advertisement_alt
BBPascua

who ranked in the top 1000 have a full time job outside of poker?

Question

30 answers to this question

I do strategy and data analytics at identified.com 3 days a week and play poker 3 days a week.

To be honest, I think it helps your poker a game a lot to have other things that you are very involved in. When you play too much poker day after day, it's hard not to become a little bit numb or to go a little bit crazy.

I do strategy and data analytics at identified.com 3 days a week and play poker 3 days a week.

To be honest, I think it helps your poker a game a lot to have other things that you are very involved in. When you play too much poker day after day, it's hard not to become a little bit numb or to go a little bit crazy.

Absolutely agree, I'm back in school ( 23 creds) and now when I get time to play I really enjoy it, and ive done way better when I can only play once or twice a week then when poker was the only thing that I did each day. Balance ftw.

im ranked about 22000 and have a 8.30-5 office job where i spend all day surfing pokersites then i get home and everything i have learnt during the day goes straight out the window and i then gamble my Bank-roll away then self ban myself for a month then regret doing that and then have to wait 30 days to be able to play again and re-deposit! GOOD TIMES!!! :-)

im ranked about 22000 and have a 8.30-5 office job where i spend all day surfing pokersites then i get home and everything i have learnt during the day goes straight out the window and i then gamble my Bank-roll away then self ban myself for a month then regret doing that and then have to wait 30 days to be able to play again and re-deposit! GOOD TIMES!!! :-)

i loled, at least you're honest

Pretty much the greatest thing I have read on this site!

breaking into top 1000.the think you dont realise is that top 1000 is made from volume and cashes not profit so a players that play lots of volume but with -30% ROI can be in it and still be broke!!!Doesnt mean your making lots of $.I am professional football player so lots of free time and enjoy playing but thats not my job. hope this helps you viewing differently the rankings

Wow I enjoy reading everyones post. I currently hump a 9-5 job where I make an modest hourly wage, and then I come home and put about a months salary on the line in some mid stake MTT's. I have been debating quiting my job since most of my close friends who grind dont work.... but then I assume I will run god awful and then I will have NO JOB, NO INSURANCE, and then NO BANKROLL :)