advertisement_alt
victory1

Supernova $4000 Instant Cash Bonus

Question

I asked a question a while back that was the $4000 bonus the best for supernova and many said yes whereas others say it was not good because you had to clear it. But now since this bonus for 250,000 FPP for $4000 is now instant, it looks very good.

Most people said the best thing was the PS Concierge service because the rate is higher. Its 31,000 FPP for $500 but of course you need to buy something first. I'm not sure if this math is right but if you convert the 31,000FPP for every $500, it would come out to $4,032.26 for 250,000 FPP. The rate for the concierge is 0.0161 as oppose to supernova bonus which is 0.016.

My question is since the 4k bonus now is instant, would it better to just take this bonus instead of using the concierge? I plan to buy some electronics this month for about $2000 or so. But then i would need to get more FPP to get the 4k cash bonus. I think its just better to just get the instant $4000 cash now instead and just buy the things like i do normally? I feel like this new change by stars sort of makes the concierge service not that useful anymore since you only get an extra $32 for every $4000? Or is it $25 for every $4000?

I also play those 280FPP as well back a while ago but haven't now. I think im an okay player in those. Would spending all my FPP playing those be a bad idea? I know it would take many many games. I won't play the 5400FPP because thats very high risk to me though its much faster to convert though i know i won't do good in those.

Edit

I just bought a sony laptop for about $950 online but will receive it in about 2 weeks. Would it be a good idea to concierge it Also, since 31,000fpp = $500, i assume they will deduct the exact amount using the same 0.0161 rate so $950 would be around 59,375 fpp?

13 answers to this question

concierge is best value either way, but the 4k bonus isn't instant i'm currently in the process of clearing one now

i think you got grandfathered bro, they're instant now. maybe you can cancel it if you plead with support.

thank you stars.

edit: i remember concierge rate is slightly better, but is it significant? as in would i be losing >$100 if i just went instant cash instead of concierge?

re-edit: oh, you answered all those questions in your OP, which i only skimmed over. i'm such an asshole. sry

Edited by leftygrove

i havent done the whole math, but if you pay $1000 a month in rake, you get 5500 vpps, and that is somewhere around 9k in fpps only reaching goldstar. next month you do the same rake, but you get 2x fpp so thats 11k fpps. now you have 20k fpps and 11k vpps. In the store you can buy 2 $50 Stellar rewards for 1 fpp and a 300 cash bonus for 25k fpps. so now you have paid $2000 in rake in 2 months and you can get $400 back, thats about 20% rakeback basically.

Its always been said that the supernovas and elites work out to get a higher % back, so unless you achieve that, it is comparably smaller rakeback.

Gamble, going to show a different way of looking at it.. If you are already gold star and do exactly $909.09/month in rake you would get $100 a month (more for first month in the year) in stellar rewards and about $159.25 (my example also shows 20k fpps, assuming you were already gold) worth of FPPs.. I am valuing the FPPs at 1.5925 cents which what you can buy a $215 ticket for as well..

Based on these assumptions your returns on rake would be about 28.5% on that amount.. Still less than FTP when you factor in Iron Man medals, FPPs there, and potential blackcard benefits, but comparable on that amount..

Edited by wackyJaxon
Gamble, going to show a different way of looking at it.. If you are already gold star and do exactly $909.09/month in rake you would get $100 a month (more for first month in the year) in stellar rewards and about $159.25 (my example also shows 20k fpps, assuming you were already gold) worth of FPPs.. I am valuing the FPPs at 1.5925 cents which what you can buy a $215 ticket for as well..

Based on these assumptions your returns on rake would be about 28.5% on that amount.. Still less than FTP when you factor in Iron Man medals, FPPs there, and potential blackcard benefits, but comparable on that amount..

Thx Wacky, some are just way better at explaining chit than others. The only thing that makes a difference 9and I am not sure how big), fpp for 215 tourney ticket is 1.5925 cents but buying the cash reward of 300 is 1.2 cents(goldstar) cash reward of 650 is 1.3 cents(platinum). and the first supernova is cash 1000 for 2cents per fpp, the second is even better, 3400 cash for 6.8 cents per fpp. Cash rewards for platinum and up are 50k fpps each, but do not have to be cleared, unlike FTP. Dont get me wrong, I think I like FTPs better, but not everyone gets rakeback at FTP

OP, You're right in saying that the concierge rate is only very slightly better than the $4k cash bonus rate, but it's more flexible in that you don't need to spend exactly 25k FPPs on exactly $4k.

The 280FPP sats you mentioned assign a value of $0.0157 to FPPs, but if you beat them for a +5% ROI you'll find yourself converting FPPs to cash at a better rate than the standard concierge rate. Frankly you'd have to either run like death or just be terrible at SNGs to not manage 5% profit in these, but you have to factor in the EV cost of taking time away from your usual games to grind the hyper sats.

Edited by imwatchingyo