was backing a 16 year old kid in poker tournaments that are hosted in Gibraltar or Costa Rica or somewhere and now the kid isn't paying me. This is a very frustrating situation for a U.S. citizen and I am sure that the courts will find a way to help me out.

SpankyHamm    293

I can confirm that Goldenad did indeed back the kid that won the ME. Tough luck, man.

On another note, it's disturbing how massively butt-hurt you get in every single thread that brings up the possibility of someone MA'ing/being underage/cheating in some other way, Spanky. Dyr.

We all have three choices in these issues.

- Say that cheating/playing underage/multi-accounting is OK

- Say nothing (and this includes people who have given up with these issues)

- Say that cheating/playing underage/multi-accounting is wrong

I choose to speak up and say these things are wrong. I know the "cool" thing is to bash people like me - and I'm sure that keeps a lot of those who agree with me from posting. But fortunately, I don't care if people are annoyed with me for doing this in every thread, because those are the people who's opinions mean the least to me.

When I'm playing tournaments a player will sometimes "catch my eye" and I'll give them money to play more tournaments. Sometimes it's the way they check-raise or their screen name. Other times it's just the way they look at me from across the table...

I'm just kidding, no player has ever "caught my eye" in a tournament, that whole idea is ridiculous.

But what does happen sometimes is that I will find an underage player and trust them with my money. It always works out. Just because they are breaking the law and the rules of the site and they aren't legally old enough to enter a contract doesn't disqualify them from being one of my horses. Why would it?

I find that if something does go wrong with these underage players, all I have to do is post something on a forum that let's Full Tilt know that they are underage. If they make the transfer to my account I will probably get to keep the money right? I mean it's not like I did anything wrong here. Full Tilt can't just investigate something because of a forum post can they? Or a $115,000 transfer?

I figure if threats of exposure don't work, I'll threaten legal recourse. I can definitely go to court, tell them I was backing a 16 year old kid in poker tournaments that are hosted in Gibraltar or Costa Rica or somewhere and now the kid isn't paying me. This is a very frustrating situation for a U.S. citizen and I am sure that the courts will find a way to help me out.

LOL, wp

coolhandkev    100

Pretty much sums it up

AMEC04    0

We all have three choices in these issues.

- Say that cheating/playing underage/multi-accounting is OK

- Say nothing (and this includes people who have given up with these issues)

- Say that cheating/playing underage/multi-accounting is wrong

I choose to speak up and say these things are wrong. I know the "cool" thing is to bash people like me - and I'm sure that keeps a lot of those who agree with me from posting. But fortunately, I don't care if people are annoyed with me for doing this in every thread, because those are the people who's opinions mean the least to me.

cheating and MAing are in a whole different ballpark than underage playing. ur post is ridic

PageUpV    0

nice life, me. and thx for the well wishes goldenad

There's a better chance ftp addresses this than there normally is, since the ftops main is one of their highest profile tournaments, and any failure to address it has the potential to be fairly high profile (as it is already becoming).

I'm not going to bother saying what I think is "fair," because I'm obviously self-interested. Also, I haven't spent much time thinking about it, because who can even say? ftp has never communicated with its customer base particularly well. Personally I'm hoping I wind up w/ more money.

SpankyHamm    293

Different, yes. But still wrong. It just depends on what level of "rule breaking" you are comfortable with.

So let me ask this a different way. You finished 2nd in this event, and you find out that 1st place did something against the rules that should technically get them DQ'ed, and you would make an additional $50,000 as a result of the DQ.

If he was a MA'er or somehow cheated (someone else took over the account late) - then you'd expect to get your $50k. But if he was underage - that's OK - he can keep the money?

If you would be OK with the "kid" taking $50k from you - then either you are an idiot or a liar.