advertisement_alt
trist23

Questions for Canadian players in light of recent developments?

In light of the recent decision by the US gov't, I'm curious to hear what the Canadian grinders are planning to do with their funds on FTP/Stars?...with many of the guarantees slashed significantly, are you still planning on playing the same type of schedule (obv softer/smaller fields but less money to be won in a given tourney)?....if you are planning to cash money out, are all the methods still available to Canadian players? (for example, I use instadebit, but if i wanted to get a cheque from stars, would i have to be in fear of it bouncing, etc.?)....are any of you fearful that its only a matter of time before the Canadian gov't hops on the US bandwagon and implements a similar ban for players from Canada?

I was wondering this as well, I dont think it well reach the Canadian political scene given the election. I am not a tourny grinder but I think right now is a +EV spot for cash grinders. I think the US situation will put the rest of the players in a limbo spot with cash outs. Im not sure it is a great idea to try and get your $ off right now given the 3rd party implications.

I just cashed out and had no problem, Literally right before the shitstorm. Up here it has nothing to with elections, we don't get taxed on any winning of any kind so government doesn't care about us winning money.

There have been cases up here trying to prove that some are professionals and should be taxed but the case go nowhere.

US players only make up 30% of the traffic so guarantees might be lower but they will still be fine.

As of right now 180k players at PS and the Sunday mil is back to ONLY a million.

I use moneybookers and I cashed out from Full Tilt at about 8pm last night and got declined this morning. I was told, "MoneyBookers is temporarily unavailable as a withdrawal method." I'm considering webmoney or check. Do any fellow Canadians have any recommendations for me?

Edited by revieceD

can't you just get stars to fedex u a check? ...maybe that's only if its above a certain amount ...for smaller amounts i usually just echecks or insta-debit ...but i haven't tried recently

my question is ...does this mean FTOPS is cancelled? ..i'm sure this has been covered already, but there's so many pages of posts to scroll thru, I was looking forward to it all last week, is full tilt disabled for everyone? it won't let me load an update

can't you just get stars to fedex u a check? ...maybe that's only if its above a certain amount ...for smaller amounts i usually just echecks or insta-debit ...but i haven't tried recently

my question is ...does this mean FTOPS is cancelled? ..i'm sure this has been covered already, but there's so many pages of posts to scroll thru, I was looking forward to it all last week, is full tilt disabled for everyone? it won't let me load an update

Ya instadebit only allows for a max of 2500 at a time (i believe every 72 hrs or something like that)....as for FTOPS, i think its still going on, but the guarantees are gonna be decimated significantly....just looked in the ftp lobby and event #1 ($215 nlhe me) had a 3 mil guarantee and its now down to 1 mil....kinda gay that this all goes down right before ftops and scoop are about to begin....wonder what sundays are going to be like without any us players

We will feel the affects of this whole shit storm in Canada soon enough. Cashing out on Stars shouldnt be a problem, like Archem said they can just Fed-Ex you a cheque, this is how I cashout. Full Tilt is so shady that I will never play there again! I've been waiting almost 3 months for money from those thieves! STOP PLAYING FTP they will FUCK YOU OVER unless your last name is Dwan.