advertisement_alt
Zeppelin

The Top 5 Regrets In Life By Those About to Die

Nice thread OP.

I have been givin a projected death date by doc's and was almost a lock for death by cancer so I will chime in.

I thought about the things I didn't do. I thought about this girl Michelle that I neved made a move on. I thought about if I took that job, what would have happenned? What if I pulled the trigger type stuff.

I was happy I had done the things I had. I thought about all the good times on tour with the bands I loved.

Wished alot things were different, but I accepted my fate.

The truth behind number2 is something I learned when I was young.

Have seen soo many people put themselves in debt chasing material bullshit that they dont need ultimately ruining the quality of their lives.

Its actually a huge problem for middle class America and if people could get over it they would be much happier

I think #2 is laughable. If most people were honest with their feelings, they would probably rather have worked harder in order to provide a better life for themselves and their family.

I think the key there is to work smarter, not harder. You can work 12 hours a day at a productivity rate of 60% = 7.2 or work an 8 hour day at 90% = 7.2. One has more hours than the other but the end result is the same.

two days is good, could do 3 but that is really slow. Would be around 140 miles from Santa Monica which is a logical starting point. Would pass: Santa Monica, Venice, Manhattan Beach, San Pedro, Long Beach, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, and San Diego. Should be a really nice ride

My friend is riding from Vancouver to SD next month. I assume she isn't doing it alone but haven't asked yet. I may try to join her on the SD to LA part, anybody else would be welcome too. Not sure when she is expecting to be in LA. If I don't do it with her I am going to organize something but I am probably a couple months away, have to get fully situated in LA first. I should be able to get a decent sized group to do it with enough warning. Especially for a weekend ride. I'd be willing to do this ride more than once. Assuming it goes well I also want to do SF to LA later in the year

You can use whatever bike you want. I'm not looking to ride fast or be in a hurry. This is my bike, it's a Surly Long Haul Trucker

IMG_3337.JPG

This reminds me of when I did a PCH trip from San Diego to San Francisco with my then girlfriend, and neither of us had been to Cali ... pretty much stopped at almost every beach between SD and LA. I fuckin love So Cal beaches. Guess I need to do SF to Seattle at some point.

Edited by Digz
Drove, no bikes
I think the key there is to work smarter, not harder. You can work 12 hours a day at a productivity rate of 60% = 7.2 or work an 8 hour day at 90% = 7.2. One has more hours than the other but the end result is the same.

The effort or value of labor isn't measured in time, IMO.