advertisement_alt
astaggs

**Official UFC 128 Rua vs. Bones**

Sopcast:

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/24267

I also wanted to mention that while I have a huge man crush on Shogun I am for some reason not pumped at all for the card tonight. I mean it is an excellent card, a bunch of great fights, but I simply am not feeling all the hype on this one. I guess I just feel like everyone is acting like this is a huge fight, I know the feeling, but I am simply not feeling it on this one. Whatevs, I guess it is a personal problem.

Edited by PoWdA
i think bones's 84 inch reach will play a big factor in this fight. also shogun will get taking down unless he catches bones very early. i like both fighter, but i think bones will be too athletic tonight.

I think the reach is a bit overrated at this point in his career. He's never looked like a great striker and now he's going to fight the best striker in the division. Jones will be in trouble when the fight is standing, but shogun has very bad wrestling, so Jones should be able to take the fight to the ground at will. He will have to absorb some punishment going for those takedowns. On the ground is where the fight is most interesting. Shogun has always been excellent with getting sweeps, but that's going to be tough against Jones. In the past Jones has gotten sloppy on top and left himself open to armbars and triangles. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shogun submit him.

That got more rambly than I intended. I slightly favor Shogun, but really wouldn't be all that surprised if Jones comes out and ragdolls him around the cage. THere aren't many main events where you have that wide a range of outcomes and also 2 of the most entertaining fighters in the sport. This is going to be a huge PPV.

I think the reach is a bit overrated at this point in his career. He's never looked like a great striker and now he's going to fight the best striker in the division. Jones will be in trouble when the fight is standing, but shogun has very bad wrestling, so Jones should be able to take the fight to the ground at will. He will have to absorb some punishment going for those takedowns. On the ground is where the fight is most interesting. Shogun has always been excellent with getting sweeps, but that's going to be tough against Jones. In the past Jones has gotten sloppy on top and left himself open to armbars and triangles. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shogun submit him.

That got more rambly than I intended. I slightly favor Shogun, but really wouldn't be all that surprised if Jones comes out and ragdolls him around the cage. THere aren't many main events where you have that wide a range of outcomes and also 2 of the most entertaining fighters in the sport. This is going to be a huge PPV.

wow, u definitely haven't watched any of his fights. he is a dynamic stiker, but doesn't possess the power shogun has.

IT IS ON. FIGHTS ARE STARTING NOW. SOPCAST BROADCAST IS UP.

And it starts....

WAR SCHAUB!!!

edit: lol at Ice-T in the background during the cut man putting on the vaseline. I wonder if we get to see him all night.

Edited by PoWdA
sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/24267

"Can not access SopCast service..."

any other links?

Didn't work for me either, but if you go to the Live Channels tab and scroll all the way down to MMA TV, click on it, and then press the arrow button and I got it to work

I think it is close. I respect Herb Dean, not many refs have his experience, but that is sooo close.

he got warned in the first and when mirko asked him about it in the 2nd he said mirko turned his head. that last one was pretty blatant though.