advertisement_alt
Lord Supremo

Red Lobster: biggest gap between appearance and reality?

I guess it depends on what you expect when you go to each place. Olive Garden is good for their Soup, Salad, and Breadstick lunch special. Some of their other shit is tolerable, but if you go there expecting authentic italian food made by some little old italian lady in the kitchen, youre gonna be dissapointed. Same with Red Lobster. If you go to a Red Lobster in Missouri and think youre gonna get fresh seafood the way its supposed to be made, youre wrong. But if you want some badass cheddar biscuits and something that will fill you up for a decent price, then you found the right place.

Alot of it depends on where you live. If you live near a coast and you go to Red Lobster and are dissapointed, then yeah, youre fucking retarded. You get what you deserve. If you live in Indiana like I do, then its hard to find decent seafood without paying 60-100$ a plate and you deal with what you get.

Same with Olive Garden. If you live in New York, for instance, and go to Olive Garden and decide youre dissapointed because its not "real italian", then yeah, youre fucking retarded. You have other options to get authentic shit.

I guess it depends on what you expect when you go to each place. Olive Garden is good for their Soup, Salad, and Breadstick lunch special. Some of their other shit is tolerable, but if you go there expecting authentic italian food made by some little old italian lady in the kitchen, youre gonna be dissapointed. Same with Red Lobster. If you go to a Red Lobster in Missouri and think youre gonna get fresh seafood the way its supposed to be made, youre wrong. But if you want some badass cheddar biscuits and something that will fill you up for a decent price, then you found the right place.

Alot of it depends on where you live. If you live near a coast and you go to Red Lobster and are dissapointed, then yeah, youre fucking retarded. You get what you deserve. If you live in Indiana like I do, then its hard to find decent seafood without paying 60-100$ a plate and you deal with what you get.

Same with Olive Garden. If you live in New York, for instance, and go to Olive Garden and decide youre dissapointed because its not "real italian", then yeah, youre fucking retarded. You have other options to get authentic shit.

this might be it.

i mean when i grew up olive garden was considered a nice place to go

This, inquiring minds want the inside scoop.

Have you guys not worked in a restaurant? Its horrible, I cant eat coleslaw after working at Tony Roma's ever and i love fucking slaw. We used to take the warm assey leftovers and put it in the new fresh batch.

I had some jack in the box tacos yesterday.

Easily the biggest pile of crap ive ever eaten.

You wont believe how many of these ive taken down. Its not really a taco, it just happens to come shaped as one but it is deep fried, had a slice of cheese, and two strands of lettuce and hot sauce and ground kangaroo. So good. I was raised on these hot packets of protein.

Fast food ads v reality.

Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad

tacosalad.jpgtacosalad2.JPG

http://thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm

K, I've had that before, and they gave me the chili, sour cream & dressing, and chips on the side, so the dude that took that picture made it look like that himself.

So now we've talked about the chains that suck, what ones are decent? The 3 or 4 times I've eaten at Chili's it was pretty decent.

So now we've talked about the chains that suck, what ones are decent? The 3 or 4 times I've eaten at Chili's it was pretty decent.

No no no. They used to be good. Something happened a few years back and they started watering down the soups and the burgers got much greasier. I used to like chilis. Now they are awful, although I do like the chips and salsa. That hasnt been enough to get me in there tho. I just won't go there anymore

Cheese slices should be used for only grilled cheese sandwiches and maybe on a burger in a pinch. That's it. A couple of times I have been served omelettes with cheese slices used as the cheese. If I had gone to the kitchen and killed the cook, would have been justifiable homicide IMO.

Sucks to hear about Chili's. I haven't been there in like 5 or 6 years. They opened one near me a couple years ago and I've always been tempted to go because there was never one near me. I still will have to see if that one sucks for myself.

I love Olive Garden...breadsticks rape, calamari reallllllllllly rapes, and I love the salmon + mashed potatoes. It's a total win. A little overpriced, but I'm definitely a fan. I challenge anyone to go to Olive Garden and tell me they don't like the calamari.

I love Applebee's, too. Well-priced, the fries are delicious, and I'm a fan of both the salmon and the shrimp and parmesan sirloin. Obviously the steak isn't the best, but upgrade it from sirloin to New York, and it's pretty tasty. The melted parmesan + shrimp combo is really delicious.

F the haters.

Also...how are there still Sizzlers in business? I drive by one every now and then and am just blown away by the fact that they're still open. I don't get it.

I thought I was the only one who hated olive garden's bread sticks! fck those damn things

I have never had a single dish at the olive garden where I thought, "that was good" or even ok for that matter. The whole place is complete shite and not to mention the service is always abysmal.

living near seattle there are tons of great places to get extremely good seafood. I have had king crab legs nearly just about everywhere. to be completely honest Red lobster's crab legs rank pretty high, at least in my opinion.(but also crab legs are pretty hard to fck up I suppose) Their lobster tail dishes are usually pretty exceptional as well, but sometimes it's hit and miss. Everything else on their menu completely sucks tho

so having said that, at least red lobster has one pretty ok dish, whereas olive garden is 110% without a doubt a complete travesty/ complete embarrassment to food everywhere

edit- never tried the calamari at olive garden, assume that'd be pretty good considering it's deep fried bite sized bits, thats a recipe that usually cant go wrong

Edited by CCLLAAYY
I've been going out to eat lately with my grandfather because my grandma died recently, so we've been going to places he likes. Sizzler and Village Inn are pretty bad, I think I'm choosing the next restaurant.

you're lucky, my grandfather liked Furr's cafeteria

Isn't most of the seafood we eat frozen? I've seen a lot of comments here about fresh seafood, but I would think there is very little of it going around. As soon as the big commercial fishing boats catch something, it goes into a freezer below.

Unless your on a coast and someplace is buying today's catch from a local fisherman and serving it that night. But most places suck so bad they would just buy from a distributor and it comes already frozen.

Isn't most of the seafood we eat frozen? I've seen a lot of comments here about fresh seafood, but I would think there is very little of it going around. As soon as the big commercial fishing boats catch something, it goes into a freezer below.

Unless your on a coast and someplace is buying today's catch from a local fisherman and serving it that night. But most places suck so bad they would just buy from a distributor and it comes already frozen.

This isn't the case always, ya it might be the case for some cheaper places that use seafood, but a ton of commercial fisherman just throw the fresh fish on ice when its caught, it is then put in dry ice when the boat docs and is sent overnight to a ton of various restaurants, grocery stores and fresh fish markets....at least that how it works on the east coast. Inland seafood which is out of ATL is one of the biggest distributors if not the biggest on the East Coast and that's how they run their operation.

I would love to see what some of you guys eat on a daily basis. Obviously Red Lobster is fine dining for white trash and black people. But come on. It's not terrible. Nobody that goes there thinks it's fresh seafood and it will be an all time great dining experience. They go there to pig out on greasy cheese biscuits and all you can eat shrimp. I don't like most things at Olive Garden but I can always find something worth eating there. Their food is too bland for me.

Golden Corral is a guilty pleasure of mine. The corporate headquarters is in my town, so the one near me is by far the nicest and newest one I have ever seen. The food really isnt that good, but sometimes I just want to pig the fuck out. The best is brunch time when they are changing over from breakfast to dinner so you have your choice of both. Yeah, I'm a gluttonous pos, gfy.

Edited by Glo4m