Joey Capp

1K MET being cancelled and forced to chop 3 handed

this is absolutely absurd. holdplz, the ute and markus ownH 3 handed in the 1K. holdplz does not want to make a deal and he is being forced to bc tilt is shutting down for 50 minutes and thats apparently the rule if everyone doesn't agree to resume after the scheduled maintenance. Markus refuses to finish out the 1K MET bc he's tired. This seems pretty real? WTF

They had a server reset at 6 am est when the 1k was 3 handed and forced them into a chip chop. Why are they hosting METs when they can't even keep servers up long enough to finish? Pretty ridiculous considering 225k for first.

Markus OwnH: so wthats now?

holdplz: The same thing we do every night Pinky.

FTPDoug (Director): Hi there. We will have to cancel the tournament in 3 minutes if it's not over by then. When that happens, it will payout according to rule #31 at http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tourRules.php

THE UTE: wow

holdplz: wat

THE UTE: told u

holdplz: doug

holdplz: Are you there

FTPDoug (Director): I am, yes.

holdplz: talk to me please ?

holdplz: canceled?

holdplz: what?

holdplz: how can you possibly do that

FTPDoug (Director): We have to come down for maintenance.

holdplz: ....

holdplz: we're playing for 225k

THE UTE: we aren't aloud to finish play?

holdplz: and you're going to make us stop

holdplz: ?

holdplz: this simply cannot be

THE UTE: is this convo done in a couple min plz

holdplz: plz pause the tournament

THE UTE: this is insane, what do u guys want to do?

holdplz: do something

holdplz: wtf

FTPDoug (Director): I can probably hold it for a couple of minutes if you'd like to work on a deal that isn't a chip chop, but that's probably the best I can do.

holdplz: this is outrageous

THE UTE: wow, seems insane

Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): doug

Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): how is remaining prizepool divvied up

Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): if tourney is cancelled

holdplz: This just cannot possibly be. You cannot run multi entry 1k's and have a server restart that stops play 3 handed

FTPDoug (Director): There's one other possibility I'm looking at.

FTPDoug (Director): If you'd like to come back in an hour, we can play it out.

Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): can you pause the tournament for 50 mins while maintenance is going on

Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): to finish up?

holdplz: FTP should give us like 5k each for this absurdity

holdplz: this is LUDA

FTPDoug (Director): Yeah, if all three of you want to do that we can do it.

holdplz: pause for 50 mins

THE UTE: pause it now.. so we can talk

FTPDoug (Director): It's paused at the end of the hand.

Dealer: holdplz wins the pot (46,000)

holdplz: ok

holdplz: so

THE UTE: alright so how is remaining prizepool divided up

holdplz: uhh

THE UTE: click deal button

FTPDoug (Director): It's a chip chop if it gets cancelled. Or we can pause it and the three of you can play it out in an hour.

holdplz: i think we're pausing and resuming later ?

Markus OwnH: no way sry guys

Markus OwnH: no way sry guys

THE UTE: id like to see what chop numbers are

Markus OwnH: was yesterday in berlin(EPT) and had only 3 hours of sleeping

holdplz: this is so ludicrous

holdplz: well markus

holdplz: it

holdplz: it's a MET 1k

holdplz: dont play it if you cant stay awake

holdplz: I have 0 desire to chop

holdplz: I should not be forced to.

THE UTE: lol, what are the chop numbers tho?

holdplz: Not enough

THE UTE: holdplz, &&%% is shutting down. u dont call the rules

holdplz: lol

holdplz: i cant just be forced into a chop

THE UTE: seems like it

THE UTE: lol

holdplz: lol

Markus OwnH: gg

THE UTE: we need to figure something out before its to late

holdplz: i refuse, FTP u cant just shut it down when we're playing for 100k

FTPDoug (Director): We do have to shut it down, I'm sorry about that.

Markus OwnH: i dont want to play along in 50 minutes

Markus OwnH: just deal according to tournament rules

holdplz: take a nap markus

holdplz: set an alarm

Markus OwnH: [12:04:37] flooo_o_o: doug just make the deal

THE UTE: ftp

holdplz: This can't be real

THE UTE: if this shuts down. is it resuming or chip chop?

Markus OwnH: game over^^

THE UTE: id like to know how much im getting if chip chop

holdplz: And the deal window wont come up so i cant even see numbers

holdplz: I refuse to accept ICM or chip chop or any numbers that that computer gives

THE UTE: im going to freak if this shuts down and have no idea whats up

FTPDoug (Director): All three have the deal checked?

THE UTE: yes we do

holdplz: no

holdplz: no

holdplz: the window wont even pop up

THE UTE: 3/3

holdplz: we all have it checked

holdplz: there is no window

FTPDoug (Director): I'm going to unpause to show the numbers if all three of you have the deal button checked.

THE UTE: yes correct

holdplz: 1000 million percent

holdplz: not taking ICM

FTPDoug (Director): So with a cancel it would be "Chip Ratio"

THE UTE: Holdplz, seems we all have to agree on something

holdplz: Why cant we just resume in 45 minutes ?

Markus OwnH: no resume, game over

THE UTE: bc for one, Markus does not want to

holdplz: ok markus then give me 4k

THE UTE: and therefor server will shut down and get chip ratio money

holdplz: or

holdplz: a tournament can finish how it's supposed to

FTPDoug (Director): Sorry, I'm going to have to give a last call here. Either agree on a deal here within 2 minutes or I need to cancel the tournament so the maintenance can start. Very sorry about this.

Markus OwnH: finish it now according to tournament rules

holdplz: Doug how can i possibly be forced into doing this

THE UTE: seems there is a deal forced in place if we dont agree

holdplz: How can you have a 6 am server restart with a MET 1k ? How can I not just force them to resume in 45 minutes ?

THE UTE: it is just stupid tho

holdplz: If ew have the ability to finish the tournament why don't we

FTPDoug (Director): We can discuss via email, but I do have to cancel the tournament now.

Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): so it's chip chop

Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): since tourney is cancelled

THE UTE: Chip ratio

Markus OwnH: ok gg

Fuck FTP and why did ftpdoug let them know only 3minutes before, deals take a little while to work out. Was ftp hoping someone would win before? FTP just a joke of a site they will probably give holdplz a $300 bonus that he has to clear for the inconvenience.

- on a side note congrats markus, ute, and holdplz.

Alright its seriously time to do something about FTP and all there bullshit honestly... how can they be so greedy when they know for a fact it wont be done in that time... Are sites not supposed to be player friendly now? They pay out their pro bounties with tournament rake we are still being raked in full for all of our entries in mtts and they cut the pro bounties in quarters? Just seems so ridiculous FTP is ruining online MTTs... All regs should seriously consider boycotting all METs this is just ludacris.

I got 12th in this event and I feel for Holdplz I would have been smashing stuff in rage.

ftp is a joke

Alright its seriously time to do something about FTP and all there bullshit honestly... how can they be so greedy when they know for a fact it wont be done in that time... Are sites not supposed to be player friendly now? They pay out their pro bounties with tournament rake we are still being raked in full for all of our entries in mtts and they cut the pro bounties in quarters? Just seems so ridiculous FTP is ruining online MTTs... All regs should seriously consider boycotting all METs this is just ludacris.

I got 12th in this event and I feel for Holdplz I would have been smashing stuff in rage.

ftp is a joke

this actually happened like a month or 2 back when sheets and bax were HU in the 1k monday and i was amazed a bigger deal wasnt made about it then. the rule is totally ass backwards and the tourney should have to resume unless a deal is reached not the other way around. once again wp ftp

IMO it was not that much of a big deal in the facts as the 2 pxf instructors worked together in poker business, it was more en ethic problem rather than money but now it happen when ppls have nothin to do with eo which is very bad for the game.

Boycott seems to be the only action that can put pressure on FTP but are most of the regs "able" to do this ?? I mean the overlay due to regs Boycott will bring other ppl to the HSMTTs attracted by the overlay value and the lack of reg value..

Idk if this can make a real effect.

Sooo basically they said, The cant force markus to keep playing 50mins later? but they can force holdplz for a deal? should it not be the other way around? its markus's fault for being tired?

and why do u ppl still pay rake for FTP? i've been on this forum for a year and yet to see one good feedback about that site besides they fact the avatars are cool lol.

Everything FTP does is all about the rake.... METs, rush, rush/METs, and doing the server maintenance Tuesday mornings when they have the least amount of players online even if a major final table is underway. They don't give a damn about the players... they make that clear.

I wonder if FTP would have put off the maintenance if Allen Cunningham was in the final 3 instead of going out in 35th?

Last thing, the "rule" that they have in place is a built in angle shoot for the short stack if it calls for an even chop if no deal is reached. And I have no idea what the chip stacks were, but based on the conversation it looked like Anthony had the chip lead and got screwed.

ftp is a joke

pretty much this.... wtf ftp? the bounty thing is absurd and their complete disregard of players interests is astounding. wish regs could organize something like just playing 1 entry in METs until full tilt gets their priorities in order, but obviously doesnt seem realistic. for people that favor METs (which is pretty much people on heaters), regardless of the EV argument at least you can be outraged by what happened here and the new bounty policy.

CStep the move by marcus was the right move... chip chops ALWAYS favor the short stacks cant say I blame him its full tilt that is at fault here the site is a complete joke.

I agree that 100 percent of the blame is on FTP and aware that chip chop favors the short stack. But if you are gonna play the 1k MET w/ over 200k on the line having the excuse that you are tired is pretty ridiculous. Also pretty ridiculous that the decision not to resume could have been solely placed on the one picking up a lot of value as the short stack (assuming theute did not want a chop as well)

This is fucking insane FTP! FUCK YOU AND YOUR METs!

This is ridic. FTP stole money from holdplz.

or gave him thousands more if he busted 3rd.

But yeah this definitely sucks for ute and hold given markus' stats, but who knows what could have happened. Either way congrats on 6figs all 3!

Edited by clantaztic

Everything that they are doing is solely focused on short term profits. They know when we finally get regulation that a lot of new sites will enter the market and FTP will lose a ton of its market share. Right now there are massive barriers to enter into the online poker world because of the UIEGA, which leads to there only being 2 reasonable choices to play online poker.

Once we get regulation, Party Poker will come back, WSOP.com will probably open a big site, maybe there will be a Bellagio.com or something like that. Each individual state might try to launch their own site. Who knows they might even bring back that 18 month blackout period that they were talking about. Basically the future is very uncertain and all FTP knows is that they have a chance to rake in a boat load of money right now and that is what they are doing. A boycott won't work, I don't think there is anything that we can do about it. I will try my best to avoid the MET's, but some of them are still so juicy, especially on Sunday's, so I can't say that I'm going to stop playing them completely.