advertisement_alt
Ugottook420

More sites charged and siezed

William Winter, Special Agent in Charge of ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) in Baltimore. “The proceeds from illegal Internet gambling are often used to fuel organized crime and support criminal activity. ICE HSI will work diligently to uncover illicit transactions involving these types of financial crimes. Together, with our law enforcement partners, we will disrupt and dismantle organizations that commit these crimes, regardless of their location, whether here in the United States or abroad."

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/05/u-s-attorney-of-maryland-seize-ten-domain-names-including-do-10461.htm

The mafia needs to make sure there's no competition left, before giving legislators the order to pass a new law to regulate their new sites.

( ) We live in a democracy

( ) The DoJ, FBI and judges are guided by people's best interest

( ) Nobody has been paid millions for all this shit to happen

( ) Land of freedom...

AND another one bites the dust, can Merge hold out and reap all the new players, NO, they are closing their site to US players May 25th. Time to go live and look forward to the 2012 WSOP, here's to Harrahspoker.com, and MGMpoker.com. I will miss you Rush poker!!!!

^^^ is thanking his instincts to not deposit on another site. GL those of you still playing on Merge/Bodog/whatev, and may you pull your funds out today.

I mean these indictments were from end of April barely released today..How is Bodog or Merge safe?..When Doyle Brunson leaves Doyle's Room a week before this happened? I dont know man I am happy I didnt deposit on Bodog or Merge Network Post April 15th..

http://www.parttimepoker.com/bookmaker-com-and-nine-other-websites-indicted

The DOJ slowrolled $33 million in cashouts I wonder where that money goes?...China and Cuba are both communist countries but yet they have more freedom than USA..

Edited by flipxpelon562
The mafia needs to make sure there's no competition left, before giving legislators the order to pass a new law to regulate their new sites.

( ) Land of freedom...

(X) None of the above!

Link to merge shutdown? Hero posted in these forums that the won't accept NEW US accounts after 5/25, but exsiting US accounts are business as usual. Had not heard anything about the other Merge sites except the ones previously announced (Players Only, etc.).

Link to merge shutdown? Hero posted in these forums that the won't accept NEW US accounts after 5/25, but exsiting US accounts are business as usual. Had not heard anything about the other Merge sites except the ones previously announced (Players Only, etc.).

1 of the websites that got seized today is from the merge network..

More indictments broke out today out of Maryland. 11 bank accounts and 10 domains have been seized. The Maryland Homeland SEcurity group set up an undercover payment processing company. Most of the domains were on the Yatahay Network. Beted is on the Merge Network.

http://www.parttimepoker.com/bookmaker-com-and-nine-other-websites-indicted

Edited by flipxpelon562

Bodog switched out to Bodog.eu for me as well... Wonder what'll happen with Cake, I think I still have like $300 on there but they'll only allow $500 minimum cashouts.. lol Guess play big and cash out or go bust... SMH

I'd bet these seizures are directly related to the recent UseMyWallet issues people have been experiencing.

Since it was the Maryland DA who came down on these sites I also wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with the fact Washington DC now has a regulated online gaming apparatus. They were just eliminating the competition imo.

Bodog switched out to Bodog.eu for me as well... Wonder what'll happen with Cake, I think I still have like $300 on there but they'll only allow $500 minimum cashouts.. lol Guess play big and cash out or go bust... SMH

Just checked and Cake changed their minimum cashout to $50... saaaweet!

( ) Land of freedom...

yes. this.