Im a fn sta

Anyone fold 66 with 14bb's here?

Question

PokerStars Game #54357657024: Tournament #344010394, $20+$2 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2010/12/16 13:24:15 ET

Table '344010394 110' 9-max Seat #6 is the button

Seat 1: I'm a fn sta (2855 in chips)

Seat 2: yard_warrior (7338 in chips)

Seat 3: compas69 (1915 in chips)

Seat 4: KKPT (2705 in chips)

Seat 5: GR_hask. (2910 in chips)

Seat 6: sperxxxx (8219 in chips)

Seat 7: broke_addict (5575 in chips)

Seat 8: Tha-MoHustle (3241 in chips)

Seat 9: Ouzoke (6340 in chips)

broke_addict: posts small blind 100

Tha-MoHustle: posts big blind 200

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to I'm a fn sta [6d 6h]

Ouzoke: folds

I'm a fn sta:???

29 answers to this question

You have to consider when the blinds are next up, if its less than a minute u dont have 14bb's

id be interestd to see what we actually shove here...

aswell as that, if our stack is around 20bb does this mean we are open folding 77,88, 99???

wow... is it really down to the antes close??? maybe I approached this too simply but I really thought any PP was a shove here, surprised (and happy) to see the big chippers all agree on the fold... so we'd really need to be under 10bb to consider this jam?

i think this is a fine fold, def not an awful jam by any means...i think that if u alter things ever so slightly it becomes clear cut tho...if u had about 2 blinds more, i think it's a snap fold...if u had 2 blinds less, easy shove...also, if u are in MP (maybe 2-3 spots further in position) ill gladly shove even more than 15 bbs too...scarypooper said it best...def be cautious shoving small pairs in EP pre ante...but i also disagree with manch...that 10 bbs is not close with 66, or any pair for that matter, even pre ante. same goes for 11 bbs, both being easy shoves.

i think this is a fine fold, def not an awful jam by any means...i think that if u alter things ever so slightly it becomes clear cut tho...if u had about 2 blinds more, i think it's a snap fold...if u had 2 blinds less, easy shove...also, if u are in MP (maybe 2-3 spots further in position) ill gladly shove even more than 15 bbs too...scarypooper said it best...def be cautious shoving small pairs in EP pre ante...but i also disagree with manch...that 10 bbs is not close with 66, or any pair for that matter, even pre ante. same goes for 11 bbs, both being easy shoves.

appriciate the input, does your logic change say if i have 99 there? Is 99 too big to fold, possibly getting called my worst? or still fold.

thanks

thx for ur advice graybone.. Im too nitty pre ante in spots like that... So if 11bb is a jam with 66... how many BBs can we shove with antes in that same spot? like 14 or 15 seem about right? I guess it also depends on the stack sizes of the players behind you, and the players in the blinds, but I find myself in some awk spots in EP with like 15 or 16 BB's with mid pairs and usually end up folding them, it might be bad.

thx for ur advice graybone.. Im too nitty pre ante in spots like that... So if 11bb is a jam with 66... how many BBs can we shove with antes in that same spot? like 14 or 15 seem about right? I guess it also depends on the stack sizes of the players behind you, and the players in the blinds, but I find myself in some awk spots in EP with like 15 or 16 BB's with mid pairs and usually end up folding them, it might be bad.

i still owe u a slowroll manch : ) i think id fold 22-66 with 16-20 bbs in EP after antes are out...15 bb and lower in that spot with 66 after antes seems about the cutoff point for shoving i imagine...and obv it all fluctuates with each blind more/less and every spot further in position u are.