BelieveIt

ft of 109$ turbo.. is this a call?

Question

given stacks+blinds, should i be making this call?

pokerstars Game #65087476018: Tournament #431010182, $100+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXVI (2500/5000) - 2011/07/26 6:16:23 ET

Table '431010182 3' 9-max Seat #6 is the button

Seat 1: Navigatorlg (33080 in chips)

Seat 3: anaconda1234 (188819 in chips)

Seat 4: Romeplayer (13431 in chips)

Seat 5: OnUrBikeSon (63296 in chips)

Seat 6: phatlat (32503 in chips)

Seat 7: JeanGrae (61851 in chips)

Seat 8: maga 001161 (69020 in chips)

Navigatorlg: posts the ante 625

anaconda1234: posts the ante 625

Romeplayer: posts the ante 625

OnUrBikeSon: posts the ante 625

phatlat: posts the ante 625

JeanGrae: posts the ante 625

maga 001161: posts the ante 625

JeanGrae: posts small blind 2500

maga 001161: posts big blind 5000

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to OnUrBikeSon [3c Ad]

Navigatorlg: folds

anaconda1234: folds

Romeplayer: raises 7806 to 12806 and is all-in

OnUrBikeSon: ?????

23 answers to this question

No you shouldn't. You're on 12bb. Villain is on 2bb. With this said you're in co so you would have to either isolate by reshoving or fold to someone elses reshove. The bb is most likely calling anyway. I'd fold because you don't need to be the one taking him out.

No you shouldn't. You're on 12bb. Villain is on 2bb. With this said you're in co so you would have to either isolate by reshoving or fold to someone elses reshove. The bb is most likely calling anyway. I'd fold because you don't need to be the one taking him out.

Def this. Obv call if you were in the BB, maybe iso-shove in the SB, but both iso-shoving and calling in your position are horrible imo.

I would probably be iso-shoving my entire range here, and it would be a tight range since it's something of a nightmare ICM spot. Maybe something like AJ+ 66+, I suppose you could trap flat AA/KK as well but it depends on how the players behind you will interpret that.

Edited by dalix88

My iso shoving range here is the following -> AJo+ (maybe ATs), KQo, KJo, JQo, 66+. maybe 98s+ (the 98s may be a little too loose however, JTs is pretty good though).

A9+ I'm not entirely sure on. I'd be a little stumped there. It's probably good though.

Also in response to dailx88 there is no need to trap with 12xbb. You should shove AA or KK because no one will think you have it anyway. So they're still getting it in if they are thinking of squeezing to your flat. So no flat to clarify.

Edited by djdoodoo

I dont see how this is ever a call. We're calling 1/5th of our stack to hope we are a 60/40 favourite, and also we hope no one else shoves from the blinds... thats a lot of luck we are banking on. Im sure there will be a better spot to get our money in

also, if you call and the bb flats and its a 6810 flop now what? Its just going to get messy

Edited by NG3434

There are some situations that we get ourselves into that every decision we make could be the right one.I think flatting would be the worst option here b/c the big blind will call most likely with an decent 2. You are 3rd in chips. If you iso shove and get no callers and win you are still not going to have the CL, I understand you are moving up in chips but is the risk worth the reward here? I feel that there are too many negative outcomes here and I pick a better spot personally. You have to hope to Iso-shove here get no callers and hope your in a race. Fold and get the next one.

I'm amazed how tight people's ranges are here. With so many dead chips in the middle and a 12 BB stack, I'm almost definately iso getting it in.

yeah i agree, I'm def re-isoing as you probably are ahead and because of all the dead money

edit: didnt notice all the short stacks. I'm still getting it in.

ship them in man. i haven't got to play in forever but in my time this wasn't even a question. my chips were in before he got done shoving his lol

and his range is stupid here like Kx J10 even sooted connects. just depends on your read.

Edited by feedthemfish

Based off the stacks behind you I fold. One is short and the two are the same as you obv if you are in the blinds a call/ reshove iso is fine. With ace 8 > i reshove maybe ace 7 but with your hand no matter what the other guy rolls you are a slight fav at best or have 3 outs one way or another. Also if you are called from someone behind its the same siuation where pretty much its all up to luck. You are short in terms of a norm tourney but this is also a turbo where you chips have more value and you can prob find a better spot later. I know ppl say play for the win blah blah but idk if this is "as great" of a situation as ppl make it out to be.

IMO if the table is kinda tight I would fold, and choose other spots to push and keep stealing their blinds, if the table is just aggro/sick, maybe i would like to take this spot, cause im ahead of his range for sure, and its hard to find a really good spots in that turbo ft (and SH now,blind will eat you).

yeah i guess at best im 60/40 and may get reshoved on, like it says this is $109 final table so its fair to assume that they all know what they are doing. i can see myself getting reshoved on by like KQs or AT+ 77+ if i flat depending on if they give me credit, i mean i wonder how well they can narrow my range if i flat instead of iso?

anyway id love more input, but as for the result, i called, everyone else folded and Romeplayer ended up having A9o and held,

after reading all this i can see this is a pretty small edge to take and i should have folded this, but what was going on in my head at the time was that i figured i was ahead of his 2.5bb shoving range so thats why i elected to call. i didnt reshove simply because someone may have woken up with a hand behind me(though i know if i reshove it narrows their calling range down massively), and even if i get reshoved on and am forced to fold i'm still left with 10bbs and a very good feel for the table dynamic which in this structure is fine for me and still gives me a decent chance to at least make top 3 if not more.

Edited by BelieveIt