advertisement_alt
Andybro218

Game Of Thrones Season Two **No Spoilers posted ITT please**

I think everyone that is saying that Tywin appointed Tyrion to be The Hand did so because he favored Tyrion and knew he was smart are misremembering season 1. When Tyrion first comes to Tywin with Shagga and the mountain clans and Tywin thinks that Robb Stark is about to attack them with 20,000 men he willingly sends Tyrion to his death as a diversion/sacrifice to lure Robb and his men close to the river.

Tyrion undrestands that his father is just using him as a pawn but still willingly does his duty. However, Robb only sent 2k men and took the rest to take Jaime's army surprise and captured him. Finally, after Tywin realizes that Jaime has now been captured and will almost surely die after what Joffrey did to Ned he reaches out to Tyrion and sends him to Kings Landing to be The Hand. He isn't doing this because he loves Tyrion or because he thinks that he is the most qualified, he is doing it because he accepts that Jaime is dead and Tyrion, despite being a dwarf, is the only son he has left.

Tywin is a very proud man and is very concerned with his legacy. You learn all this through his conversations with Arya. He likely sent Tyrion to Kings Landing so that he can assure that the Lannister name lives on and strong and continues to rule and influence should Tywin die in battle. Tywin sees Renly, Robb, and Stannis growing stronger, with all of them hating his army the most, and is struggling with his own mortality.

Once Tywin decides to go back to Kings Landing himself, Renly is dead, Stannis' army is defeated and he now has one of the two most powerful alley's with the Tyrell's. He thinks that his place and the war are now firmly secured and he casts Tyrion aside again.

Also, Sweetness, read the damn books. I love this show, can't get enough of it, probably will end up in my top 3 or 5 favorite shows ever, but it pales in comparison to the books. I can't emphasis enough just how good the books are. For those who are planning on reading them, do so before S3 starts. Book 3 is the best book ever written in the fantasy genre and you don't want to have it largely spoiled by the show.

Just flew through season 2 -- while it is an amazing show, I feel like so little happens every episode because there are so many compelling story lines. I feel like I could give a synopsis of what took place for each character in season 2 in just a few sentences. Never feel like I've gotten enough time with any of them..

I just finished reading the first two books of the series (took about a week each). They were really enjoyable and it was interesting seeing the differences the book readers talked about. The show follows the first book almost exactly while the second deviates a lot more than I expected after reading the first. Just started the third book and really looking forward to it.

I just finished reading the first two books of the series (took about a week each). They were really enjoyable and it was interesting seeing the differences the book readers talked about. The show follows the first book almost exactly while the second deviates a lot more than I expected after reading the first. Just started the third book and really looking forward to it.

The third book is amazing, and probably one of the best books I've ever read in any genre. Really looking forward to the next couple of seasons of GoT on HBO. Should be very interesting to see how they adapt Book 3 to TV...which will cover two seasons of the show if I'm not mistaken.

In any case, enjoy. I did it like you...watched the first two seasons, then started reading.

Yeah, I just started rewatching two nights ago. I was amazed at a few things, really. One, the almost gratuitous amount of foreshadowing that I missed before. Two, the amount of action in the first couple of episodes. Finally, just how awesome of a show this is. I know the Breaking Bad vs. Game of Thrones pissing contest has been ongoing in the BB thread, and being a viewer of both shows, I can see why people say BB is better at this point, but I doubt it'll even be an argument after seasons 3 and 4.

I bought the 4 book set via kindle and have been ripping through it on my phone when I have spare time. About half through the 1st book and can say I am thoroughly enjoying reliving the first season. The details in the book plus my mental visual references for characters via the show is an interesting dynamic. So pumped to get to book 3.

I bought the 4 book set via kindle and have been ripping through it on my phone when I have spare time. About half through the 1st book and can say I am thoroughly enjoying reliving the first season. The details in the book plus my mental visual references for characters via the show is an interesting dynamic. So pumped to get to book 3.

Easily the best book I've read in years. Many people call it the best book of the genre.

I am probably going to start a reread of these books early next year. While I envy you being able to read the story as it happens for the first time, I am equally excited for the reread to fill in wholes that I have missed. As people just mentioned that they picked up on so much more through a re-watch, I am guessing a re-read will have that more value. These books are so layered with foreshadowing, symbolism, prophecy that is nearly impossible to appreciate after only one read. I think a re-read will be almost like reading a new story.

i agree that book 3 was one of the best fantasy books ever. i couldnt put the thing down. pretty excited to see how they portray book 3 in season 3, should be amazing. i didnt start reading the books til bout mid way through season 2 (slowly so that i wouldnt catch up to the show) so itll be interesting to watch the show after reading the books rather than the other way around.

i'm pretty close to breaking down and buying them... i am trying to avoid any spoiling of the show because i've literally never been even close to this into a television show before, but i'm kinda fiending for some GoT. i actually went to Target to buy first book, but they only had paper back. i'm so excited about this shit that i refused to buy paperback, hard copy minimum, but do people even read printed books anymore? i browse a ton on my iphone, should i just read it through there or the ipad or is another device like a kindle the way to go?

i browse a ton on my iphone, should i just read it through there or the ipad or is another device like a kindle the way to go?

you're the 2nd person I've heard from here talk about reading a book on their phone...who the, why would you...nevermind

i'm pretty close to breaking down and buying them...

ffs. there isn't one, legitimate, reason not to read the books now. if you are that into the show you're going to be completely enveloped by the world and histories that GRRM creates that show doesn't touch on. Every aspect of the characters, westeros, and the histories is developed so much deeper.

ffs. there isn't one, legitimate, reason not to read the books now. if you are that into the show you're going to be completely enveloped by the world and histories that GRRM creates that show doesn't touch on. Every aspect of the characters, westeros, and the histories is developed so much deeper.

I'm figuring that Waco can't read and he has to pay someone to read OT to him. but Waco doesnt have enough money to also pay them to read him the GoT series. Only plausible reason he hasn't gone out and bought the books yet.

I'm figuring that Waco can't read and he has to pay someone to read OT to him. but Waco doesnt have enough money to also pay them to read him the GoT series. Only plausible reason he hasn't gone out and bought the books yet.

pretty much all I do is read.

I've explained many times why I am holding off on reading the books. no need to repeat myself.

I'm excited for April. will be here before we know it. books are going nowhere.

"I like to go in fresh!"