HWP Greg

HogWild Poker Official Support Thread - USA Welcome

No reply from HogWild Poker support as of yet. Three days now.

Now it's happening again in tonights freeroll (staking series) How are you supposed to keep up if the blinds are taking all of your chips and you can't even get any over cards in your hand?

2 consecutive times tonight when the blinds were at 600 and 1200

Edited by MoodyBluez
No reply from HogWild Poker support as of yet. Three days now.

Now it's happening again in tonights freeroll (staking series) How are you supposed to keep up if the blinds are taking all of your chips and you can't even get any over cards in your hand?

2 consecutive times tonight when the blinds were at 600 and 1200

Although most online poker tournaments will do their best not to place you in the blinds twice in a row with a table change, this can happen easily if playing a live tournament. I do like it better when they try to seat you as far from the blinds as possible online when playing online tournaments and just moved from being in the BB, but just pointing out the current set-up is more like a live tournament.

Thank you for the reply however ....At any live tournament that I have played which have been many they have never done this to me on table change...They try to make sure that you are as close to the same position when switching tables because it is simply not fair to have your stack eaten by double and triple consecutive blinds. This puts a player at a serious disadvantage. I'm not sure if you read my previous post but Sunday night I was in the blinds (3) times in a row.

Edited by MoodyBluez
Thank you for the reply however ....At any live tournament that I have played which have been many they have never done this to me on table change...They try to make sure that you are as close to the same position when switching tables because it is simply not fair to have your stack eaten by double and triple consecutive blinds. This puts a player at a serious disadvantage. I'm not sure if you read my previous post but Sunday night I was in the blinds (3) times in a row.

Most events I have played they have randomly handed out cards for the seat draw. In a huge MTT it is not easy for them to quickly see which tables might be near the blinds, etc to do it more effectively. I do agree that online there are mechanisms to easily see and this is the more fair change, but on the other hand, if HWP wants it to be more of a live feel where this part of the game is random, I can understand the position.

Most events I have played they have randomly handed out cards for the seat draw. In a huge MTT it is not easy for them to quickly see which tables might be near the blinds, etc to do it more effectively. I do agree that online there are mechanisms to easily see and this is the more fair change, but on the other hand, if HWP wants it to be more of a live feel where this part of the game is random, I can understand the position.

At most of the live tournaments that I have played they draw for the first seats...But after that they move into the closest spot when moving a player to another table. Not a perfect science but it works pretty well. It should work better online because it's all automated.

MoodyBluez,

I want to take a moment and address your questions above. My name is Jeff and I am the CEO of HogWild Poker. You are right and this is a concern. I would like to know if it happens over and over for you. Please continue to communicate with us if things don't even out for you. I just finished playing in the Sunday Night $200 Freeroll and was moved twice. Fortunately I experienced the opposite and was moved to position 1 and 3. If anyone else reading this feels the table merge functions are fair for the players, please let us know. We make the product better by receiving feedback from the customers.

I will ask the engineers if they can setup a test to measure all players and movement to see if everything balances correctly and can assure you that if we find anything at all, we will fix the issue. Thanks again for reporting this. I hope you don't experience a triple blind move again.

Very best regards,

Jeff

HalfboatJeff (P5 '09)

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for addressing my concern. I have had this happen over and over but usually only (2) times consecutive but it is still devastating to my game sometimes if I am a low stack. When I say something about it at the tables other players say that it happens to them all of the time as well. It hasn't happened since my last post but I will keep you informed. I know that you can't fix it if you don't know about it that is why I felt it necessary to bring it to your attention. I really love HWP and have been playing since October of last year ...Alot of great players and awesome promotions. I wouldn't want to see things like this hender the sites player base or make it seem ingenuine in any way. It has it's own feel and its a great place to play especially with the way online poker world is in a shambles right now. You have a great thing going and I thank you for bringing us HWP.

Sincerely,

April

MoodyBluez

MoodyBluez,

Not to sound corny but it is players like you that are helping us make the site the best for poker players. I really appreciate the information and have already passed it on to the engineering department. We have been going though some certification and need to continue checking fairness in all parts of the game. Thanks again for caring enough to push this forward.

Sincerely,

Jeff

HalfboatJeff

I also have experienced just playing the blinds, moving to another table and being placed in an early or middle position, soon to post the blinds again.

However I have been in one tourney when I was on the button to start, and then moved more than once to different tables - it ended up that I didn't post the blinds until the third round - so I guess it probably evens out in the long run.

Edited by hjwapy
Does anyone know if HWP is Mac compatable?

sorry if this has been asked already...

HogWild is Mac-compatible. Here are the instructions:

Installing HWP on a Mac.

To install our product, go to www.hogwildpokerleagues.com and click "Play Poker - Free Download". If this does not work you may be on a version of the Mac Os that is old and doesn’t support our current version. We have a special version for older Macs.

If you are on an older version of the Mac Os (10.5.X), complete the following:

Install Adobe Air 2.6:

Go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html and select the Mac Version of Adobe Air 2.6. Install it.

Install HogWildPoker:

Go to http://www.hogwildpokerleagues.com/flex/hwplauncher4.03.air and install our download.

Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I'd really like better lobbies as far as a place that shows how much each place gets in terms of HogBucks/cash etc...as opposed to just a place that tells you the % each position gets. Yes, I could do the math myself, but it would be so much more convenient if the tournament lobby was improved.

I'm not a HUGE fan of having to click to see my cards, but I can get past that. I think, like I said, a better lobby for tournaments would be a huge improvement for the site.

I like the general concept; I would like to see even more that you could use your HB for, but not really sure what that could be.

Also, I think antes should start earlier than they do for the structures I've seen. The P5's tourney I played on Wednesday, antes didn't start till like 750/1500.

Edited by rocksolid124

Hi rocksolid124, thanks for the comments. We're looking at ways to improve and simplify the league lobbies. We agree the info such as points/hogbucks could be laid out better. However there are some architectural elements in the app that aren't easy to move around. But I expect we'll make some improvements to the lobby and the desktop app in general over the coming months.

Regarding HogBuck uses, we intend to give them many more uses in the future such as new competitions/contests, virtual enhancements and possibly training sessions with actual pros. There are legal considerations on what we can do with them, but if you have suggestions we're all ears.

Structures are an interesting topic around HWP. We have modified tournament structures many times based on player feedback, and it's interesting that 2 players from the same game will give opposite opinions on the same exact structure. Some will say a game was too fast, while others say it was too slow. In our bigger games we currently introduce antes after the 2nd hour, and most players have responded positively to that.

But to your point, we're open to introducing them sooner if we notice there's enough of a demand. We've experimented with tons of structures over the years, and our current blind/ante configurations in the bigger games are based on an enormous amount of feedback and analysis. Of course you're always encouraged to run your own league and experiment & build structures to suit your own taste. If you need assistance doing that, let me know, and I'll be glad to help you.

Thanks for playing & good luck on the site!

just to clarify things,in live play if the tournament director moves just YOU than yes they will put u in the same spot or 1 seat off

if its a table break-up than they will disperse cards onto the table and people grab a card and get whatever comes to them

on another subject as an idea for HWP when the break hits, a lil window on the table would be cool saying that we are officially on break

i found myself wondering if i was disconnected or wht have you and time wasted on break is time needed

i am sure it can become normal to know hey its break time but this is probably a habit that shouldn't be learned thru experience

compared to having a break window hit the felt and i know right than and there that its break time

Hi rocksolid124, thanks for the comments. We're looking at ways to improve and simplify the league lobbies. We agree the info such as points/hogbucks could be laid out better. However there are some architectural elements in the app that aren't easy to move around. But I expect we'll make some improvements to the lobby and the desktop app in general over the coming months.

Regarding HogBuck uses, we intend to give them many more uses in the future such as new competitions/contests, virtual enhancements and possibly training sessions with actual pros. There are legal considerations on what we can do with them, but if you have suggestions we're all ears.

Structures are an interesting topic around HWP. We have modified tournament structures many times based on player feedback, and it's interesting that 2 players from the same game will give opposite opinions on the same exact structure. Some will say a game was too fast, while others say it was too slow. In our bigger games we currently introduce antes after the 2nd hour, and most players have responded positively to that.

But to your point, we're open to introducing them sooner if we notice there's enough of a demand. We've experimented with tons of structures over the years, and our current blind/ante configurations in the bigger games are based on an enormous amount of feedback and analysis. Of course you're always encouraged to run your own league and experiment & build structures to suit your own taste. If you need assistance doing that, let me know, and I'll be glad to help you.

Thanks for playing & good luck on the site!

with structures the p5's open was a great structure,of course you have the impatient players that want it over faster and mentally quit at later stages[thats what poker is about(mental toughness)] and you have the players that want it over quicker.Now i occasionally like turbos as well here and there,it could be because i know how long i want to stay home or go to bed or i'm not in the mood for a longer tourney

the hope is that u can grow and diversify this problem and a quick fix is to just have different structures on diff days ,seems a simple way to satisfy the ones that have certain likes when it comes to blind structures,most poker players will play and adjust ,i personally wouldn't like just a bunch of turbos, this structure heightens the chance level of poker and decreases the skill level ,plain and simple

Edited by double_kyan

Thanks double_kyan & congrats on winning the Open. We are mixing the tourney structures up a bit - for example we're running slower deepstack games on Sat & Sun afternoons in the Staking Series, and most of the big evening games are on the turbo end of the spectrum. As more players join, we'll continue to add more variety in both structures and start times.

Interesting comment about the breaks, I'll bring it up in the next development meeting. Of course game admins can post popup messages across all tables whenever when they want, but that's a manual process. I like the idea of a a break notification. One issue I can think of already is that each table will go to break at a slightly different time, but it may not be a major obstacle. Thanks for the comments & the suggestion.

Another thing (lol you're gonna hate me but just testing various things out because I actually do enjoy this site thus far). It appears (I could be incorrect) that a way some people may be exploiting the points ranking system is by just registering for every event, for example, late at night while they are sleeping and what not. My question was, when a player is kicked out of the game for sitting out for whatever the time period is, do they still get points or are they disqualified for getting points in that league tournament? The reason I was asking was because if they are not dq'ed from still earning points, then what someone can do is just register for every league tournament, and at least get 1 point for every tournament even if they do not register for that game (if it's a short fielded tournament where all the spots earn points as happens in smaller groups).

I don't really know if that is the case, and if not, kudos to you guys for preemptively realizing that possible exploit and dq'ing them from getting points. Just bringing it up just in case it hasn't been addressed in the past.

Also, an auto-muck feature would be nice. Again, if you have it already, direct me to it, as it gets a tad annoying having to click muck every single hand lol.

Of course there's the graphical things where we could more easily multi-table and what not, but I don't really think that's going to be an issue since you can't really multi-table effectively while having to click to see your cards, so max games I'll ever be playing is probably 4 at a time anyway. I might suggest that perhaps you have the option for league tournaments of whether a league wants the option to have the hidden cards or not, and perhaps for the open tables ("HogBucks cash games) , possibly consider having some tables with the option of not having to click to see one's cards. This would please both those who want the click feature and those who do not.

Alright, I think that's all I'll mention about the site for tonight lol. Like I said, like what I see overall; just trying to nitpick a bit and give ideas to hopefully make it a better site moving forward.

No problem, we keep a long running list of product improvements we'd like to make, and it's easy to add things to the list. Player notes is already on the list, and so is auto-muck and ways to make multi-tabling easier. But I don't see us changing the 'cards down' feature anytime soon, so multi-tabling/tiling improvements will take some ingenuity on our part. But we enjoy those type of challenges, so stay tuned.

On the points, when a player DNFs, they get 0 points. Occasionally players will play one hand, and then try to beat the system by blinding out to get points. League admins are allowed to bounce players who do this. We intend to build a feature that removes any player who misses X number of blinds. That should happen this year, but development timelines are hard to predict.

HWP[/url] Greg;6812834]

On the points, when a player DNFs, they get 0 points. Occasionally players will play one hand, and then try to beat the system by blinding out to get points. League admins are allowed to bounce players who do this. We intend to build a feature that removes any player who misses X number of blinds. That should happen this year, but development timelines are hard to predict.

This has been discussed in the HWP forum quite extensively, with pros and cons being discussed.

Being an advocate of this method, I like it, and thanks Greg for posting it here.

If this point hasn't been made in the HWP forum before, could you post it there also, - think it would clarify this situation.

Sure hjwapy, I just posted a reply in the Suggestions section. I wrote "If an admin wants to kick squatters out after they've missed X number of blinds, they should post it in their league rules.

HWP intends to build an admin feature that does it automatically, but it will be later this year. We consider the action poor sportsmanship, but there is not currently a rule against it in HWP-managed leagues."

Hey rocksolid124, that's the Top Hog $500 team freeroll, and we always have it on either the first or second Thursday of the month. Since there are sometime ties in a league's top 5, we try to give them at least 3-4 days to schedule a playoff if needed.

You can read how it works here.

The next Top Hog is Thursday April 5 at 9 ET. Thanks for the question & playing on HogWild.

Edited by HWP Greg

Hey, guys. We're happy to bring the PocketFives HogWild Poker League league back every Tuesday night during April at 9:00pm ET – April 3rd, April 10th, April 17th,and April 24th. Where you finish in each game will determine your standing on an overall leaderboard that pays out as follows:

1st Place: PlayStation Vita WiFi

2nd Place: PlayStation Vita WiFi

3rd Place: PocketFives Gear + 25,000 HogBucks

4th Place: PocketFives Gear + 25,000 HogBucks

5th Place: PockeFives Gear + 25,000 HogBucks

6th Place: 25,000 HogBucks

7th Place: 25,000 HogBucks

8th Place: 25,000 HogBucks

9th Place: 25,000 HogBucks

10th Place: 25,000 HogBucks

Tuesday night makes me a sad panda (work). Good luck to everyone that participates though! Enjoying this site while poker has the banhammer :)

Thanks, bud. We might change the day of the week the next time around, so we appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance to participants in the free PocketFives HogWild Poker league.