advertisement_alt
miamigreen

Min Raise?

Question

Reverse implied pot odds, or simply reverse implied odds, apply to situations where a player will win the minimum if he has the best hand but lose the maximum if he does not have the best hand. Aggressive actions (bets and raises) are subject to reverse implied odds, because they win the minimum if they win immediately (the current pot), but may lose the maximum if called (the current pot plus the called bet or raise). These situations may also occur when a player has a made hand with little chance of improving what he believes may currently be the best hand, but an opponent continues to bet. If the opponent has a weak hand, he will likely give up after the player calls and not call any bets the player makes. If the opponent has a superior hand, he will continue the hand (extracting additional bets or calls from the player).

this is nice. minraises reduceyour reverse implied odds because it is less aggressive and is a smaller bet size. Nice skeptix. In essence, the minraise still attains close to the same level of value as a 2.5-3x, but it risks less overall. Minraises build the pot less too, letting you get away cheap when needed.

i might be wrong and it might just be me over thinking it and convincing myself that its how things are, but i feel that when the blinds look like they are more min raising works better for example if the blinds are 200/400 i feel that people will fold more often than if the blinds are 250/500. mostly bc it looks like its more since at 250/500 its only 2 chips where as at 200/400 its 2 stacks of 4. could be wrong, idk just the feeling i get

i might be wrong and it might just be me over thinking it and convincing myself that its how things are, but i feel that when the blinds look like they are more min raising works better for example if the blinds are 200/400 i feel that people will fold more often than if the blinds are 250/500. mostly bc it looks like its more since at 250/500 its only 2 chips where as at 200/400 its 2 stacks of 4. could be wrong, idk just the feeling i get
often thought the same as this....and even look like a bigger raise when u type in numbers instead of using the slider ie: 839, or 1019 or something like that, the stacks look like heaps lol

i know we pretty much all agree that 3x'ing is a sign of weakness when the blinds go up, but most players normally keep it on the 2.2x-2.7x range ( just roughly idk what a normal raise is specifically) but sometimes i see players like nverscared and TLR min raise their standard open from any position and its not just them, i've seen a hand full of people do it, its just not what i would consider normal. just curious what the reason is if there is one.

? idk which part you mean.

obv 3xing isnt A true sign of weakness... yea its a taletell sign but hes just being a troll.. u kno whut he meant by that first sentance...

proly one of the poeople who say 'yea im not racist, i have a black friend'

just cuz u can identify an outlier doesnt mean the general statement is false.

anyways...

as to why they just minraise... they could b isong a player dependent on their stack size. they cud be 3 betting light and if min raising does the same thing as raising 2.5x... u might as well save the chips. def a better explaination than this but this is kind of part of it. n im drunk n im sure some better reg can explain it better than me.

why raise 2 point wutever when u can click minraise and save time and risk less chips to do the same thing

thats kinda what got me to make this thread in the first place, if youre playing with LAG image maybe min raising can allow you to play more hands, just dont know if its as effective as a normal raise. laziness is an ok answer i guess cus they win lots a $$$$$ anyway but i personaly look at bet sizing as a really important part of the game lol

Basically I think min-raising is the nuts for ABIs >$100, but not quite so awesome once you get under a $75 ABI.

Actually it is becoming a new standard even in 2$ tourneys. Ofc earlier than 200/400 you will get 5 callers behind, but late in tournament I found it works perfectly.