advertisement_alt
FouTight

Lower stakes January Contest ---- discussion thread

Question

So for january im gonna host a very similar comp to the one i am hosting right now in december, ( DECEMBER LOW STAKES )except I will put the stakes slightly lower to allow some lower buyin players to participate in these fun contests.

ANY COMMENTS / SUGGESTIONS are to be made in this thread. Im gonna put up the official thread probably around December 20th which will give people almost 3weeks.

I know some people will want higher buyin and some will want lower buyin. If NO ONE posts that they prefer the lower buyins we will stick with 55$fo and 11R. However, if the low stakes players want to play , PLEASE LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD. I have some friends that cant really afford the 55$fo/11R level but would like to join if its 26$fo/5r.

HEre are the probable rules for the contest if they dont change

--------------------------------------------

50$ buy in per player.

Competition starts sunday January 8 at 0:00 (midnight between saturday and sunday) and runs until 23:59 on sunday january 22nd...

This is a team competition. Teams will be snake-drafted. Please note if you would like to be a captain when you sign up, we usually need a bunch of captains. If we happen to have too many captains, I will go on a first come first serve basis. The captain list will be updated in this post.

Teams of 5.

Buy Ins:

Any tournament that you get PLB points for on Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and UB/AP that fit the following buy in rules counts for this competition. Scoring will be done using p5s PLB scoring.

Freezouts: $26 and below

Any non-freezout: $5 and below

what this means is...any tourney that has any sort of rebuy...whether it be a rebuy, cube, quad, or 2x chance...if the initial buyin is $5 or less, it will count

Scores:

Top 50 scores per team, max of 14 from one single person

Payment & Holding:

I will accept transfers on Stars, FTP and UB for the buyins of this competition (foutight on all sites).

Edited by FouTight

Just a note if you decide to go with the tiered system:

Probably obvious, but don't lock in the ratios before registration. Just do it based on how many people sign up for each tier. You might also want to leave some flexibility in the team sizes so that you can involve the maximum number of people. For example, if you get 3 people at the low tier for every 1 at the high tier, 4 person teams would make more sense than 5 person teams. Also consider upping the entry fee to like 150 for the higher tier entrants for extra motivation for that group.

Good ideas in this post... and I really like the tiered system. Only problem like i said would be the tracking but im sure there are ways around it. I'll talk to P5 before putting up the official post to see if we can get a tiered system going.

can someone stand a chance in this comp if they work a 9-5 thats a small window from 5pm to 8pm that id feel comfortable playing and making it in to work next day obv fridays ill reg all night or w/e and all day sat/sun

never played looks fun wat exactly does a cap'n do

i am in if it stays 55/11's.

Also, doesnt Pokerstars night schedule have 33's (whereas during the day they are 27.50) which are meant to be the same as ftp's 26's? So I am not sure why you would exclude the 33's on ps (those are essential for the night grinder that plays these limits.)

I will be travelling from just after Christmas until the 30th but I am definitely in so if we can get something definite up before then I would like to send my buy in ASAP.

My thing is that I am fine with including $55's and $11r's but if there is the expectation that if we include them that we should be playing most if not all of them like in the MidStakes competition then that won't be me. I will be playing mostly $11-$26 FO's and probably 2-3 $55 FO's a week in that format.

dont max it at 30 that is beyond absurd, there is a micro comp going on right now if you dont wanna play the 11r/55s, go play in that comp, the last comp was run fine besides jacksons dbaggery...ill be a capt depending on draft day

4 man teams would be tighter imo

50 buy in is fine but we should make the comp shorter the lower the buyin

dont max it at 30 that is beyond absurd, there is a micro comp going on right now if you dont wanna play the 11r/55s, go play in that comp, the last comp was run fine besides jacksons dbaggery...ill be a capt depending on draft day

4 man teams would be tighter imo

50 buy in is fine but we should make the comp shorter the lower the buyin

4 man would be pretty cool. 50 buy in too low imo tho