advertisement_alt
tmobiledave

Full Tilt and Pokerstars Domains Seized

what i dont get: why didnt they just have their main banking services set-up outside the US jurisdiction and have every user deal with them. poker to my knowledge is still not illegal, online or not. transfering funds to and from pokersites is within the US (as stupid as it is). To setup a money-laundering scheme like that when you HAVE TO KNOW that this will blow up one day seems simply moronic.

I agree with this, profits were great for them while it lasted.

A local STL media guy has asked me to share my poker story in light of all this. I have a pretty good idea on how I'm going to approach this but I'd appreciate some advice on how to approach the political side of it all so as to make it persuasive as possible.

Edited by wackyJaxon

Im not even sure why players non-American would even play on Full Tilt unless they can still cashout? Why would you waste your time grinding or perhaps losing, until anyone has made one successful withdrawl from FTP in the last 24 hours? I think most people can use vpn to get around this if you really want to log into your account that bad but it is costly I believe.

A local STL media guy has asked me to share my poker story in light of all this. I have a pretty good idea on how I'm going to approach this but I'd appreciate some advice on how to approach the political side of it all so as to make it persuasive as possible.

Yeah I am from St. Louis. Hmmm. How come they did not ask me? Let me know when it is on, I would like to watch. Let them know that the Supreme Court has already said poker is a skill game per the Baldwin case. Let them know the government is taking our right to play poker away. Every other country can play. Land of the Free. I think not. If I don't have the skill and lose my money, that is my choice. We have been wanting to get legalized for some time but the government will not do it. They just want to take our rights away. Go ahead and regulate. They should allow us to compete against other countries. We are better.

Im not even sure why players non-American would even play on Full Tilt unless they can still cashout? Why would you waste your time grinding or perhaps losing, until anyone has made one successful withdrawl from FTP in the last 24 hours? I think most people can use vpn to get around this if you really want to log into your account that bad but it is costly I believe.

1) Cash games are still juicy, won money there this morning.

2) Tourney players will have an easier field.

3) Many players have had iron man for over 3 years, giving away their status for nothing doesn't appeal.

4) People have had their neteller cashouts approved from what I heard. I tried a small bank withdrawal today, should know in a couple of days that it worked.

5) Profit

I fear that USA is outlawing pstars and full tilt and introducing a harrah's owned site for USA players (and non usa players) to come play at...

I am not positive but this is what it seems to me. I never thought they would be able to take the 2 big giants down and they did. So I just think the reasoning is to capture the USA side of the profits from pstars and fulltilt

again this is just what I think. I dont know this for sure.

it doesnt sound good though.

To appeal I would bring up how a new harrah's site isnt 100% going to work and could leave alot of USA poker players out of a job and income if such a plan fails.

but knowing the USA government they only care about the funds not the lives of the poker players involved...

good luck winwin

I would assume some people will be trying to become citizens of Canada to resume playing the big games. I also heard that USA market is roughly a third of pstars and fulltilt...

so long story short it will be different from this day forward on all sites

but yea I just fear it has already started...

Edited by Lengthwise905
They've still got overseas players to make money off of. If they just decided to not give any money back to USA players, they would lose all the trust w/ overseas players, and would lose all of the non-USA business as well. They still can make more money off the non-USA players by running a trustworthy poker client then they would make from stealing the money in the USA players accounts. And also if they were ever allowed back in the USA market, they would want to have some goodwill with any potential USA players. Not that it's a guarentee that every USA player will see their money return to them, but it certainly is not 'zero possibility'....luckily I had very little in my poker account, for once it pays to not be very good :P

this

dude, the gov't just highjacked your livelihood.... what more do you need to say?

if anybody has anything to counter you, just point them to the constitution

1) Cash games are still juicy, won money there this morning.

2) Tourney players will have an easier field.

3) Many players have had iron man for over 3 years, giving away their status for nothing doesn't appeal.

4) People have had their neteller cashouts approved from what I heard. I tried a small bank withdrawal today, should know in a couple of days that it worked.

5) Profit

cant imagine how much easier the games are with out usa plyaers.

let the spaniards flock lol

Well guys, just tried to log onto fulltilt for 1st time since all this happened....cashier has nothin in it!

Only games available are play money games and only balance i can see is play money balance....I m living in Ireland, should I kiss b roll goodbye?

If u log in to the . Net or . Org version u will only have access to play money.. http://www.fulltiltpoker.co.uk and ur money will be there.

By the way for those saying you are listed as US account but are playing from elsewhere, it is a toss up. Supposedly they are stopping people who are connecting to PS and FT from US IPs. It is very similar that when i try to go watch a vid clip from CBS I can't do it cause my IP address is from Canada and they only allow US Ips to see it.

To confirm this,UK registered account on stars will not allow real money play in the states - its the IP Address and not the actual origin of the account that determins the level of play. Gonna go crush the micro play money then buy some golf balls!

Well guys, just tried to log onto fulltilt for 1st time since all this happened....cashier has nothin in it!

Only games available are play money games and only balance i can see is play money balance....I m living in Ireland, should I kiss b roll goodbye?

Your prob DL the .net software.

FTP works awesome for us euros.

a bunch of people from the US at my FTP tables

I never logged out and haven't done the update and I just checked and I can still play. Not sure its a good idea though.

I wonder if that's just people logged in. I wonder how many are actually playing. I mean we can still log in. I wonder if that counts towards the count..

Im fairly certain that people logged in count.