FLUSHDUDE

Nick Shullman bustooO????

Question

lol @ them blanking out eric cajelais' face.

I think this documentary is actually really well done. It's important to show people the negative side of poker - because it's not easy and a lot of people ruin their lives chasing something that is out of reach. I think in a lot of ways this hits home.

Edited by Wein

I thought the show was pretty cool, a very honest look into the life of a poker player. I couldn't tell you how many times I've felt like Nick, like I just wanted more in life, wanted complete happyness, which is still yet to be found. I've had many nights lying in bed contemplating a change, but in the end my love for the game always wins out.

It was the main event, and I am pretty shocked the Rio let them film given the ESPN contract.

Although I liked the episode, I don't think it represented poker very well, which is unfortunate since it represented truth.

BeL0W

thought the show was meh...i think an hour long show would have revealed a lot more of waht that lifestyle is really like... but on a side note, every single thing he spoke of, seemed like it came straight out of my brain. i can honestly say 3/4 of what he said in that show, i have said verbatim in my thoughts... it was actually pretty weird, like the episode was scripted around my life.... obv minus baller status

Edited by cream626
I just wish they would have picked someone with a better personality. Did he really drop out of school because of anxiety? I found that a little strange

As fucked up as it sounds I had a similar thing happen to me...Didn't really have any problems at all k-12 in high school and in first year of college...Started 2nd year in August and had anxiety/panic attacks in class. Worst thing ever been through in my life. Just been taking online classes since then, worried about going back and having them. Only happened while in class or situations that felt stuck to a place. Never had them playing poker or anywhere else, just feel comfortable.

It was good enough but it barely scratched the surface. A bigger budget feature length documentary done by a capable filmmaker could be interesting to poker players and the general public alike. The lifestyle of those who have made it is awesome but how much effort, isolation, and commitment was needed for them to make it? If a documentary could capture all aspects of the life of a young poker grinder I think it could be a big it.

As fucked up as it sounds I had a similar thing happen to me...Didn't really have any problems at all k-12 in high school and in first year of college...Started 2nd year in August and had anxiety/panic attacks in class. Worst thing ever been through in my life. Just been taking online classes since then, worried about going back and having them. Only happened while in class or situations that felt stuck to a place. Never had them playing poker or anywhere else, just feel comfortable.

had same thing happen to me, had to leave the classroom and all

Besides his lack of personality, which I would bet was put on for the cameras, I didn't see much of a difference between the E360 interview with Ivey. I mean Ivey was flying around the world, playing table games, making prop bets and talking about how much he wins/loses daily. Yet the Ivey interview was held in high regards bc it was Ivey.

Personally I don't think this show will have any impact at all on future legislation. You can't tell me that the govt doesn't already know the downsides. I mean it def won't help but it's not like this show will sway the minds of the officials that are already in favor of online poker.

Pretty sure lots of stuff he described on the show was exactly what lots of pros/regs feel like at times in their poker careers. How he was thinking of not playing poker again and how poker can be isolating/depressing etc... Poker is tough as is other jobs in this world, but its what u make of your life outside the pokerworld that counts.....

Wein and Below put it best. Thought the show was well done and gave a pretty accurate display of life as a poker player, or at least what lots of people go through mentally who play the game for a living.

Agree. It put things into perspective for me to see how people who don't play for a living see poker. It was a very good insight to what the life is like, but the episode wasn't all I thought it would be. Overall rating: 7

Watched it last night thought it was an ok episode for only being 30 minutes long including commercials. They spent much of it talking to him after busting out of the Main and a game he flew across the country to play in so of course hes going to be depressed who wouldn't be.

I do think its kinda sad when I see other pro poker players who can't not prop bet on everything and anything. I need breaks from the game/gambling for my sanity and I can see how someone might get depressed, feel empty, and want to do something else without them.

Lastly it was filmed right after WSOP that can be a depressing exhausting time of the year.

I do think its kinda sad when I see other pro poker players who can't not prop bet on everything and anything. I need breaks from the game/gambling for my sanity and I can see how someone might get depressed, feel empty, and want to do something else without them.

Lastly it was filmed right after WSOP that can be a depressing exhausting time of the year.

This...and I looked at his wsop this year...obviously didn't cash the main, bubbled the 10k horse FT and got 9th in the 50k I think?

Got 7th in 10 K horse, 9th in 50 K...I thought the episode was ok. Jenks reaction to Nicks cash game online was pretty funny. You just won 10 K?!?!

Overall I thought it was to be expected. I mean he's not going to be doing cartwheels after grinding a month at WSOP and not winning a bracelet. I would think most would be depressed in the immediate aftermath.

Edited by sanzard
used expected twice. It annoyed me