advertisement_alt
N 82 50 24

Official Site to Site Transfer Thread

There is a scammer on the lose that previously traded under Supermao. If you follow the following guidelines the chances of you getting scammed are much lower.

1) Do not send first to anyone you are not comfortable with. This SHOULD include people with new join dates, low posts counts even with old join dates, people that have said they have success trades but you can't find them or they won't link you, people that link successful trades on other sites (no way of verifying that), or people just being suspicious. Please report these people either publically on the boards, or using the report post function, or PM me about it.

2) If someone is asking you for their PM, 99% of the time they are trying to talk their way into a scam. Please report these people to me or hit the report post function and do not give them your personal information.

3) If they are not willing to post in the site to site thread with their site names, beware of them contacting you. Its a good idea to ask them to post in the thread with their site names if someone replies to your trade request. If they are unwilling to do this, report them to protect others.

There are alot of reliable traders out there. There is no reason to be in a rush and trade with someone that doesn't pass a normal smell test and send money first to someone that hasn't had successful trades. You can get scammed even if you use common sense, but you will almost always get scammed if you don't.

Can you post Marketplace type requests in this thread?

For example: Want to buy GreenDot MoneyPack, for Carbon funds.

Yes, see the rules in the OP. As long as you list the rate you wish to buy at and ALL your poker site names involved. Western Union and Paypal are both not allowed, but beyond that the rules are open for all types of trades for poker money.

Have Chase, BoA, Amazon gift card, Bank Wire, Netspend, GD Money Pack

Buying up to $1000 on Carbon (LTUFlawless)

$2000 Lock (LTUFearless)

$1000 RPM (LTUFearlesss)

Can do smaller amounts. Buying at 0.8 depending on Payment method and poker site

Numerous smooth trades. sharkscope my carbon name LTUFlawless to see if I am legit

PM if interested

Have Chase, BoA, Amazon gift card, Bank Wire, Netspend, GD Money Pack

Buying up to $1000 on Carbon (LTUFlawless)

$2000 Lock (LTUFearless)

$1000 RPM (LTUFearlesss)

Can do smaller amounts. Buying at 0.8 depending on Payment method and poker site

Numerous smooth trades. sharkscope my carbon name LTUFlawless to see if I am legit

PM if interested

PM Sent. dextamorgan9- carbon

Thanks for reporting this, will ban him if he doesn't send to you when I wake up in the morning. Its good you posted to others in case he is trying to get in multiple trades at once and isn't on the up and up. Please send me a PM or post in this thread about this after midnight EST, and if he hasn't shipped by then he will be banned.

That being said, why did you send first to someone with 3 posts on this site and no trading history and no record of scores? I understand you will have to send first, but you should wait for someone reputable. Of course in your case it was only $10, so if you didn't mind risking $10 on someone with no history or reputation, then that's your call, but hope no-one else is shipping him first.

There have been a few reported PMs with scammers lately. If they have almost no posts and are not willing to even post in this thread, either hit the report post function or contact me, as its a good chance this person is going to try to scam you or someone else.

There have been a few reported PMs with scammers lately. If they have almost no posts and are not willing to even post in this thread, either hit the report post function or contact me, as its a good chance this person is going to try to scam you or someone else.

Just a thought....what about having a list of scammers names on some kind of a list that players can reference? I know scammers will not always keep the same name but it may act as some form of deterrence.

Just a thought....what about having a list of scammers names on some kind of a list that players can reference? I know scammers will not always keep the same name but it may act as some form of deterrence.

A list can be useful, but it's no substitute for caution and due diligence.

All to often a victim will fail to do basic research

If a name wasn't on the list, it would lead some to think that it's safe.

Scammers often use new names, or involve an unwitting established name in a three-way scam.

Now for a tldr.

This is what I do. I made 100's of trades, and got scammed zero times. ZERO!

Before I agree to any trade, I insist that they post their screen names in this thread; no post, no trade, period.

Then I research.

I check their trading history. I look for the names they've used, especially any changes. I google all those names.

I look at their playing history. I look to see if the amount of the trade make sense when compared with their level of play.

I ask them to sit at the the site they will pay me from. I'll verify in chat that they are arranging a trade with me.

I'll ask him about starting with a very small amount; a 'test' trade.

I then ask myself some questions. I 'score' my potential partner according to how many 'yes' answers I get.

Here's the questions.

1. Are they unable to provide a verifiable trading history?

2. Do they insist on me sending first?

3. Do they refuse a small 'test' trade?

4. Are they in a hurry?

5. Do their online stats appear inconsistent with the amount of the trade?

6. Do they claim being already victimized?

7. Are there any inconsistencies in their statements or account names?

8. Are they reluctant or hesitant to provide information, ie. screen names on both sites, or show funds on the site that they will pay you from?

9. Does their forum name, player name(s), IM or email address show negative comments on this or any other site?

10. Do they have a low post count and/or recent registration?

11. Have they recently re-started a dormant account?

12. Did they initially contact me off-site?

13. Do they give attitude instead of information when I question them?

14. Chat disabled?

If he scores a one, I slow down then take a closer look.

If he scores a two, I stop then dig as deep as it goes.

If he scores a three or more, I don't trade, period.

Almost without exception, victims have sent funds to someone with a three or more.