advertisement_alt
joeyrulesall

FTP Doug

So ya the point is there doesn't even have to be a Doug. It's probally Howard lederer in his mansion sitting on piles of our money. Oh and by the way, cool story bro is kind of played out and unoriginal. Maybe come up with your own phrases??

Edited by joeyrulesall
Has anyone considered the possibility that FTP Doug doesn't even exist and it's probably the team tilt pros and lawyers communicating without having to make official statements. I mean really this huge company making statements through some faceless nobody? Come on.

So ya the point is there doesn't even have to be a Doug. It's probally Howard lederer in his mansion sitting on piles of our money. Oh and by the way, cool story bro is kind of played out and unoriginal. Maybe come up with your own phrases??

no need to be original when the thread itself is unoriginal and worthless.

Howard Lederer is spending his time posting on forums as FTPDoug instead of FTP actually hiring a lower level representative to have an online presence? Is that your theory?

Or is your theory that FTP's lawyers post on the forums instead, as stated in your OP? I mean obviously any public representative is going to have to have his information vetted through their legal department before posting it, especially when the company's founders are under indictment. Would it make you feel better if they had a new rep and named him FTPLegalStatement?

Or, as you further implied, would you prefer that they don't use the forums at all as part of their communication plan, since by nature a forum presence will generally be "faceless"?

Cool story bro

So you think they took some guy that picks up coffee and said hey Doug you're gonna be the voice of the company now. Just don't say anything stupid. Get real. That makes about as much sense as someone repeating cool story bro because they have nothing to add.

This way if anything they say backfires they can deny he was even speaking for the company. Just my opinion b

I'm not sure if you think FTPDoug is new just for Black Friday or something, or if you're unaware of fact that FTP, Stars, AP/UB, and others have had representatives posting on the forums for years. No, they don't grab the coffee boy to do it.

do you seriously think any of your theories are plausible?

How does the fact that they have a different representative than they used to even come close to validating any of these statements?

" it's probably the team tilt pros and lawyers"

" It's probally Howard lederer"

" if anything they say backfires they can deny he was even speaking for the company"

The lederer Thing obviously a joke. Everything else very possible and it's completely likely it's a legal team working on any official message. And if they do get caught In a lie it's now very easy to deny what thus supposed random person said on their behalf. Again I never said it's all fact but it's very possible. If I said 2 months ago the doj could be planning to shut down online poker you would post the same cool story bro stuff and say no way theys cants dos thats its conspiracys yo. Cool story bro. High five cat on another post.

Everything else very possible

Not really. It's not the team tilt pros. It's some office guy with the password posting what management/lawyers want/approve to be posted.

And it's completely likely it's a legal team working on any official message.

Yes, agreed, legal team is definitely working on any announcements.

And if they do get caught In a lie it's now very easy to deny what thus supposed random person said on their behalf. Again I never said it's all fact but it's very possible.

No, they post the same information on their website, which they have full control over. So that actually seems very unlikely.

If I said 2 months ago the doj could be planning to shut down online poker you would post the same cool story bro stuff and say no way theys cants dos thats its conspiracys yo.

cool story bro

How Lederer and crew weren't indicted? What a joke. Jesus wrote the dam software for FTP

LOL you really think this is true? They're hired "pro's" to be the face of the company and not much more. You probably Derek Jeter and Mike Rowe own Ford too, right?

I think his PhD in computer science is probably sufficient for this.

this isn't necessarily true. Chris may not know how to code in the various coding languages well enough to create the software. I'm sure he has a good idea of what he's doing, but, Computer Science has evolved greatly from the times of when Jesus would've been in school and nowadays. It's not like he can just open up VB and start coding this like it was 1995.

Ummm they didn't hire those pros they own most of the company. It's common knowledge.

yeah, pretty sure Svetlana, Michael Craig, and Bruce buffer are the actual majority owners of FTP.

Btw, they all report to the boss of bosses, Soi Nguyen.

We're speaking across purposes here. I agree he didn't sit there and program it himself. But my understanding is that he was the one set up the team to develop the software. That's close enough in my book to say he did it.

As a software developer, reading that makes me cringe, if that's what the general publics understanding of software engineering is.

As a software developer, reading that makes me cringe, if that's what the general publics understanding of software engineering is.

Why does that make you cringe? Tyson basically said that Jesus was the manager of the people who wrote the code. Somebody has to figure out who to hire, figure out how to pay them, make sure that everyone is doing their job and then figure out a licensing deal with Full Tilt. I'm sure that person needs to have some type of understanding of programming, but doesn't need to have the skills to do the actual programming himself. In any business the manager gets most of the credit and money from the venture if it succeeds, whether or not he has the skills to do the actual work.

Edited by CalBandGreat