advertisement_alt

888 Poker Official Support Thread - $88 at 888, No Deposit Required

ImLikeWhoaa    0

"2) Regarding Denmark - we are adjusting to the new market conditions and are allowing cashouts for all Denmark players, regardless of possibility of gameplay."

thats just great even though the sentence answers nothing..

when will you be offering games to danes again is the question...all other sites made the nescessary changes in a matter of 14 days..

Dan    0

"2) Regarding Denmark - we are adjusting to the new market conditions and are allowing cashouts for all Denmark players, regardless of possibility of gameplay."

when will you be offering games to danes again is the question...all other sites made the nescessary changes in a matter of 14 days..

I forwarded your questions onto Anderson from 888, who should be in to respond to them shortly. Figured I'd let you know.

888Anderson    10

Hello

Just stating the current state of affairs for Denmark player. In case things change, I'll update here, hopefully bearing some good news.

Best

Anderson

Hello

Had a few days off and am currently attending your questions, pardon the delay

1) Table balancing - we are aware that table balancing has certain imperfections at the moment and are looking to improve our table balancing rules in the VERY near future.

2) Regarding Denmark - we are adjusting to the new market conditions and are allowing cashouts for all Denmark players, regardless of possibility of gameplay.

As to the Sweden/Denmark IP situation for deemer6 - I strongly suggest that the issue is raised with 888 Support, as it MAY have legal implications.

3) Auto-rebuy/Addons feedback is taken seriously. We have made MAJOR adjustments to our tournaments recently and are looking to add more features to accommodate your feedback in the upcoming version.

Run Good

Anderson

You need to also be able to rebuy straight away sucks having to wait for one hand to pass, or if you are on the last hand before addon your left with a half stack

Also the bug where if someone shoves for 1.5bb total if other players call, for some reason you can only call in the BB. Pretty basic to fix but again this has been like it for at least a year.

Table balancing, I mean its been like this for a year at least and is pretty redic

Also you need to allow tables to be resized smaller, currently they are huge at the min size and its pretty hard to multiable. Also a stack or tile feature would be great

Number 1 issue, when you move table or rebuy, or start the MTT there is no need for a btn that you have to click ok on. Plays havoc with other tables when this pops to the front.

I also dont give a monkeys about what the jackpot is or which clown one it, please allow pop ups to be turned off

When a new MTT starts or when you open the lobby could it please be set to open up where you last opened a table (or lobby). If you multi tabling across a number of sites it makes it pretty difficult when 3 888 tables all pop up over another section of the screen or on top of another site

thx

888Anderson    10

You need to also be able to rebuy straight away sucks having to wait for one hand to pass, or if you are on the last hand before addon your left with a half stack

Also the bug where if someone shoves for 1.5bb total if other players call, for some reason you can only call in the BB. Pretty basic to fix but again this has been like it for at least a year.

Table balancing, I mean its been like this for a year at least and is pretty redic

Also you need to allow tables to be resized smaller, currently they are huge at the min size and its pretty hard to multiable. Also a stack or tile feature would be great

Number 1 issue, when you move table or rebuy, or start the MTT there is no need for a btn that you have to click ok on. Plays havoc with other tables when this pops to the front.

I also dont give a monkeys about what the jackpot is or which clown one it, please allow pop ups to be turned off

When a new MTT starts or when you open the lobby could it please be set to open up where you last opened a table (or lobby). If you multi tabling across a number of sites it makes it pretty difficult when 3 888 tables all pop up over another section of the screen or on top of another site

thx

Hello buffyslayer1

I have literally copy-pasted your post and forwarded it to our development team. Being a poker player myself, I strongly agree with every single one of your comments. Table balancing really tilts me.

We've put loads of thought and improvements into our tournaments over the past 6 months and I really hope the technicalities get ironed out ASAP.

Thanks

Hope some of the above get attended to.

Used to play a bit on 888poker ~1yr. ago & am surprised by how long it takes for any changes to happen to the software & honestly it feels like it's been designed by someone who doesn't play poker.

Made a small deposit this past week (have been considering making a more substantial one for past few mos., as I've been considering playing tournaments on that site for awhile now) I go to load up some tables & then discover I'm only able to play 8 tables... HUGE sigh! Also read that there doesn't seem to be any consideration of this changing any time soon. This is a huge letdown for me... makes me wish I'd put some money on partypoker (or somewhere else besides 888Poker).

Also find it tilting to see some 'Jackpot' winner window pop-up. Who cares!! This doesn't entice me to play the pokerzzz on 888... it leans me towards wanting to shut it off.

Also, I've been getting that f'n DRM_ERROR thing happening... more & more frequently that window would pop up on my screen until finally my lobbys were freezing up. sigh!

It was suggested I need to uninstall & then re-install the software. It seemed to do the last update fine when I logged onto the site... but I guess not?

Will I lose all player notes when I uninstall the software?

Edited by Poker Orifice

ford_20_ford    10

Hi,

I just signed up for poker 888, for the 8$ no deposit. I recieved the email stating my password. But i did not get a email with the link for the 8$ deposit. Is there a waiting period for this?

assorted    10

I haven't looked at 888 in a little while, but I was dismayed at the poor tournament structures on offer and the fact that you only seemed to have a choice between turbos and hyper turbos. Some of us like to play poker, not that push or fold garbage.

That said, the card dealing software used by 888 is well above par and very refreshing. If 888 were to really focus on delivering quality mtt games with good structures and slower blind levels, then I believe growth in player base would soon follow.

Edited by assorted

ImLikeWhoaa    0

I haven't looked at 888 in a little while, but I was dismayed at the poor tournament structures on offer and the fact that you only seemed to have a choice between turbos and hyper turbos. Some of us like to play poker, not that push or fold garbage.

That said, the card dealing software used by 888 is well above par and very refreshing. If 888 were to really focus on delivering quality mtt games with good structures and slower blind levels, then I believe growth in player base would soon follow.

This i just pure wtf??

deemer6    0

^^^^ this, i actually think the structures at 888 are quite good. Ofcourse i only play the 55 and above so maybe the lower buyins are bad , but for sure the 55s and above have a good structure imo

888Anderson    10

Hi,

I just signed up for poker 888, for the 8$ no deposit. I recieved the email stating my password. But i did not get a email with the link for the 8$ deposit. Is there a waiting period for this?

You receive the $8 upon registration, after claiming it via email. I'd check with support just to make sure you're eligible

Run Good

Anderson

Edited by 888Anderson

affinity_00    0

any chance of some 55s in the hours after the 18:30GMT "monsoon" i think it's called?

i dont seem to be able to find any 55s in the next 5hours ? ( or i may be missing them which i hope is the case)

sorry if this has already been brought up

cheers

djdoodoo    0

I've been hitting a ridiculous glitch recently where if you're on the receiving end of an all in you can only fold. Calling isn't an option. So I've lost money in tournaments due to this about 10 or so times now in no more than 15 sit n go's. Unacceptable software standards. Now i'm boycotting the sit n go's on 888 until this is fixed. I'd rather lose my money on other sites fairly than this.

888Anderson    10

any chance of some 55s in the hours after the 18:30GMT "monsoon" i think it's called?

i dont seem to be able to find any 55s in the next 5hours ? ( or i may be missing them which i hope is the case)

sorry if this has already been brought up

cheers

Passing this on to our room manager.

Regarding Denmark- no news at the moment.

djdoodoo - I have gathered the materials from the thread you've created and we'll check them. You should also expect support to contact you shortly.

Run Good

Anderson

Houndboy    0

I have just started playing on 888 and quite like the site!

I like to download my tournament HH and go thru them in a replayer but can't do that on your site and that replayer you have is best described as "crap"!!! so i am asking for away to download HH or get a decent replayer for going over hands!!!

Also it would be nice if u could install a "find a player feature" it is a pain looking for mates going thru all running tournaments to try and find them!!!!

racer    0

I have just started playing on 888 and quite like the site!

I like to download my tournament HH and go thru them in a replayer but can't do that on your site and that replayer you have is best described as "crap"!!! so i am asking for away to download HH or get a decent replayer for going over hands!!!

Also it would be nice if u could install a "find a player feature" it is a pain looking for mates going thru all running tournaments to try and find them!!!!

+1 to the find a player feature. Like, you can play web cam poker, but you cant look up a buddy..seems silly.

As far as your HH, you have to click the 'settings' tab in the main lobby, then click on 'game settings', and from there you will have to click on 'change folder' and select a new folder to keep your HH's in. I think mine is in a WordPad type of folder which enables you to see each and every hand of any tournament you played. Most importantly, be sure to have the little box check marked, which allows it all to be saved.

Hope this helps, GL

ApesAreFun    0

Anderson, any news on the sync breaks or anything on that front? Appreciate your hard work.

Hmm, not sure what you're referring to here, but 888 got sync. breaks. Unlike ongame and ipoker....

rtinnion    10

More games, at least 2 more $10-$20 games per hour (or more rebuys)

Double rebuy/auto add on option

allow players to play more than 8!!!!!!!!!!!! games at a time, 20 min. (and if you are going to keep this silly idea going, at least unreg the person from the 9th tournament!!!)

Find a player option

Stack option

Less bullshit tourneys

Maybe give shane some poker lessons too, having a front man who is -21k makes me lol

that will do for now

Thankyou and congrats on winning best uk poker site, site is good just needs tweaks to make it really deserving of the title, engineering is meant to be our speciality!!!

gl all

RT

Edited by rtinnion

McBain74    0

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but one thing that irks me is that the 5 min. break starts exactly at :55 min. regardless if there if there are players still involved in a hand. The break should wait to begin until all hands are completed, that way you get an actual 5min. break not a 2 min. break or something.

One other thing...when I go to click the rebuy button during a rebuy tourney, it seems really slow to purchase my rebuy/add-on.

Ty

888Anderson    10

More games, at least 2 more $10-$20 games per hour (or more rebuys)

Double rebuy/auto add on option

allow players to play more than 8!!!!!!!!!!!! games at a time, 20 min. (and if you are going to keep this silly idea going, at least unreg the person from the 9th tournament!!!)

Find a player option

Stack option

Less bullshit tourneys

Maybe give shane some poker lessons too, having a front man who is -21k makes me lol

that will do for now

Thankyou and congrats on winning best uk poker site, site is good just needs tweaks to make it really deserving of the title, engineering is meant to be our speciality!!!

gl all

RT

Thanks for the feedback and (some) kind words =)

Re Shane - we appreciate casual players. Shane is a great ambassador for our brand in that context.

We are working hard on our tournament structures, satellites and pushing the Guarantees higher, so any specific feedback on "bullshit tourneys" would be more than welcome!

Run Good

Anderson

jessecuster    0

Bullshit tourny - 99 cent rebuy, can u please just make this a $1 please, as scores dont show on pocketfives for tournies with less than a dollar buy-in and its annoying getting a decent score in this as the prize-pool is still pretty decent and not getting any points etc for it on here.

And how in the lords name do u change ur password, i like to change my pass every once in a while and can never do it on 888.

Thanks.

rtinnion    10

ty for response, yeah we all appreciate them too, shouldnt really complain about having a guy willing to piss money away i retract that statement.

Can you just throw in a few more mid stakes tourneys without a gurantee? also please adress the issue of only being able to play 8 games at a time.

RT

888Anderson    10

ty for response, yeah we all appreciate them too, shouldnt really complain about having a guy willing to piss money away i retract that statement.

Can you just throw in a few more mid stakes tourneys without a gurantee? also please adress the issue of only being able to play 8 games at a time.

RT

Heya

Will def pass this on to the poker room manager, however why wouldn't you prefer a Guarantee?

As some players noted - we tend to push our Guarantee numbers to the max, often increasing the $ with each tournament, as it happens with the Mega-Deep series. It also often draws more casual players to play, making the field more enjoyable for everyone.

Either way, I passed this to our Poker room manager and will update here if we introduce more mid-stake tournaments during the day.

We don't plan on lifting the 8 Table limit at this point.

Run Good

Andreson

Bullshit tourny - 99 cent rebuy, can u please just make this a $1 please, as scores dont show on pocketfives for tournies with less than a dollar buy-in and its annoying getting a decent score in this as the prize-pool is still pretty decent and not getting any points etc for it on here.

And how in the lords name do u change ur password, i like to change my pass every once in a while and can never do it on 888.

Thanks.

The 99c is a "price" factor for smaller stake and casual players. I assure you, it has its benefits, especially if you consider yourself a player with an edge over the field on our site.

In the login box, just click "Forgot/Change Password" link.

Best

Anderson

ApesAreFun    0

RT

Wait what? Why wont you have GTDs?