advertisement_alt
s c u m m 3 r

how reasonable is it to get to 50k in 6 months?

Question

I turned $100 into 75k in > 2 months on UB alone... He can definitely do it. You gotta take shots though, I shipped both 4k turbo's on the same night for a little over 1k a piece, binked a 3rd in the $320 50k for 7k then sat down at 5/10 PLO with 1k (about 15% of my BR). I ran that up to 12k in one sitting, jumped to 10/20 PLO HU and 6 max for 2 weeks and won about 20k and followed up playing 25/50 PLO HU the rest of the way and in >2 months... 75k!.. Where it is now.... well, that's another story lol.

please continue story....

Well ya see.... I decided to play 100-200 PLO with a couple of dudes that run like god and it took about 3 hours to lose 50k and the 25k that I cashed out I had fun playing 1k BJ hands with and running incredibly horrid at the Soaring Eagle after getting 2 outed on the river 6 hours deep into the HPT event that evening.

It is definetly possible... getting that 4k to like 10-15k will prob be the tough part, but once you are rolled for mid stakes and take occasional shots at the bigger stuff, you can easily net a profit of 50k over 6 months... a lot of negativity itt.

This is huge, id say running to your bankroll 4x to 15k'ish is much harder than running your bankroll from 15k to 50k. At 4k you are in a redline position with no flexibility, playing your b and c game will occur more frequently (results oriented).

I wouldnt be running my 4k into tournies though, i'd be going 40 buyins at .5-1. A solid month at that level allow for increased flexibility to take shots in cash and take some shots in higher buy in tounaments with smaller fields.

It can deff be done, I just did it. But I do not think you will get it with this approach. My goal was to use strict BRM, work very hard, and play lots of volume. If your goal is volume and hard work the results will come. If your goal is results, good luck to you.

Great post

The mindset is so important .... concentrate on the things you can control - BRM, hard work learning, and the right volume balanced in --> if your good enough the results follow these pre-requisites

six months from now i plan to have profited at least that much at the wsop and i dont even know how to play good. but, hundreds of randoms do it every year so i say reasonable...esp cuz your plan includes volume online and not a dream

This is huge, id say running to your bankroll 4x to 15k'ish is much harder than running your bankroll from 15k to 50k. At 4k you are in a redline position with no flexibility, playing your b and c game will occur more frequently (results oriented).

I wouldnt be running my 4k into tournies though, i'd be going 40 buyins at .5-1. A solid month at that level allow for increased flexibility to take shots in cash and take some shots in higher buy in tounaments with smaller fields.

There is absolutely no way that the bolded part is true.