advertisement_alt
stackdown

deep in tourney...do hop in action here????

Question

Have had lowest chips at table for almost an hour. sitting/grinding/waiting for a hand decent enough to shove with....did i miss the boat here??

PokerStars Game #47416554440: Tournament #323010973, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXIII (1250/2500) - 2010/07/28 23:34:39 CT [2010/07/29 0:34:39 ET]

Table '323010973 36' 9-max Seat #7 is the button

Seat 1: sick game (82872 in chips)

Seat 2: tak1s23 (196620 in chips)

Seat 3: clang5 (53970 in chips)

Seat 4: SuprSlvrHaze (93341 in chips)

Seat 5: Gruaiggorm (76364 in chips)

Seat 6: dymoff (99745 in chips)

Seat 7: stackdown (30782 in chips)

Seat 9: Drewlius (102842 in chips)

sick game: posts the ante 310

tak1s23: posts the ante 310

clang5: posts the ante 310

SuprSlvrHaze: posts the ante 310

Gruaiggorm: posts the ante 310

dymoff: posts the ante 310

stackdown: posts the ante 310

Drewlius: posts the ante 310

Drewlius: posts small blind 1250

sick game: posts big blind 2500

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to stackdown [Ah Jh]

tak1s23: raises 2775 to 5275

clang5: folds

SuprSlvrHaze: folds

Gruaiggorm: raises 9725 to 15000

dymoff: folds

stackdown: folds

Drewlius: folds

sick game: folds

tak1s23: folds

Uncalled bet (9725) returned to Gruaiggorm

Gruaiggorm collected 16780 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot 16780 | Rake 0

Seat 1: sick game (big blind) folded before Flop

Seat 2: tak1s23 folded before Flop

Seat 3: clang5 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 4: SuprSlvrHaze folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 5: Gruaiggorm collected (16780)

Seat 6: dymoff folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 7: stackdown (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Seat 9: Drewlius (small blind) folded before Flop

16 answers to this question

Yes you did indeed.

However if this is a fold for you here with 12BB left then something tells me that you missed the boat long before this.

Do you tend to open your range up as the blinds get bigger?

Read the book "Kill Everyone" that has a lot of advice as far as what hands are strong enough to shove at different stages of the tourny.

I feel like I would get it in here every time with 12BB. I don't think the min raiser UTG is a terrible threat and the medium stack is going to call and then you just have to pray.

I guess it depends a lot on your reads on the two players in the hand. Has the medium stack been 3betting a lot? How tight is the UTG player.... etc.

Still with 12BB you aren't far from a stack that means nothing and if you're playing to win this is probably as a good a spot as any to try and double up.

Ok yeah never mind... Fold.

Edited by CrankFueled
meh.
Yes you did indeed.

However if this is a fold for you here with 12BB left then something tells me that you missed the boat long before this.

Read the book "Kill Everyone" that has a lot of advice as far as what hands are strong enough to shove at different stages of the tourny.

I feel like I would get it in here every time with 12BB. I don't think the min raiser UTG is a terrible threat and the medium stack is going to call and then you just have to pray.

I guess it depends a lot on your reads on the two players in the hand. Has the medium stack been 3betting a lot? How tight is the UTG player.... etc.

Still with 12BB you aren't far from a stack that means nothing and if you're playing to win this is probably as a good a spot as any to try and double up.

i don´t like your answer, your most of the time crushed here with AJ, and i know it sucks to fold a decent hand here with your stack but thats what u need to do...

i fold here unless i have some super duper monster read which i never have anyway

I still play these stakes from time to time, and this is an easy fold. You need to double up very soon, but there is no piint in pkaying here with practically no fold equity(I say practically since you occasionally see a weird fold). I'd rather open push atc than play here.

Yes you did indeed.

No.

Fold plz.

Yes you did indeed.

This is very incorrect. Just because you have less blinds does not mean your hand becomes more valuable in terms of what others are 3 betting with...

Insta Fold.

Yes you did indeed.

I mean i understand you are trying to help out, but did you just like throw poker terms into a random sentence and post it? I think you personally should take advantage of the poker minds of this forum and use it from a learning perspective but please for the love of god until you do that dont teach lol.

Yes you did indeed.

like most ppl that have given there opinion here i dont agree with your advice...but thx for the book recommendation, went on amazon and picked it up...hopefully it will help my MTT and S&G game

I mean i understand you are trying to help out, but did you just like throw poker terms into a random sentence and post it? I think you personally should take advantage of the poker minds of this forum and use it from a learning perspective but please for the love of god until you do that dont teach lol.

I was just giving my opinion. I assumed there would be other responses and people would either agree or disagree. And to say i'm just throwing poker terms into a random sentence seems rather rude. Yes I was incorrect but it's not like my post didn't make sense nor did I spew out something with no thought behind it.

However, based on your post history and your lack of a poker name attached to your name on here, you clearly got lost on your way to the OffTopic section to find someone to play some COD4 with. It's also funny that you think you're clever by bashing my post when the only reason you know you're right is because of the people who posted above you. You offered nothing more to the thread. So WP sir.

BTW Thx everyone else for the correction. : )

Yah when we're sitting there waiting & waiting for a spot & then we're finally deal a hand... it sucks when it's opened ahead & then 3bet (or worse.. ie. more action). Just gotta lay it down as mentioned by everyone else (well.. just about everyone else). And as others have said, you'd be better off open-shoving something like T8s then getting it in here.

It sucks watching your stack blind down & not being able to find a spot. I've actually had a few good scores after getting into spots like this (good as far as micro donkament goes anyways).

Damn i read the first reply like 5 times before reading the others trying to find what i'd missed.

We have an utg open and a competent player 3betting with a 30bb stack. I'd need AK before i'm comfortable getting it in here. AJs is fine to shove with 12bb but not 4b jam with no FE against probable tight ranges.