advertisement_alt
Bjizzle44

Big name online poker players..........where are they?

Hey guys, just curious. Where are all the big name online players now? I know some have went to the live scene but I'm sure some still play online to past the time away and earn some ezy money. Are anny playn on other sites with different screen names?. I assume they would all come with different screen names as it offers an advantage to be an unknown. Just curiuos because a big part of my improvement process was swweating the better players. Would like some feedback if anyone have any answers.

bjizz

Just curiuos because a big part of my improvement process was swweating the better players.

FWIW, that's not a very good way to improve. You'd be much better off spending time on a training site, reading books, reviewing your HHs, etc. When you watch someone else play, you have no clue what their hole cards are and you can't glean too much helpful information. In addition, these guys are experts at controlling showdowns, so you generally only see the hands that they want to have shown.

On topic: rail the Euros if you really want to rail someone.

Edited by tyson219
Im playing on ftp today still waiting to be reinstated on stars. I live in panama now in order to play online.

Did you know someone there or did you and some other players get together and move there? Also, why did you choose Panama over any of the other options?

Did you know someone there or did you and some other players get together and move there? Also, why did you choose Panama over any of the other options?

I did a lot of research as to what city/country would be the best for a high stakes poker player. Canada was an option but it's just too cold there. Europe was just too far and also seemed stricter in terms of residency/visas. So that leaves central and south america. Having looked at places like costa rica, caribbean, etc.. panama city appeared to be the most "first world" of all the other places. Crime was lower, infrastructure was great, and panama city is beautiful imo. Quite happy I chose here thus far, I still agree it has to be best but obv it's all about personal preference so to each his own.

I did a lot of research as to what city/country would be the best for a high stakes poker player. Canada was an option but it's just too cold there. Europe was just too far and also seemed stricter in terms of residency/visas. So that leaves central and south america. Having looked at places like costa rica, caribbean, etc.. panama city appeared to be the most "first world" of all the other places. Crime was lower, infrastructure was great, and panama city is beautiful imo. Quite happy I chose here thus far, I still agree it has to be best but obv it's all about personal preference so to each his own.

Not sure where is US you were. But NY-Panama isnt a ton shorter than NY-UK, its like 4k vs 5k miles

and Canada isnt very cold unless you move way up north, or are you are one of those people who thinks the temperature drops 20 degrees when you step over that line from Detroit to Windsor or Seattle to Vancouver or Buffalo to Niagra. 90% of Canada lives within 40 miles of the US border

Edited by TMLMS13
the temperature drops 20 degrees when you step over that line

I live in Alabama and we have to turn the heat on to watch a hockey game on TV. They close schools during Winter X Games and most people here are in favor of Global Warming and/or Al Gore... =)

should have just watched season 2 of Prison Break

Not sure where is US you were. But NY-Panama isnt a ton shorter than NY-UK, its like 4k vs 5k miles

and Canada isnt very cold unless you move way up north, or are you are one of those people who thinks the temperature drops 20 degrees when you step over that line from Detroit to Windsor or Seattle to Vancouver or Buffalo to Niagra. 90% of Canada lives within 40 miles of the US border

I'm from NY but it's not like I need to fly to NY much now that I live down here. I can reach the US in under 3 hours. I didn't want to live in the UK because the weather sucks. Does it snow a lot in canada in the winter? Yes, thus it is considered one of the colder climates available to earth. I am from syracuse, ny where it snows a shit ton all winter and I hate it. Canada is pretty similar for most parts of it. However, it stays between 90-95 all year in panama, and 70-75 at night. As I said it's all about personal preference, I was simply explaining why I chose to move here.

Also confirmed that weather in upstate NY (and likely Canada) is dreadful. Originally being from even further north in NY than Frank and going to school in Rochester, I can see no reason to move to an even worse climate. Panama City sounds so much better.