ClubWPT. Is it worth it to play on that site?

HOUNDofHELL    0

I want to start by saying that I love playing on ClubWPT, but I just finished a tournament with a 1st Place prize of $20 and 500 Tournament Points (TP's). I finished in 28th out of 949 and after the 50 TP's buy-in, I "cashed" for 150 TP's for a grand total of 100 TP's for 2 hours of my life. I feel somewhat empty inside. :(

FLIP4stackz    4

club wpt is pretty terrible like that imo

horrible software too, it looks crappy (why have the chairs? keep it simple like all the other poker sites), folded hands still look like theyre still in etc...

i tried the free month and cancelled right away...to much of a mine field to win that $20 first place prize

No, you win packages to wpt events and they have like a monthly "big" mtt where first is like 5 or 10k not really sure.

I don't play on there but my brother does and he says it's horrible but since he's bad it's cheaper to play there then go play live or load up on merge and lose.

20 bucks a month is just for pure fun to most of the cats playing on that site.

Glo4m    0

No, you win packages to wpt events and they have like a monthly "big" mtt where first is like 5 or 10k not really sure.

I don't play on there but my brother does and he says it's horrible but since he's bad it's cheaper to play there then go play live or load up on merge and lose.

minus well go play tavern poker

HOUNDofHELL    0

They have a monthly 10k w/ 1st being $1000 + TP's (weeeeeeeee) a weekly 2k tourney and a daily 1k

also every now and then a $500 rebuy. Also, like stated above chances once a week during WPT tour season, to win a seat into a main event, which is pretty sweet. Other than that though, pretty much $100 and $200 tournies and an "s" ton of freerolls.

Trashman831    0

yea but the structure is shit. im surprised i figured at least the wpt seat tournies would be wpt like. but they give u 1k in chips and 5 min blinds and there are thousands of players. it is a dumb site imo. I have been enjoying HogWildPoker staking series tourny a lot better, structure is shit also but not as shitty

HOUNDofHELL    0

yea but the structure is shit. im surprised i figured at least the wpt seat tournies would be wpt like. but they give u 1k in chips and 5 min blinds and there are thousands of players. it is a dumb site imo. I have been enjoying HogWildPoker staking series tourny a lot better, structure is shit also but not as shitty

The satties for the WPT seats are that 1k in chips w/ 5 min. blinds. The actual wpt seat tourney is 5k in chips and 10 min. blinds, though the blinds do escalate very quickly. Ive played on HogWild and I think some of the things they are doing on there are really cool but not many players all tournies I played had no more than 25 w/ half not even showing up. Maybe I'll give it a second chance.

Edited by HOUNDofHELL

spencer2710    0

The best thing about clubWPT is that it's free to play. Sure, they offer membership for $20 a month to access their "extra content", but to play...all you have to do is send them a postcard. You see...the reason they are legal in the united states is because they play under sweepstakes rules, so they have to offer games for free to be legal. Just go to their adendum and it will tell you what to write on the postcard and where to send it. This is referred to as the FAME or Free Alternate Means of Entry. Its good for one month of VIP membership and then you just send another postcard for the next free month. They dont like people to know this, they've gone as far as making the word postcard a dirty word that is blanked out in the chat rooms :) lol

G2thV    0

I quit playing ClubWPT twice, membership & all. I hated it. Total agony. Do they still use that 10 year old cheap copy of AP/UB? Lord! Poker Hell would be stuck playing there.

HWP Greg    0

Correct, they vary depending on the night, holidays, etc, but that's a good estimate.

BTW, the game you final tabled the other night had 220. Great game Trashman831!

YesIAm    0

Why I will cancel my membership:

1. Speed. Site is extraordinarily SLOW. They allow FAR too much time for every bet, and most of the players sit there and take every damn second of it to make the simplest decisions, regardless of the blinds, point in the game, etc. It is stupid to make everyone waste all of this time. For example, I have played several single table Sit-and-Go’s and some of them have taken as long as 1.5 – 2 hours. Ridiculous.

2. “Sitting Out” – this is a complete joke. What exactly is the point of this “sitting out” function anyway? They don’t have any explanation of it on the web site, which is also just plain dumb. I think the very first and most important thing someone running a web site like this must do is to clearly explain ALL of the rules and functionality of the site. If sitting out is just so someone can run to the bathroom or something, then that is fine. But to allow people to sit out forever, especially in tournaments is just moronic. Then they also, amazingly, even allow people to win a hand even when they are supposedly sitting out? What the heck? I’ve even been sitting at a table with several other players, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM is sitting out. So I sit there hand after hand just clicking away. Who goes to a poker site and then sits out for half an hour or whatever? This is REALLY dumb and must be better policed!

3. Loyalty Points – I supposedly have over 30,000 loyalty points. So what? No place on the web site does it tell us what these are or what they are used for. How can you go to the trouble of creating something like this and then neglect to thoroughly explain it? Did they just get bored when you were building this web site and decide it wasn’t worth the trouble to do it properly and professionally? I would think that for the exorbitant monthly cost ($27.95 per month for a VIP membership) they could at least do it right for Christ sakes.

4. “Ring Games” – it is next to impossible to get on a ring game table. Even when it shows that there is room on a table you always seem to find the table full.

5. Cost – I’m sorry, but the return you get for a monthly VIP cost of $27.95 is just not there. The vast majority of games that even offer a few dollars back is a paltry amount. I mean $10?? Really? The cost of a Diamond membership ($147.95 per month) is a complete joke and I can’t imagine ever spending that much money on it.

They need to seriously re-think this entire thing. I thought Zynga was the worst poker site out there. At least now I know they are just second worst.