advertisement_alt
Cmoney3

Am I the only one who loves M.E.T.s?

Question

I think these are a great idea. I love them and hope to see more of them. I can play two 20 or 30 rebuys instead of wasting time on a shitty 50 freeze. prize pools will be bigger even without double guarantee week. post in this thread if u also love METs

There are no other tournaments anywhere offering you the chance to win 60-80k on a $22 investment. And yeah, I'd like to see someone double FT 20-30k runners. Get real.

for a tourny with 20k runners, i think it changes slightly and think that there is enough value in the Dub Deuce (especially during dub gtd week) to play additional entries.

for a normal 1k or less field, i dont see the it.

who hasnt final'd 1k plus fields within 4 tournys...

if mully has 4 entries in the same mtt, then i would do 4 as well, bc the value gained if u were lucky enough to sit at 2+ tables with him is too big an edge to pass up.

Hate em. Absolutely fucking hate them. Every fucking moron plays them like s.turbos. "Sure ill flat call ur 4 bet oop with 59 off and c wot happens. Cool i flopped bottom pair ill just shove. Wow i just turned trips against ur overpair". Maybe im just filthy cause it costs a shit load of money and i havent won anything. I think the standard of play is lower and for a donkey battler like myself its just str8 up tough working ur way through a 4000 strong field of 20% quality regulars playing loose aggressive poker cause they have 3 other buy ins going anyway. Cant see how anyone except the cashed up top players can like this. Just the opinion of a disillusioned donk

Hate em. Absolutely fucking hate them. Every fucking moron plays them like s.turbos. "Sure ill flat call ur 4 bet oop with 59 off and c wot happens. Cool i flopped bottom pair ill just shove. Wow i just turned trips against ur overpair". Maybe im just filthy cause it costs a shit load of money and i havent won anything. I think the standard of play is lower and for a donkey battler like myself its just str8 up tough working ur way through a 4000 strong field of 20% quality regulars playing loose aggressive poker cause they have 3 other buy ins going anyway. Cant see how anyone except the cashed up top players can like this. Just the opinion of a disillusioned donk

it pains me to say this...But I agree.

it appears ur not the only one

i agree with all of this completely. im being serious. 100%

it appears ur not the only one

i agree with all of this completely. im being serious. 100%

The mind of a donk with 4 tables (same tournament) up... (JUST an example) on 2 tables he has 49s and say 10 2s and both table he faces a raise and a light reraise. He is prob gonna call both becuase he has 2 chances of flopping the flush or flush draw......It sucks when something like this happens but thats poker. I think overtime more and more donkeys will just dry up even more so and the more they push this the tougher and tougher this game will be for the regs and semi regs. This will create a boom for a short period of time for FTP but once the Donkeys get even the slightest bit smarter they will play strictly on PS and not play ANY M.E.T.S.

The mind of a donk with 4 tables (same tournament) up... (JUST an example) on 2 tables he has 49s and say 10 2s and both table he faces a raise and a light reraise. He is prob gonna call both becuase he has 2 chances of flopping the flush or flush draw......It sucks when something like this happens but thats poker. I think overtime more and more donkeys will just dry up even more so and the more they push this the tougher and tougher this game will be for the regs and semi regs. This will create a boom for a short period of time for FTP but once the Donkeys get even the slightest bit smarter they will play strictly on PS and not play ANY M.E.T.S.

are you implying that this is bad?

Multi entries are a nice once in a while, or minor tweek to typical schedule. Overall for the poker community its garbage. Really? Do people want to see good players get another shot at the tourney once they bust? Makes no sense, for mediocre and bad players. We obviously know the not so good players are in the majority. Losing players make it great for the good ones to keep playing. ridiculous idea to have an entire week to dedicate most of your tournies too. Kiss the fish goodbye IMO.

this is basically the point u were trying to make right AmSlim22?

I was skeptical going in... I think they are good for the low/midstake grinders. First the low stake games have been getting ridiculous fields. a $5 tourney where even the donkeys are excited about 4 buyins has lead to 4k+ entries in a tourney that used to get a couple hundred. And bad players are max buying as well, so they are loaded with so much equity...

Also alot of the regs I see playing $11-$109 freezouts dont have time for the $11 games because they are loaded up in all of the huge $26+ fields. Which in turn makes the $11 games easier than they were. I think that $26+ games are where the amount of regs vs the number of donkies max buying is skewed to where there are more bad players thinking they will take a shot at a $26 tourney with one entry, vs the regs feeling like they need to max reg.

As far as all the concern about double final tabling. Double ft'ing isnt going to happen that often. When it does it would suck, and you no doubt lose equity. I think the other side of it is that you have 4 entries into a good tourney, where normally it would be just one tourney, and then you gotta wait for the next good one to start... I love being able to load up a schedule in an hour, and having a few fill in games a couple hours later.

I was thinking the other day at what point are your odds of double final tabling great enough where you wouldnt want to max register. I think it is a number that is going to be different for everyone. I feel like i want at least 1k entries to consider max reg...

Im glad its not aregular ting where all of the guarantee tourneys are like this, and im reay for it to get back to normal, but I am hopeful that alot of guaranteed METs are added to the schedule...

I was skeptical at first and deffinately not feeling them , although my avg buyins have doubled and some day's tripled.......I love them. The volume im putting in on a daily basis is fantastic.....And the prizepool's are phenomenal.....Cant wait to play today...glgl all

Sunday is going to be a bloodbath for fish.

I also think Full Tilt is way to fucking gimmicky but ME's are nice. I wouldn't mind seeing them stay for good but have the number of daily ME's get reduced.

Oh and fuck that Kitchen Sink mtt on Tilt. I hate that thing.

I really don't like these multi entry tourneys at all. I think if they just had a select few it would be ok. But for all the guars to be multi entry makes it too many games at once to play. Then they have the ftops multi entry, who can afford all these buy ins? I am not going to play this Sunday, its just to expensive.