advertisement_alt
cracker9ball

Reasons for my success?

Question

Of course there is the OBV fundamental things that you learn from training sites, books, and lots of trial and error, but I believe it is something else. I am a strong believer in positive attitude and positive surroundings. I also think that emotional detachment is very important but will be a forever improving process. One of the things I try to tell myself when I take a beat is, if ten other players took the same beat, would I have handled it the best? Also sometime I try to imagine the ten most important people I know watching and try and act accordingly. I think that negativity and to much emotion in poker can consume you and make the game intolerable. In my opinion, these things are just as important as understanding stack sizes and re-steals. Good luck to everyone in the future and remember that positivity is key!

I just think the title should be different. Cracker by no means(I'm assuming)believes positive thinking is the lone driver for his success. He's just stating its an important one. I also don't think PGH is hating, he's just trying to help people like me, who came here looking for that secret on how to take my game to the next level, understand a positive mindset is an important tool, but nowhere near the most.

it sounds as if Cracker is a good person and doesn't deserve any hate.

being positive helps you make the best decisions.. so on that regard I agree with OP.. but being positive doesn't inherently affect how the cards runout AK vs QQ.. sry.. if ur a good poker player over a long period of time u will do well and show profit.. agree with pgh tbh... I'm sure the reason uve done well OP is cuz u are good at poker ..

I guess I just don't get what some of y'all are saying. Title of thread is "reason for my success?" the ? is key here. Then I wanted to talk about the effect a positive attitude has on me. The guys that think it would have more merit if on a downswing is weird, then it would be "how to stay positive through a downswing". My title was spot on and so was my topic, you don't have to agree, and if you don't I still wish you well.

i'm sorry but staying positive through a 1 week downswing literally means 0. can't fathom that meaning anything...if you can't stay positive through losing for a week if you know you're a profitable poker player, you should def just quit the game lol

i'm not trying to "hate" on you or anything. I know what you're trying to say...its a more happy-go-lucky way of saying what pgh is saying: staying positive helps you stay off tilt and continue to make the mathematically most profitable decisions. but that post about somehow managing to stay positive through a 1 week downswing is just hilarious, you have to admit

Edited by FenwayKing
i'm sorry but staying positive through a 1 week downswing literally means 0. can't fathom that meaning anything...if you can't stay positive through losing for a week if you know you're a profitable poker player, you should def just quit the game lol

i'm not trying to "hate" on you or anything. I know what you're trying to say...its a more happy-go-lucky way of saying what pgh is saying: staying positive helps you stay off tilt and continue to make the mathematically most profitable decisions. but that post is just hilarious, you have to admit

You OBV have not read much of this thread, lol.

um yes i have. your post about staying positive through a 1 week downswing is absurd. your OP is fine; staying positive helps you make good decisions and is probably helps you be successful particularly in the middle of sessions instead of tilting/tooling out like a lot of people do.

The 1 week downswing was to show a recent example that I am the same always. I was not trying to say a 1 week downswing is a lot. I am sorry all you guys are filled with so much anger, but get over yourself, then have a good day.

let me know when u catch up fenway

But that has no bearing on your poker game. None. If you go on Tilt and you start making mathematically poor decisions, then you are making objectively unprofitable decisions; it doesn't matter if you are smiling uncontrollably or slitting your wrists when you 4bet light.

when has anybody ever gone on tilt smilling uncontrollably? you pretty much contradict yourself and make ops point here.... playing spewy and drunk no different then being emotionally attached and upset/negative when cards don't fall your way... If you can keep your emotions in check you are going to have a better chance to make the best decisions... (not that I know)

Edited by AJyowler
lol

thats the point. we understand that it's an example. it's not a good example as pretty much everyone has said in this thread.

let me know when you understand the difference between an example and a good example

I already apologized for it not being a good one, what else do you need? I mean you made a point, I gave explanation. I could have said I make it through long downswing fine, and I do, but instead I tried to refer to an example where I have proof on this site. I do know 1 week is not long at all. Maybe it is my positive attitude that keep me form having longer ones!

its awful how often one has to come on here to defend their threads, ESP if it deals with someones success......c9 nice heater and keep playing well. I think most peeps in here are trying to give you props in one form or anothers.....

its awful how often one has to come on here to defend their threads, ESP if it deals with someones success......c9 nice heater and keep playing well. I think most peeps in here are trying to give you props in one form or anothers.....

Thank you very much.

TBH I have been discussing this thread with some guys and so many have said "that is why I don't post on public forums, to many haters, haters gonna hate"

I have chosen to just give them a reply and not give up, my goal was to help people!

Edited by cracker9ball

Cracker9, the silent majority know exactly what you are saying and what you mean. We both know that a positive frame of mind is able to make better decisions than a negative one does, no matter what our level of ability. My best decision may be worse than your worst decision. Talent + a positive attitude is unstoppable long term.

Cracker9, the silent majority know exactly what you are saying and what you mean. We both know that a positive frame of mind is able to make better decisions than a negative one does, no matter what our level of ability. My best decision may be worse than your worst decision. Talent + a positive attitude is unstoppable long term.

Thank you mufasa, I am always pulling for you and know you will be here with me soon.

For anyone that found something in this thread they didn't like, instead of spending any energy on that, think about the things if any you did like, then go play your best poker and win. GL TO ALL

I do know 1 week is not long at all. Maybe it is my positive attitude that keep me form having longer ones!

absolutely not, ur retarded and have absolutely no understanding of variance. your fucking optimism and happiness or whatever has no bearing on how good you run in mtts

Being positive helps you be positive. It doesn't impact your poker game unless it changes your decisions, but that's an entirely different issue.

seems pretty dumb to think your decisions aren't going to be more clearheaded and profitable with a good frame of mind vs a shitty one

i will say though, i put my my money on the tilting donk that understands fundamentals vs the happy donk that has no idea what hes doing lol

this thread is oprah-y

Edited by BLUEberLEEZ

just give up op.... you could say a stop sign is red and you would get 20 ppl on this forum to argue... not sure if you know but 1 week is not a downswing?? think you need 50 other posters to state this since you acknowledging that fact over and over hasn't stopped them from tooling out...

Really? Nice representation of yourself pokerjamers, w/e and gl, carry on

jamers is kinda right. some people need a positive mindset to think clearly, but not everyone. in fact i think it hurts a lot of others. people blindly being positive won't help them win, and it could prevent them from seeing the real problems.

what's important is being realistic and not worrying about things you can't change. that's different from being positive. you could be the most negative person on earth and as long as you don't let it affect your decisions you will succeed (assuming you are playing well).

nothing against the op but i hate things like "the secret" and "positive-mindset life coaches" because it takes your attention away from what the real issue is. obviously i do understand that some ppl will benefit from this, and do need it.

edit: also a very entertaining thread to read while flying

Edited by subiime