bef99hwk

Dwyte Pilgrim (Yes, another FT) and amaichakk (sp?) FT of 3500 Borgata WPT

Question

The blinds at the final table have been rolled back a bit, to 75,000-150,000 with a 25,000 ante. Here are the official chip counts, with the updated number of big blinds in each stack:

Seat 1. Kia Mohajeri - 4,225,000 (28 bb)

Seat 2. Ben Klier - 6,125,000 (40 bb)

Seat 3. Ofir Mor - 7,300,000 (48 bb)

Seat 4. Brandon Novena - 5,125,000 (34 bb)

Seat 5. Dwyte Pilgrim - 4,800,000 (32 bb)

Seat 6. Daniel Makowsky - 3,300,000 (22 bb)

And the prizepool they'll be playing for:

1st: $733,802

2nd: $440,945

3rd: $266,835

4th: $233,475

5th: $183,449

6th: $148,427

Pilgrim could take over first in POY race.

28 answers to this question

Why would you travel that far when you can stay on your home turf and FT every other tourney? :p

because there are like 3 series in europe atm that Marchese, Sorel, etc are gonna be playing every event. He seems really motivated to win POY and you need to put in the effort along with playing well, FTing heaps, etc

Pilgrim runs soooo sick. Amazing how many suckouts he gets. Dude is reckless. I wish I could run like him 1 day

doubt he is reckless

Dwyte is one of the most entertaining and fun players that have I've ever played with. People can say what they want about his game but look at his scores. He's gotten a lot better lately. He's a great guy and I'm pulling for him. Ben Klier, is a 5/10 cash reg, who rapes and was one of the best players that I've ever played with before and is my pick to take it down.

Edited by The Lab Rat

Well, I stand corrected by players that know better than I do. I've seen him play once and I thought he made a couple of early reckless coin flips with like 88 pre. He is definitely aggressive. I dont have any fancy badges so I obviously suck and am not on his level anyways.

But I do still hope he wins.

Kia Mohajeri limps under the gun for 250,000, and Dwyte Pilgrim checks his option in the big blind. Pilgrim checks in the dark and the flop comes Kspade.gif4heart.gif3diamond.gif. Mohajeri checks behind, and Pilgrim checks in the dark again.

Mohajeri bets 400,000, and Pilgrim quickly calls. The announcer says that Pilgrim has yet to look at his cards. If that's true, that seems incredibly risky.

Why would the announcer say this? pretty absurd

Edited by Appst08

Congrats Dwyte!

Pilgrim owns not one, not two, but three World Series of Poker (WSOP) Circuit gold rings, yet many have contended that he’s only been able to win in smaller tournaments. The WPT Borgata Poker Open marked the largest WPT event in history, clocking in at 1,042 players, so we’re confident that Pilgrim’s victory will finally silence the critics.

Edited by Blu SeVenZ

Congrats Dwyte...super chill guy and hard worker at the game. His style maybe unorthodox but it clearly works for him. As far as being a douche at this FT, pretty sure Dwyte was (rightfully) angry and or bitter about not being selected as 1 of 2 players allowed to wear a fulltilt patch and of course get extra money.

BeL0W

why do ppl question someones motives for talking shit in a game of psychology? Do you not see how getting your opponent tilted ='s more $$$$?

Yeah had nothing against it and didn't know anything about it...just read in updates that he razzed his opponents earlier so didn't know if something occurred. Like I never talk shit in a chat box...........

I dont give a damn what anyone says Dwyte Pilgrim is a muttha fuckin G. Talkin trash is the name of the game and to get into ppls heads so that you can take advantage of there mistakes for coming after you. Congrats to you Dwyte, your a great player and have had lots of success in the past couple of years and you finally got your big one so you can get the credit u deserve! Your a Class Act bro Keep it up!