TY

EDIT:

for me:

I think i shove 77's thorugh J's and AQ AK

I raise call qq+

I hate raise folding my stack but if i had to then 4's through 6's

Edited by Guest

6 answers to this question

You can't raise/call QQ+ and openship 77+ AQ+, that's a MAJOR leak cos it makes your game readable, your range needs to be balanced.

You can change between raise/calling and openshipping depending on your pos, say openship a range of 88+ AJs/AQ+ UTG but you could raise/call those hands from CO/BU to induce the blinds to get it in with worse.

As you already mentioned raise/folding is not good, in fact it's horrendous on 20bb cos you'll spew your stack away.

Important points:

1. Set a range that you will go broke with from UTG and decide wether you want to raise/call or openship those hands.

2. Never switch between raise/calling and shoving depending on your hand strength, rather on your position.

3. Never/ rly rly rarely raise/fold with 20bb's

Or you can balance your range by not always shoving 77-JJ,AQ+ and always r/c QQ+. Sometimes shove QQ+ and sometimes r/c 77-JJ,AQ+ if you think your opponents are going to be able to exploit not wanting to open shove 20 bbs with QQ+. I hate 100% open shoving QQ+ here because youre stack is still big enough that youre unlikely to get called and youre losing a ton of value with premium hands.

20bb's

UTG

Shove range: 66+, ATs+, A3-A5s, KTs+, QTs+, AQ+

TY

EDIT:

for me:

I think i shove 77's thorugh J's and AQ AK

I raise call qq+

I hate raise folding my stack but if i had to then 4's through 6's

You can't raise/call QQ+ and openship 77+ AQ+, that's a MAJOR leak cos it makes your game readable, your range needs to be balanced.

You can change between raise/calling and openshipping depending on your pos, say openship a range of 88+ AJs/AQ+ UTG but you could raise/call those hands from CO/BU to induce the blinds to get it in with worse.

As you already mentioned raise/folding is not good, in fact it's horrendous on 20bb cos you'll spew your stack away.

Important points:

1. Set a range that you will go broke with from UTG and decide wether you want to raise/call or openship those hands.

2. Never switch between raise/calling and shoving depending on your hand strength, rather on your position.

3. Never/ rly rly rarely raise/fold with 20bb's

Having unbalanced ranges isn't that bad against a table full of fish though, imo. It only really matters against regs.