advertisement_alt
TheBigEarn

Offical American Idol Thread

Stefano, Thia and Naima probably need to go first, then Lauren and Paul, then Scotty, Casey and James, Haley next and Pia and Jacob will be the finalists.

The only doubt I have about this is if Haley did too little too late tonight. Interesting group. The top seven ought to make a little bank in the business.

Casey and Haley were the best. I really like Casey and is still my fav to win the whole thing.

Naima sucked balls. I think Stefano sucks in general and is overall the worst on the show. Those two should go.

I get sick of Jacob's church choir voice, excessive vibrato, and demeanor. Quit crying already. I get sick of James' shrieking. Thia is cute and has a good voice but no chance of winning. Paul has about worn out his welcome and also stands no chance of winning. Didn't see Pia sing tonight, but I saw the 5 second clip at the end of the show and that part was good. Didn't see Scotty either, but he'll be on a while, as there is only one country singer left on the show and a lot of country fans out there that can push him. I don't like him though. Lauren was meh but will be on the show a while.

I haven't gotten up to Jacob yet, but I usually fast forward, I hate the sound of his voice. I couldn't ever listen to a record of his, for some reason it's like nails on a blackboard.

couldn't agree more with this...him and Thia put me to sleep, sorry not a fan of Opera or whatever.

Bottom 3 imo Naimi, Stefano (both going home) and either Paul or Thia

My favorite was Jacob. It wasn't his best, but he still gave me my only goosebumps moment of the night, about two thirds through his song.

I liked Casey and Lauren second and third best.

I thought Haley was okay, but her performance seemed really loungey to me. I also don't feel like she's telling a story when she sings. It's like she's just hitting random notes. I thought she sang great, but I didn't connect to anything she was singing.

Pia was fine; nothing to write home about.

I don't really have anything to say about the rest. I wasn't a big fan of any of the other performances.

Naima was the worst, by far. She's going home. I'll say she's in the bottom three with Stefano and Thia, with Stefano also going home.

Casey was on his way home last week and suddenly you believe he was in the top 8 among voters this week?

i believe it. the judges save gave him a lot of credit imo and let the voters look at him again with an open mind, his performance last night was pretty solid imo

on another note, is this jamie foxx and will.i.am song real? holy christ kill it with fire

he got the lowest number of votes last week because the voting process is very unscientific, i.e. people just text who they happen to like at certain times and many people could fail to vote for someone (like Casey) who they assume will get through. It's pretty obvious that he overwhelmingly owned the vote this week, and should continue to get it in weeks forward.

Casey is certainly one of the most talented, if not the most. My final 5 is - Casey, Jacob, Pia, Lauren and Scotty. If I were guessing the winner right now, I would take Casey.

he got the lowest number of votes last week because the voting process is very unscientific, i.e. people just text who they happen to like at certain times and many people could fail to vote for someone (like Casey) who they assume will get through.

this is very true, especially the part about assuming someone will get through based on their performance or the judges remarks.

yeah, the voting by text is pretty tough to gauge.

I doubt there are many 50yr old Canadian males texting for the country dude, or many 15yr old american girls texting for a performer based purely on ability lol.

Naima and Thia, though Paul was surprisingly (to me at least) in the bottom three.

In the beginning they flashed on the screen "you will never guess who's going home". I figured for sure that meant Haley or Paul and hoped it was Paul. I guess they felt Thia was a shocker? I was a lil surprised Paul wasn't sent home, but glad bc Naimi is turrible and Thia has a decent voice but bores me.

I definitely think Jacob is the most talented vocally of the 9 remaining, but I hope he goes home soon bc he bores me and while I can appreciate his talent he has no shot of winning bc he is completely wrong for Idol.

I'm really starting to pull for Haley, and I think she is a dark horse to win this thing. She really seems to be growing and improving every week...unlike some others...

Pia has taken a step back by just being consistently good the whole time but not taking the steps forward that I expected of her. While I thought she was 1 of the locks for top 3 and favorite to win this thing at the start of the top 13 I wouldn't be shocked if she doesn't make the top 5.

I think Stefano is this season's Tim Urban, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him hang out in the bottom 3 for a couple more weeks before going home.

Paul has gotten pretty meh to me...Come Pick Me Up was probably my favorite performance of any of the guys this season, but the rest of his stuff has stunk. He'll be gone in the next week or 2 unless he dramatically turns things around with smarter song choices that the audience can connect with and are also a good fit for his style.

James is good, best performance artist the have, but a lil irritating that he's so much like Adam Lambert but not even close to as good as him. If we never had Adam Lambert I think this kid would be getting a ton of love instead of hate for being a copycat.

Scotty/Lauren I think they will have successful careers in country music but i dont see either of them winning, but they could definitely sneak into the top 3.

And then we have Casey. I like the kid but I hate the save. But now that they used it on him, I really hope he wins. Not to validate the save, but rather to make a mockery of AI in what could be one of its last seasons. C'mon...the guy who wins wasn't even supposed to make the top 10 and go on the tour?? That would be awesome imo

Voters got the bottom three right and I'm glad Naima is finally gone. I'm really glad Haley gave her best performance last night as I think she has a lot of potential and I obviously don't mind looking at her in the coming weeks. Pia is still smoking, but I think I'm on the Haley bandwagon now.

Casey was on his way home last week and suddenly you believe he was in the top 8 among voters this week?

Casey was awful for two weeks in a row. His performance last week was the first performance of the show, and it was cheesy as hell. It was forgettable. That's an awful set of circumstances. He did nothing to get people to vote for him. This week, he had one of the top two or three performances of the night. That equates to votes. It's not like everyone just latches on to their favorite and votes for the same person every week.

Nice post Bel0w, lol

In the beginning they flashed on the screen "you will never guess who's going home". I figured for sure that meant Haley or Paul and hoped it was Paul. I guess they felt Thia was a shocker?

It's called marketing bud. If they said... "You already know which 3 are up... wait for the end to see which 2 of the 3 go!" would you watch the terrible songs and product placements in between?

Edited by Guest
Casey was awful for two weeks in a row. His performance last week was the first performance of the show, and it was cheesy as hell. It was forgettable. That's an awful set of circumstances. He did nothing to get people to vote for him. This week, he had one of the top two or three performances of the night. That equates to votes. It's not like everyone just latches on to their favorite and votes for the same person every week.

Nice post Bel0w, lol

tv_sanjaya.gif

Voters got it right.

Last night on the commercial showing what was going to be on the news it said that there is a couple amongst the top 11. I didn't watch it but am curious. Anyone know who it is? My guess is Scotty and Lauren.

yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it's those two... they're about the same age and the duet tonight might've been another indicator.

Voters got it right.

Last night on the commercial showing what was going to be on the news it said that there is a couple amongst the top 11. I didn't watch it but am curious. Anyone know who it is? My guess is Scotty and Lauren.

I caught the very end of this story on the radio today flipping stations but didn't hear names tho they were named. My sister seemed to think Haley was involved and my 1st thought was Stefano or Casey but I really have no clue. IDk about Scotty/Lauren, would make sense age wise but Scotty doesnt strike me as the type to appreciate all that thickness.

It's called marketing bud. If they said... "You already know which 3 are up... wait for the end to see which 2 of the 3 go!" would you watch the terrible songs and product placements in between?

Ya I guess your right...tho I dvr it so I can skip the BS...was looking forward to Jamie Foxx b4 he started that LOL song...skipped all of fantasia minus the last line of song where she said she been eating cornbread or something...and from the looks of it she's been eating ALOT of cornbread

lol, Lauren isn't that thick.

Ummmm ya..right...I normally love a girl in a dress but a girl with that much ass should always be wearing jeans. And yes I do feel like a dirty old man right now siiiiiigh

Ya apparently it's Haley and Casey dating

.and from the looks of it she's been eating ALOT of cornbread

now that's a thick girl. geezus her ass was huge.

haley and casey? weird. she could do much better than that guy imo. at least he trimmed his beard and hair up a bit this week. kid was looking homeless.

Edited by MUPokerPlayer