advertisement_alt
aplanandadream

This post by gboro... would like it explained more..

In a thread in the HSMTT forum, gboro posted this

i'd raise the flop but can see flatting, waiting for a safe turn n staying so underrepped. turn has gotta be a raise imo. aside from going for value the spazzout factor is on like defcon 8. you vs agri, 2 hoodsters with your line being real tough to believe if you raise turn after flatting such a draw heavy flop. and agri never has big pairs flatting pre against a guy who plays the way you do pre. if he has qj or 33 and lead both streets with it god bless him.

overbet's scary but i think i wanna call the river as played

Maybe I am confused... but would love someone to explain this to me... Just trying to understand how one of the best MTT minds think and maybe im just lost on his lingo...

Hope this is the right place to post this...

spazzout factor, 2 hoodsters... wtf?

read this thread and understand everypost but my take is geebs has a different pov then others and really would like him or someone to break it down better...

spazzout factor=tendency for player to make a crazy or ridiculous play (big bluffs, etc).

hoodsters=hood flatters=players who will flat call reraises (pre or post) without the given implied odds (most likely to play a pot in position or to set up a move on a later street).

IMO, these are my interpretations.

spazzout factor=tendency for player to make a crazy or ridiculous play (big bluffs, etc).

hoodsters=hood flatters=players who will flat call reraises (pre or post) without the given implied odds (most likely to play a pot in position or to set up a move on a later street).

IMO, these are my interpretations.

Well played.

While I feel that your best of flop plays would be electing to raise your opponent's bet, I suppose I can see the merit in electing to call in its stead. By doing so, we can first glance upon a turn, which we hope to be a pleasant card for us. In addition, our hand, which is in fact quite strong, appears to our villain to be weak. Such deception!

However, while you may convince me, perchance, that your best flop play is the calling option, there is little doubt in the expanses of my mind that your optimal play once we've reached the turn is to raise! Not only does this reap the obvious benefit of maximizing the absolute value of our hand, there is quite a good chance Mr. Mitchell will take an overly-aggressive, less-than-optimal line henceforth. I must say, gentlemen, we are, after all, discussing the dynamics that exist between two individuals for whom public perception would label them quite aggressive indeed!

I am confident that the decisions you'd made on previous actions over the course of this hand will make it awfully unlikely that your opponent will be able to correctly determine your hole cards. Through his analysis of the hand, Mr. Mitchell will undoubtedly take note of the fact that we elected simply to call on a flop that all would agree is rather coordinated, and will view our raise on the latter street as simply unbelievable. Fortunately for our prospects of winning this hand, it is highly unlikely that Mr. Mitchell would choose to pass on his option to raise prior to the community cards being dealt, mostly because of your devil-may-care image in the community in regards to your pre-flop decision-making . If, by the grace of his Almighty, Mr. Mitchell happens to be holding a queen and a jack, or a three paired with another, yet still choose to bet out against his pre-flop aggressor, then he is truly a blessed creature.

I should also note, before parting, that while the large nature of our opponent's bet on the ultimate street is certainly reason for fear, we must be true to our courageous nature and call. The course of the hand to this point would provide no other option.

Edited by AJKHoosier1
While I feel that your best of flop plays would be electing to raise your opponent's bet, I suppose I can see the merit in electing to call in its stead. By doing so, we can first glance upon a turn, which we hope to be a pleasant card for us. In addition, our hand, which is in fact quite strong, appears to our villain to be weak. Such deception!

However, while you may convince me, perchance, that your best flop play is the calling option, there is little doubt in the expanses of my mind that your optimal play once we've reached the turn is to raise! Not only does this reap the obvious benefit of maximizing the absolute value of our hand, there is quite a good chance Mr. Mitchell will take an overly-aggressive, less-than-optimal line henceforth. I must say, gentlemen, we are, after all, discussing the dynamics that exist between two individuals for whom public perception would label them quite aggressive indeed!

I am confident that the decisions you'd made on previous actions over the course of this hand will make it awfully unlikely that your opponent will be able to correctly determine your hole cards. Through his analysis of the hand, Mr. Mitchell will undoubtedly take note of the fact that we elected simply to call on a flop that all would agree is rather coordinated, and will view our raise on the latter street as simply unbelievable. Fortunately for our prospects of winning this hand, it is highly unlikely that Mr. Mitchell would choose to pass on his option to raise prior to the community cards being dealt, mostly because of your devil-may-care image in the community in regards to your pre-flop decision-making . If, by the grace of his Almighty, Mr. Mitchell happens to be holding a queen and a jack, or a three paired with another, yet still choose to bet out against his pre-flop aggressor, then he is truly a blessed creature.

I should also note, before parting, that while the large nature of our opponent's bet on the ultimate street is certainly reason for fear, we must be true to our courageous nature and call. The course of the hand to this point would provide no other option.

wp sir. :).

tl:dr....lol

Perceptive brilliance delivered in reserved dickensian-like style with a lacing of understated humour. 5 stars in appreciation....

lol wp

I think AJK went to college.......and paid attention!! :}

lilholdem4444: bro you got a sec?

inissint2222: sure, sup

lilholdem4444: man, i been readin da forums tryna ship sum birdz and shit, and i saw a sweet post by geebs

inissint2222: nice, in hsmtt?

lilholdem4444: yeah, ima check that shit out least once a month and finna rape dem foolz

inissint2222: haha

lilholdem4444: but i was fuckin round mtt commun seein how many wheres lilholdem posts there are this week, and erryone was all fukked in head bout geebs post

inissint2222: weird, seemed pretty standard

lilholdem4444: rite...but so that dude ajkhoosier posted der...you see dat?

inissint2222: sigh

lilholdem4444: any clue wtf he yappin bout????????????

inissint2222 hath signed off

Looks like you got more out of your time in Bloomington than I have lol.

lilholdem4444: bro you got a sec?

inissint2222: sure, sup

lilholdem4444: man, i been readin da forums tryna ship sum birdz and shit, and i saw a sweet post by geebs

inissint2222: nice, in hsmtt?

lilholdem4444: yeah, ima check that shit out least once a month and finna rape dem foolz

inissint2222: haha

lilholdem4444: but i was fuckin round mtt commun seein how many wheres lilholdem posts there are this week, and erryone was all fukked in head bout geebs post

inissint2222: weird, seemed pretty standard

lilholdem4444: rite...but so that dude ajkhoosier posted der...you see dat?

inissint2222: sigh

lilholdem4444: any clue wtf he yappin bout????????????

inissint2222 hath signed off

Chad is da man

U r awesome guys !!!

OT you must be sooo lucky.. In your thread u get AJK as secretary, Inissint sharing his coffee break discuss with lilholdem, apestyles's love declaration, Gboro's thanking for AJK's job without talking to the_dean suspicion of AJK's id...