advertisement_alt
Mkind16

**The Official** "Oh wait there's a game, too?" **Jets/Patriots** Gameday Thread

he sounds retarded in the interview. I get being pumped up and wanting to stick it to the critics who didn't give them a chance, but christ man show some semblance of professionalism. Sanchez is the only one on that team that carries himself like a true pro, and he's a second year player.

LT does as well

he sounds retarded in the interview. I get being pumped up and wanting to stick it to the critics who didn't give them a chance, but christ man show some semblance of professionalism. Sanchez is the only one on that team that carries himself like a true pro, and he's a second year player.

LT does as well

QFredundancy

LT does as well

Tony Richardson, Jerricho Cotchery, Nick Mangold, D'Brick Ferguson, Dustin Keller, David Harris, Darrelle Revis, Jim Leonhard? C'mon man, thats just a stupid statement. There's more players on the team than just Scott, Rex, and Cromartie or even Jason Taylor if you want to count him for a while back.

The interview

Bart Scott=Ollie Williams?

[video=youtube;J6z88ur-8bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6z88ur-8bY&feature=related

A few things....

GG Pats another great season and looks like we will have an interesting few years ahead competing with you in the division.

Watching this with my elderlyish father and my two year old daughter screaming go jets gooooooo made this top 5 sports moment in my life. Was completely phenominal.

The most impressive thing to me is the way Rex and the D have gotten into the head of both Manning and Brady.

The coverage is so good they are generating enough pressure on the QBs to accelerate their thinking process. In breaking point situations late in the game you have Manning and Brady both handing the ball off way more than usual IMO. Lets be honest Brady actually looked rattled .

Say what you want about Sanchez, he is a bit inaccurate, inconsistant. But key situations in multiple playoff games he has made some fantastic throws and is in complete control of the offense. You can tell he has full respect of the huddle and has been pretty damn cool under fire on the big stage.

Full kudos to Sanchez, Ellis, Devito, Harris, Cotchery, the whole secondary, the O line. Those guys simply outworked the Pats almost every play.

If Jets win next week, Sanchez will have the most road playoff wins of any QB.

Ever.

Edited by Pker4Dummies

Made a deal with myself that I was stayin out of OT yesterday either way. What a game.

--Screw Futon for the self-ban. That is such a fucking cop-out. Does this include the Championship and Super Bowl previews??? If so that is awful. Genius in a way but still awful.

-- Nice to have Dolphin on the bandwagon. I would petition the Mods for either a screen name change (Jets6) or an undertitle (actually a Jets fan).

-- OT is going to be a pretty interesting place if the Jets and Bears win this coming Sunday. Just thinking about that makes me LOL.

--Crazy stat by Pker4Dummies if its true. Are we saying officially that no QB in NFL history has more playoff road wins than one of the worst QBs in the NFL in only his 2nd year?? That can't be true.

-- Love me some Bart Scott. "They can't stop a nosebleed"=Quote of the year BY FAR.

i think sunday is going to be an interesting game for sure. Not sure who im going to bet on or go for,but tons of dynamics and things to think about. First, I dont think Manning or Brady buckled and thats why they were handing it off more. thats what the jets were giving them, and thats what they tried to take. the jets gameplan was to force those two teams to be patient. they were willing to give up 3-4 yards a rush maybe more by playing alot more coverage and not rushing quite as much. it seemed like they were egging on those two teams to do something that may work, but that they werent comfortable with.. Its actually pretty smart, because it shortens the game and makes the possessions 3x longer, and when you add in that the jets possessions are long as is, it really keeps the game in your control.

Thats what makes this weekends game most interesting. First, the jets will not be able to run on the steelers at all, and im not sure sanchez is going to be nearly as successful as he was the last 2 games. this steelers D will make him turn over the ball. also Folk might as well not even make the trip, that guy sucks and playing at Heinz isnt going to help his confidence either. who wants him kicking anything over 30 yards to put you in the superbowl?

The good thing is, if the steelers had problems with that ravens pass rush, they are in for a death sentence against rex. i doubt rex and them play as much coverage, it will be more of a blitz package nightmare for the steelers to contend with. Steelers gave up a Kickoff return TD against them in the first qtr of their reg season game. Special teams will 100% decide this one again. Cant wait to see it though

--Crazy stat by Pker4Dummies if its true. Are we saying officially that no QB in NFL history has more playoff road wins than one of the worst QBs in the NFL in only his 2nd year?? That can't be true.

Heard this on Boomer & Carton this morning as well - seems like it is probably true. Say what you will about the Sanchize, his stats, etc., but he has that 'it' factor that guys like Big Ben have - he is a leader of men that commands his huddle, has the complete faith of/instills confidence in his troops.

4-1 road playoff record speaks for itself. I'd take him in a heartbeat to lead my team over Matt Ryan.

Special teams will 100% decide this one again. Cant wait to see it though

The Jets are really going to suffer in this one if Brad Smith isn't available.

xxedpxx is a level account....he is a kellykip wannabe

Jets-Steelers is gonna be interesting for sure. The Jets had some success running the ball last time because unlike most teams they have someone who can keep Harrison relatively quiet one on one (D'Brick).

This game figures to be a lot closer so it's gonna come down to Big Ben vs Sanchez. This matchup is hardly a reward for winning in Indy and NE two weeks in a row. I think we should get to play the Chargers.

Heard this on Boomer & Carton this morning as well - seems like it is probably true. Say what you will about the Sanchize, his stats, etc., but he has that 'it' factor that guys like Big Ben have - he is a leader of men that commands his huddle, has the complete faith of/instills confidence in his troops.

4-1 road playoff record speaks for itself. I'd take him in a heartbeat to lead my team over Matt Ryan.

The Jets are really going to suffer in this one if Brad Smith isn't available.

Brad Smith says he coulda played yesterday but Rex told him to wait a week, so he's playing barring a setback. Remember, Smith returned a kick for a TD the 1st time the Jets and Steelers played this year.

Cromartie proved to be pretty good on kick returns (not as good as Smith, but still an asset), which at the very least proves there will be life after Smith likely leaves next year.

also Folk might as well not even make the trip, that guy sucks and playing at Heinz isnt going to help his confidence either. who wants him kicking anything over 30 yards to put you in the superbowl?

If Folk misses a kick this Sunday, Doug Brien will be the happiest man in the world.

only reason jets won was because welker got suspended for his comments. if welker starts pats probably score first drive and game turns out completely different. have fun getting shit stomped in pittsburgh next week

lol @ if he starts they win. He sat out 1 offensive series and still returned the 1st punt of the game after the Jets 1st possession. I'm sure Welker would've made a huge difference on that 1st drive. Maybe he could've tackled David Harris sooner than the rest of his team did.

lol @ if he starts they win. He sat out 1 offensive series and still returned the 1st punt of the game after the Jets 1st possession. I'm sure Welker would've made a huge difference on that 1st drive. Maybe he could've tackled David Harris sooner than the rest of his team did.

?? 0 points came off that turnover tho

Anyway, Welker sitting out the 1st possession was not a fucking factor whatsoever. The scheme and gameplan put forth by the Jets was the difference (still LMAO @ running a 4-6 Bear but w/e).

I can't say that I'm over it bc I would have done a few things differently for sure, like kick it away w 2 minutes to go. I also would have kicked a FG with 2:28 left in the 4th on 2nd or 3rd down b4 the 2 minute warning. They were moving ridic slow on the field and would have been useful to have the 2 minute warning as a time out, IF they kicked a FG on 2nd or 3rd down.

GG Jets for sure

Edited by kojacks

The Jets won the game because their players made plays and the Patriots players didn't. Rex didn't outcoach Belichick and none of the smack talking during the week made any difference.

Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Tomlinson, Sanchez, Cromartie, etc each made a play or 2 that made a huge difference in the game. The Patriots didn't match the playmaking. Bottom line.

You wouldn't have felt that way if Holmes and Braylon don't make those TD catches and they settled for FGs. We all would have been bashing Rex and Shottie for the conservative play calling and the 2-3 punts on 4th and short betwen the 30 and 40 yard line.

I think Rex out-manuevered and confused Brady. That doesn't mean he outcoached Belichick.