hockeyaces

advice on playing low pairs in the blinds

Question

Villian had raised 3x from button previous orbit. How many BB's do I need to 3bet a late position raiser? Is this a stack off or fold situation?

PokerStars - $3+$0.30|10000/20000 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: 526,596.00

UTG+1: 643,080.00

MP: 451,215.00

CO: 631,954.00

BTN: 601,806.00

SB: 725,145.00

Hero (BB): 539,223.00

Pre Flop: (47500.00)

Hero has 3h 3c

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 60,000.00

6 answers to this question

unless you have any significant reads on the player i'm folding here. you have a decent amount of chips, meaning that you can wait for a better spot. obv you want to pick up chips before the blinds catch you, but in these low buy ins i find that attacking a single limper when in the blinds with a wide range of hands (including suited connectors and low pp's) is one of the easiest ways other than picking up a hand. as it gets deep you can normally assume the players at your table are at least decent, but faaarrrr to many players are limping at these blind levels. just something to think about, take it for what its worth

btw i am just recently beggining to profit, but its been going pretty steady, and i'm not the greatest in the world just trying to give my input lol

I appreciate any input which has reasoning behind it. I made a big mistake and 3bet without properly evaluating our stack sizes. Was trying to create a gameplan where I could 3bet low pairs and stilll fold to a 4 bet. The problem here is that the stack sizes are too small and I should of shoved to not give my opponent fold equity with a four bet.

I appreciate any input which has reasoning behind it. I made a big mistake and 3bet without properly evaluating our stack sizes. Was trying to create a gameplan where I could 3bet low pairs and stilll fold to a 4 bet. The problem here is that the stack sizes are too small and I should of shoved to not give my opponent fold equity with a four bet.

once you 3b he should have zero FE since u should never be folding