advertisement_alt
GrimeRat420

sick hand vs sandler1860 in 1pm 109

Question

45left in the sunday 1pm $109. i know that sandler is a strong mtt reg, he just got moved to the table and i have no history with him. what range of hands is he flatting flop with, and what is he shoving riv with? how do i play this riv? do i check-call, and if i bet out for value can i fold or is it just a cooler?

PokerStars Game #44518252186: Tournament #312010447, $100+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVIII (2000/4000) - 2010/05/23 17:53:12 ET

Table '312010447 20' 9-max Seat #7 is the button

Seat 1: vuppi (153268 in chips)

Seat 2: clem2511 (70283 in chips)

Seat 3: dreamtech129 (257808 in chips)

Seat 4: GrimeRat420 (169223 in chips)

Seat 5: KINGAND77 (64923 in chips)

Seat 6: LowVision (140380 in chips)

Seat 7: sandler1860 (140400 in chips)

Seat 8: siola (53088 in chips)

Seat 9: xAndorx (123312 in chips)

vuppi: posts the ante 400

clem2511: posts the ante 400

dreamtech129: posts the ante 400

GrimeRat420: posts the ante 400

KINGAND77: posts the ante 400

LowVision: posts the ante 400

sandler1860: posts the ante 400

siola: posts the ante 400

xAndorx: posts the ante 400

siola: posts small blind 2000

xAndorx: posts big blind 4000

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to GrimeRat420 [As Qh]

vuppi: folds

clem2511: folds

dreamtech129: folds

GrimeRat420: raises 4000 to 8000

KINGAND77: folds

LowVision: calls 8000

sandler1860: calls 8000

siola: folds

xAndorx: folds

*** FLOP *** [5d 2h 2c]

GrimeRat420: bets 14784

LowVision: calls 14784

sandler1860: calls 14784

*** TURN *** [5d 2h 2c] [Qd]

GrimeRat420: checks

LowVision: checks

sandler1860: checks

*** RIVER *** [5d 2h 2c Qd] [Ah]

GrimeRat420: bets 46771

LowVision: folds

sandler1860: raises 70445 to 117216 and is all-in

????????

28 answers to this question

im gonna leave this one for some of the more exp players , but ill give my opinion fwiw, him flattin pre can be alot of mid pairs i would think, guess he might flat with AQ also maybe AJsuited , i could be wrong, but i think the only way ur beat here on the river is if he shows up with 555 , or if he slow played u flattin AA pre im not sure if he checks back the turn or not with AA , sick spot here on the river, i doubt most will be approving of check callin here , but can u fold , i really dont know, im curious to see what some of the HS regs say here , tough spot , or maybe were overthinking it , idk

actually with the flatter in between i seriously doubt he flatted AA here , so i think u can eliminate that option, also i doubt hed jam the AJdd or here either when u bet the river so i doubt that is a option either , lets see what some regs say

Thats a pretty gross spot.

The range of pre flops hands he can have here are quite wide as you are almost 40bb deep effectively and he has the button..

total pot at river is like 240k, so you´re getting over 3:1 on a call, meaning to make a profitable call you have to have the best hand around about 30% of the time here.

Looking at the way the hand is played, what is he really calling a bet with on the flop here? Its very unlikely he is floating here or drawing (rainbow flop) with three way action. and so it screams he has 55,22,A2 here. If he was getting very creative and floating he would surely bet the turn. I think you should realise the fact when hes called behind on the flop, he has a monster. And so betting this river might not be the best option.

Back to the original point, do you have the best hand 30% of the time here, i dont think so.. I believe there are 4 possible hands he can have, (3 of which he has you beat) 22, 55, A2, A5. I very strongly doubt he has bluffs in his range here, although this is assuming table dynamics aren´t at an extreme. Fold river and shrug.

When he overflats flop then his range is like 55,22,34 and possssssibly like 88 and stuff (but im kinda weighting towards the nuttier end cos its 3way)

Once he jams the river we can take the marginal showdown value stuff out as i doubt he's turning like 99 into a bluff on this river when u bet heavily into 2 players so that leaves all the stuff we're beat by.

Looks like a fold

tough spot.I have close to no history with sandler, but I would put 55 in his range of flat calling hands here. I think he flat's on the button with most small pocket pairs, A9ss+, KJss+.

I am interested to here how what advice others have on the river here.

was cbetting flop a mistake? when sandler flats looking back on it it does look really strong, but also thot hands like 66-99 were in his range. if i bet out river and he shoves i guess hes only doing this really strong, so i guess i have to fold. but what if i check, can i call or should i fold to a bet? this just seems really nitty cuz with two checks on both turn and riv he could now turn his hand into a bluff? bet-folding just seems really weird cuz i have so much in the pot already, and the winner of the pot was gonna be cl with 45 left. the way it played out, being the donk that i am i called and he showed 55, good job to those who got it right. sandler then used his chiplead to own the tourney and took it down for 30k

was cbetting flop a mistake? when sandler flats looking back on it it does look really strong, but also thot hands like 66-99 were in his range. if i bet out river and he shoves i guess hes only doing this really strong, so i guess i have to fold. but what if i check, can i call or should i fold to a bet? this just seems really nitty cuz with two checks on both turn and riv he could now turn his hand into a bluff? bet-folding just seems really weird cuz i have so much in the pot already, and the winner of the pot was gonna be cl with 45 left. the way it played out, being the donk that i am i called and he showed 55, good job to those who got it right. sandler then used his chiplead to own the tourney and took it down for 30k

ya tough spot for sure , his shove does look super strong on the river, im curious if check callin or bet folding , what one people lean toward, i guess most likely bet folding is better , gives u clear info that ur beat

The only thing I would call with on the flop that doesnt have you beat are all the mid pocket pairs (66-99). Anything larger, I likely 3b pre, QQ/AA included. So the only thing you beat on the river is me turning those mid pocket pairs into a psycho bluff.....pretty unlikely with the great odds youre getting to call. Biggest mistake was the flop bet, if you check there, it prolly saves you your stack. As played, you got the unluckiest turn and river possible for your hand and got priced in. :(

cant imagine we are ever ahead here

as to whether we should be betting or checking river, its easy to know we r crushed once he raises, idk if we automatically have to give him credit for the monster just based on the flop call.

but even the hands that he might call the flop with that we r ahead of like 56s type hands or low pps, (which i dont even know if he ever over calls the flop with any of those tbh) hes never paying us off on the river, only hand is maybe A5s if thats in his preflop range. and 34s gets there. if the flop was suited at all than id say b/f. but a rainbow flop c/c seems better than r/f.

might be able to argue that we could be getting value from lowvision who could be maybe floating flop in position, in which case turn or river could have hit him.

i doubt i ever check in real time but it might be the better line

yea obv it seems nitty bet/folding there

i dont know what u get value from by betting river tho. maybe AJsooted.

its tough to say bc i have played hands like this all diff ways including bet/calling.

checking/calling river does open up his bluffs tho, so there may be more value in that long term.

i dunno tho, even before results, this did seem a lot like 55/22.

The only thing I would call with on the flop that doesnt have you beat are all the mid pocket pairs (66-99). Anything larger, I likely 3b pre, QQ/AA included. So the only thing you beat on the river is me turning those mid pocket pairs into a psycho bluff.....pretty unlikely with the great odds youre getting to call. Biggest mistake was the flop bet, if you check there, it prolly saves you your stack. As played, you got the unluckiest turn and river possible for your hand and got priced in. :(

I don't think cbetting the flop is bad at all