breathe-ez

Tiger to fall out of the top 10 rankings, will he ever be #1 again?

Calm down bro, I know the Mavs lost but just slow ur roll & don't make Norman comparisons to Tiger. I am not believing some of the responses ITT

I didn't compare Norman to Tiger, I said he was from 40-42 when he was #1, and Tiger is 35 now. If you look at the Mavs thread, you could tell I'm not upset, that's standard NBA playoffs expectation.

You aren't? Pffff. Just because the guy is a scratch golfer doesn't mean he knows anything more about Tiger, Jesus Christ. My Dad knows Fred Couples and Nick Price personally, and was really good friends with Squeaky...does my opinion mean more now?

LOL @ ZEE being scratch.

@res, I meant more the fields that Norman had to beat vs the fields now, not player to player & OKC deserved the win

Edited by Poker&Golf
You aren't? Pffff. Just because the guy is a scratch golfer doesn't mean he knows anything more about Tiger, Jesus Christ. My Dad knows Fred Couples and Nick Price personally, and was really good friends with Squeaky...does my opinion mean more now?

Did any of them lead a Tight Lies event? If not, then I don't curr 'bout ya.

LOL at best in the world. The ONLY way he will is if he pays Butch about 10 mil to take him back. I love how Tiger has said Butch fucked his knee up and then goes to Butch 1.0 and gets his knee fucked again. O wait he blamed another injury. Sure thats Butch's fault too. IF Tiger changes swing coaches, he can succeed again. Not break Jacks record but maybe win one. If he stays with dumbass Foley, he is done.

LOL at best in the world. The ONLY way he will is if he pays Butch about 10 mil to take him back. I love how Tiger has said Butch fucked his knee up and then goes to Butch 1.0 and gets his knee fucked again. O wait he blamed another injury. Sure thats Butch's fault too. IF Tiger changes swing coaches, he can succeed again. Not break Jacks record but maybe win one. If he stays with dumbass Foley, he is done.

Are you mad Tiger didn't hire you as his coach or something? How do you honestly think you know more about what's better for Tiger's game than Tiger? I would imagine he's made at least...four Tight Lies cuts.

Edited by BubbaKGB
he almost won the Masters dude. Whatever you and others are talking about with "when did he put 4 rounds together", who gives a fuck? His game is not together and he's not emotionally together. But this is the guy who was on Johnny Carson at age 2 with his golf ability... the guy who made us think that JACK FUCKING NICKLAUS was not the greatest ever. He is down and he STILL ALMOST WON THE FUCKING MASTERS THIS YEAR!!!!

LMAO at writing Tiger off from being number one again. I never laugh at Zags but LOL at < 5%. Greg Norman was #1 at age 40. and 41. and 42. Tiger is 35. Oh but his body is wrecked from his swing. L. M. F. A. O.

Give him time... the majority of the world is writing him off and it is TRENDY to do so. Tiger Woods will be back and you will all be stuttering to explain what you're saying now.

Seriously? He's not a spring chicken at 35. Dude has been destroying his knees for years with his violent torque in his swing. At some point the body just can't take it anymore. Who knows if he's been messing with PED's either. Inside sources say he has but I'm not gonna jump to conclusions about it.

Obv he has immense talent and ability which is why I still think there is a small chance he can be #1 again, but the game is so global, there are SOOOOO many more guys that are talented enough to win majors. I'm not gonna annoint McIllroy or Manassero 8 majors each like everyone else wants to. (Same guys were awarding Adam Scott and Sergio min 5 majors in early 2000s). But there's gonna be a lot more guys who are going to sneak 1-3 majors in that weren't there when Tiger was raping the competition.

Whatever tho, I have to wake up in 6 hrs. PM me if you want to debate this on aim or something.

Seriously? He's not a spring chicken at 35. Dude has been destroying his knees for years with his violent torque in his swing. At some point the body just can't take it anymore. Who knows if he's been messing with PED's either. Inside sources say he has but I'm not gonna jump to conclusions about it.

Obv he has immense talent and ability which is why I still think there is a small chance he can be #1 again, but the game is so global, there are SOOOOO many more guys that are talented enough to win majors. I'm not gonna annoint McIllroy or Manassero 8 majors each like everyone else wants to. (Same guys were awarding Adam Scott and Sergio min 5 majors in early 2000s). But there's gonna be a lot more guys who are going to sneak 1-3 majors in that weren't there when Tiger was raping the competition.

Whatever tho, I have to wake up in 6 hrs. PM me if you want to debate this on aim or something.

dont' really want to debate you, I am fully aware of the torque in his swing and its impact, but how do you explain what he was doing in the Masters a month ago after doing nothing at all anywhere close to that in competition? I mean, if he has been PED influenced and HEALED, then that's clearly a legitimate argument.... but short of that, I'm not buying it.

No reason to debate... we'll see the results in the next couple of years. If he steadily deteriorates, I will acknowledge I'm wrong.

Edited by resilient
According to some, there's nothing to explain...he didn't even compete, so what's the big deal??

yeah exactly... I mean if he hasn't put 4 rounds together recently, I guess we should forget that he was the favorite to win the Masters (for his 15th major) at 2:35 PM on Sunday last month...

yeah exactly... I mean if he hasn't put 4 rounds together recently, I guess we should forget that he was the favorite to win the Masters (for his 15th major) at 2:35 PM on Sunday last month...

lol and the year before he hadn't swung a club in competition in like 8 months...waltzed out to Augusta National, and did the same thing.

Vijay has about 25 wins past the age of forty.

Tiger is not Vijay.

I remember a few years ago when they announced merion was getting the US Open. its only two trolleys from my house. I was excited. Part of that excitement was that Tiger was projected to win his 19th major around then at his current pace. he has 12 then 4 years ago he has 14 now......so he needs to win 5 of the next 8 to win and break record at merion.....sigh......oh well

I agree with you zags that he will never be as dominate as he was but to say hes not gonna win 4 more majors to at least tie Jack in the next 15-20 years is flat out not giving him enough repect imo. Legendary athletes always come back atleast once and do it again after everybody has given up on them, and I personally think this wouldn't even be it, it will be when he's like 53. Everyone talking about his swing is right but Tiger is a good enough golfer that he will be able to adjust, even if it takes 2 years I think he could get it to where he needs it to be to compete.

Edited by Omoneyman0

I don't even know where to begin.

I agree 100% with sheep, res and jroth.

I love seeing people say he has no chance to get the Jack's record, let alone winning ONE more major. He needs to take some time to get healthy and he needs reps, a lot of them. One of the big reasons for Tiger's greatness is his work ethic. He would practice practice practice and train harder than anyone. With his personal life issues and nagging injuries, he hasn't been able to get those reps in.

and lol @ saying Tiger has more to prove with his new swing coach than the these younger players. seriously? can only hope that was a level

zeedustin gonna zeedustin

Edited by tmac456

It is 100% that Tiger will be #1 in the world again. If he wins a major and 2 other tournaments this year he will probably be #1 THIS year. Not saying that will happen but it would be tough to bet against the man.

Also, I will lay even money that the major record is Tiger's before his 41st birthday, unless he decides to retire early. Thats 23 majors to get 5 W's. He is averaging just over 1 major per year as a pro so this is completely doable.

Everyone knows that his brain is fucked up like a soup sandwich. He was also the best mind in the history of golf for a long time. He will eventually see a sports psychologist and get the head right and when that happens, look the F out. Hes still the best golfer in the world...who cares what the rankings say. There isnt ANYONE who is even close to having accomplished what he has done in golf today. FFS, he has won over a quarter of the tournaments hes entered!!! That has to be worth something when he eventually breaks the drought. He will be the favorite in EVERY tournament he enters for at least 10 more years.

fuck the young guns noise, heard the same shit 7 years ago. OMG Sergio Garcia Adam Scott Charles Howell Sean O'Hair Lucas Glover. Tigers gonna rip off another big run whether its in a year or if its in 5. Guarantee he wins a major over the age of 50. book it

LOL you are a silly goose. Ya Tiger's gonna start his run 5 years from now that's the funniest shit I've heard in a while. Tiger will be lucky if he can friggin walk in 5 years at the rate he's breaking down. I will be pretty surprised if he ever wins a major in his 40s let alone his 50s.

Look at his driving distance over the years and how quickly he is declining. His new swing sucks balls compared to his original swing back in 95.

This is his 3rd swing change and a lot of golfers feel that he needs to already make another one because he's still putting too much torque on his front leg.

I think due to the nature of the sportsman, this isn't really up for debate or speculation, and it just has to remain to be seen what will unfold.

Tiger Woods is a freak of his sport, a prodigy whose talent and skill have transcended the game as we new it; blasting through records and barriers that people thought unimaginable... because of that, nothing can be judged until all is said and done.

It seems to be the vast minority in this thread but I seriously can't stress this mans capabilities... do not under estimate tiger woods.

hes TIGER FUCKING WOODS.

If Fred Couples with all of his back problems can still be in the hunt for major wins every now and again I see no reason why Tiger can't still be in the hunt for majors for many, many years to come.

I don't know if he'll ever be #1 again but I think he'll probably catch Jack.

Tiger has more to prove right now than any young player FWIW. He has to prove he still has it. He has to prove he did the right thing going with Foley....which he is an idiot doing.... He has to prove he can get his short game in tact by himself. Tiger may win 3-4 tourneys by the time he is done....but none will be majors.

Is this a level?

His natural ability and talent alone will win him at least one. When? probably not for some time, but to say he will never win another one is just spewing non sense, he is the greatest golfer to ever walk the planet for a reason.

Edited by Bigk975j
If Fred Couples with all of his back problems can still be in the hunt for major wins every now and again I see no reason why Tiger can't still be in the hunt for majors for many, many years to come.

I don't know if he'll ever be #1 again but I think he'll probably catch Jack.

Fred Couples has the sweetest swing in golf tho. He doesn't swing anything like Tiger and he never had to ever change his swing. Freddy can still bomb it his swing is so effortless looking.

I think Tiger will eek out a couple more majors but that's it. A lot of you that seem to think Tiger will just bounce back and regain his old form aren't taking into account the biomechanics of his swing.

if physically healthy, he will return to number 1. He's still in emotional recovery, and how quickly people forget the run he made at the Masters last month. The trendy thing is to predict that Tiger will never recover - but I believe he will.

No way.

Will he win another tourney? maybe. Will he ever be #1? not even close.

Edited by JayAces
Interesting responses in this thread, I'm not near as good as Smokin Zags but I played a lot of competitive jr. golf and still dabble in at least trying to qualify for state am ect. and I personally would say Im 95% positive he will return to #1 and will break the major record.

40 is not like it used to be for golf, guys compete well into their late 40s now and even early 50s and Tiger keeps himself in excellent physical shape. The biggest concern is the knee but even if he loses 4 years to it between now and 55 (which is how long I think Tiger could possibly compete on the PGA tour if he wanted) that still gives him 15 more Masters and 48 random majors to win just 4, I think if he plays 15 more masters he is a lock to win at least 2, he owns that course and as Fred Couples has shown last couple years people over 50 can still compete there.

So this.