Steve Murkle

Sick Spot with KK on FT Bubble of 42k

Question

Table Dynamics: Everything has been raise pre & take it down. There has been almost no flatting pre-flop. I'm probably viewed as semi-agressive raising 2-3 times per orbit but taking everything down Pre. I've 3 bet about 4 times, 3 were jams to short stacks and 1 was QQ verse the big stack. I've only shown down AK, AA, and QQ. I have no reads on the villain. That being said...

No idea what to do here. He Donk leads I raise and he min-raises back. It seems like a relatively dry board for him to be doing this with draws, so unless he is some kind of sicko, his line looks exactly like a set, but I feel like KK is possibly too strong to let go of when it is possible he has an OP or something like Top Top, although I feel like top top never takes this line. Any advice is welcome. thanks in advance

FullTiltPoker Game #22615628511: $42,000 Guarantee (174419557), Table 37 - 6,000/12,000 Ante 1,500 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:41:45 ET - 2010/07/26

Seat 1: 49grauer (401,362)

Seat 2: MrAdRiAn28 (223,165)

Seat 3: SheMustSayYes (886,334)

Seat 4: Adam KK1 (147,083)

Seat 6: AlwaysGoBig9 (521,386)

Seat 7: DanManuel (259,462)

Seat 8: BlackPea17 (298,400)

Seat 9: Adventuregolf (330,342)

49grauer antes 1,500

MrAdRiAn28 antes 1,500

SheMustSayYes antes 1,500

Adam KK1 antes 1,500

AlwaysGoBig9 antes 1,500

DanManuel antes 1,500

BlackPea17 antes 1,500

Adventuregolf antes 1,500

Adventuregolf posts the small blind of 6,000

49grauer posts the big blind of 12,000

The button is in seat #8

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to AlwaysGoBig9 [Kd Kc]

MrAdRiAn28 folds

SheMustSayYes folds

Adam KK1 folds

AlwaysGoBig9 raises to 28,225

DanManuel folds

BlackPea17 folds

Adventuregolf folds

49grauer calls 16,225

*** FLOP *** [9c 7s 4d]

49grauer bets 12,000

AlwaysGoBig9 raises to 55,750

49grauer raises to 99,500

AlwaysGoBig9 has 15 seconds left to act

AlwaysGoBig9 has requested TIME

BlackPea17 has been disconnected

BlackPea17 has reconnected

AlwaysGoBig9 ???????

FWIW he almost snap minraise me back

Edited by Steve Murkle

I was about to type up some long post about this, but every possible situation I could think of regarding the villain resulted in at least calling him down for stacks. Yes, he can have sets/2pair, but in almost all cases that I can think of he also has a bunch more than that. It's almost like I was trying to find a reason to fold, but I literally can't.

Also, please dont re-raise the flop without knowing how to react, and your raise size in the flop is REALLY BAD

UGH terrible advice

IMO this is def a very tough spot. Please dont listen to advice above quoted just play your game. you react to the action not the future. I personally think I'd flat and play it out from there. I can't say shove or fold is bad here but i would rather see the turn river without having to invest my whole stack at this point. I am pretty sure a set isnt happening here. maybe TT-JJ and he didnt reraise pre bc he wanted to see the flop with no A or K.

Edited by Simple
UGH terrible advice

IMO this is def a very tough spot. Please dont listen to advice above quoted just play your game. you react to the action not the future. I personally think I'd flat and play it out from there. I can't say shove or fold is bad here but i would rather see the turn river without having to invest my whole stack at this point. I am pretty sure a set isnt happening here. maybe TT-JJ and he didnt reraise pre bc he wanted to see the flop with no A or K.

sigh... Why would you call quote someone else saying it's terrible advice then say something that makes no sense? Don't have plan? That is really your advice?

sigh... Why would you call quote someone else saying it's terrible advice then say something that makes no sense? Don't have plan? That is really your advice?

LMAO at having a plan!!! You have plans going into a hand? WP!

So what you are saying is that you put a plan into your head prior to the siuation actually happening and just go with it without any thought process?? hahaha ok you do that!

Edited by Simple