advertisement_alt
fingaz

Discussion Thread for Petition to Change Sunday Million Structure

Question

18 answers to this question

didnt they rotate this back in the day or sth? would prolly be cool if they went back to this and make it a 1k 2.5m w wcoop structure once a month.

Even though I like this idea, I don't think that would be good. The people buying in would be 90% regs and 10% sat entries. There will be little # of fish and this is THE big tournament with A LOT of fish....

I like it to replace the s500 or an extra addition...

For a long time I wanted the SM to change as well but the fact that the random $4 abi donk can win, is cool as well... It is a big part what keeps MTT poker alive and as profitable as it is. Every darvin moon can win the WSOP ME, whereas the structure is insane good... Luck is a huge factor and you need to get lucky to win tournaments.

So this structure is good for poker in general. Just give more and better structured tournaments

Stars mtts structures are shit imo. I'd love to see a structure like FTP where the blind levels start to last longer as the mtt goes on further. 15 levels are OK for sure, but for the love of god if your not gonna extend the length of the structures at least make it 20 min levels

and it's at 13 hours with the final table yet to be played... how long do you want it last?

Theres 60000 players in it- this shouldnt be a surprise I was honestly expecting it to take 18 hours or so, but stars doesnt know how to make longer lasting levels so it didnt....Obv shove fest for the win.

Was wondering earlier how many flips the FT players had to win....somewhere in the 40/50 range?

defintely needs some work for the premiere tourny of the week. Yes we do not want it to be ridiculously long in general but overall it feels like it plays more like a turbo. I went out with slightly under average stack in like 14000 with about 13 bbs left. I checked again later and with 600 people left or so the avarage stack was just over 10bbs. HOw can a major tourny like that have a avg stack at 10-15bbs even before the money has been reached. Im not saying making major changes but that is just silly for that to happen.

I believe that should be left, to keep the avarage joe playing but im also dissapointed with the sunday event structure. I think the SM should stay the way it is but change the structure of the Sunday Warm-up!!! It starts earlier 3 hours extra the earliest big major, make it a 20 min or even 30 min structure, that would be awesome Deep Warm-Up :) about this we should talk make it a 1M$ event with a buy in 320$ and deeper! What do you think?

I actually like the structure of the Mil. But what's kinda strange is that it looks like a deep stack tourney, but at the 2nd blind level players have only 100BB with their starting stack. Despite Im always doing well in them Id like the blinds to start at 10/20, 2nd blind level 15/30, and the rest as it is now 25/50; 50/100 etc. This maybe extends the tourney a bit but allows more plays at the beginning. Kinda strange to lose 10% of my stack in one ul hand in a 'deep stack' at the beginning. Dont know, this might be a better structure.

earlier antes. talk about awkward poker when its 200/400 no ante and the entire table has 7-12k. start the antes at 150/300, even if theyre small like 15. people always get aggro when there are antes, so this will lead to faster busting at the beginning and more deepstacked poker in the mid and later sections.

the late game structure needs work too obviously, add more levels like the ones seen in the $11 25k, 5 quad, etc

earlier antes. talk about awkward poker when its 200/400 no ante and the entire table has 7-12k. start the antes at 150/300, even if theyre small like 15. people always get aggro when there are antes, so this will lead to faster busting at the beginning and more deepstacked poker in the mid and later sections.

the late game structure needs work too obviously, add more levels like the ones seen in the $11 25k, 5 quad, etc

gotta start it at least an hr earlier tho or make it 2day

I say keep it. This mtt brings in a lot of new people each week, especially yesterday. IDK about you guys but I had at least one person at each of my milly tables that was playing their first mtt on stars. If a tourney can bring in this many people to deposit $215 then so be it. Changing the structure could have a reverse effect on this (fish are going to deposit regardless, I know, but not if the structure becomes impossible for them) and personally I'd rather have people keep depositing. Plenty of other tournies with better structures to play.

I would be in favor of changing the warm-up tho. Since its earlier in the day and not as big of a field.