advertisement_alt
double_kyan

best tv series[comedy] of all time

Another thread where ppl are going to tell ppl how stupid & wrong they are for what they like (brilliant)

My own personal tastes goes like this

Friends

Saved by the Bell

Seinfeld

Different Strokes

Family Guy

Strong honorable mentions to Bosom Buddies (though it wasn't on for long), King of Queens, SOuth Park, Facts of Life, Everybody Loves Raymond, Simpsons, and The Cosby Show. Hard to just pick 5 and I am certainly leaving out others.

Also loved 2.5 men

If you've seen Arrested Development and don't have it as #1, then you know absolutely nothing about TV.

weiner

simpsons. how is this even a question?

both. simpsons had an amazing run and has been constantly funny. family guy startedd out on fire and now its medicore.

the simpsons hasnt been funny since the mid 90s, deal with it

the simpsons hasnt been funny since the mid 90s, deal with it

This just isn't true. And even if you say it wasn't funny after 1998, that's still ten seasons of The Simpsons being a phenomenal show. Family Guy hasn't been consistently funny in a long time and maybe had three or four seasons at its peak.

If you stopped watching The Simpsons after the mid-90s, you missed some amazing, hilarious episodes. I'm not saying they were as consistent as seasons 1-10, but there were still some real gems in every season. Even in the past few seasons, there have been some great episodes.

I stopped watching regularly in the mid 2000s, but I still catch episodes every now and then if I think they look good.

Guest SyphonSoul

In Living Color, Entourage, Seinfeld, Cosby Show, Martin, Kids in the Hall, Chappelle Show. Not in that order but all were my favorite comedies at one time. Intervention is a laugh riot as well

lol at 2 1/2 men at #2 on your list. Anyone putting Post '03ish laughtrack sitcoms has no sense of humor. @WhomikeB, big bang theory is just garbage.

How so? There is no way you can name me 5 better comedies than the ones I named.

In my defense I have never seen a full episode of Seinfield so that one doesn't count.

How so? There is no way you can name me 5 better comedies than the ones I named.

In my defense I have never seen a full episode of Seinfield so that one doesn't count.

dude wtf...

dude wtf...

I mean I've seen parts and know the main characters. Obviously know Seinfeld and the dude with the tall hair (Kramer?). And the chick is the same one from Groundhog Day and the other dude is the one that's always playing the Main Event.

Maybe I'll fire them up sometime this weekend. I'm finishing that new Tyler Perry show that comes on TBS now. (For Better or Worse) It's pretty solid. Not as good as his other stuff though.

I mean I've seen parts and know the main characters. Obviously know Seinfeld and the dude with the tall hair (Kramer?). And the chick is the same one from Groundhog Day and the other dude is the one that's always playing the Main Event.

Maybe I'll fire them up sometime this weekend. I'm finishing that new Tyler Perry show that comes on TBS now. (For Better or Worse) It's pretty solid. Not as good as his other stuff though.

Not sure if serious but guess I need to know your age before judging. If you are between 25-45 it would be very hard to believe that you have never watched a full ep of Seinfeld but seeing as how I still haven't seen a ton of movies that ppl call classics and just recently saw Shawshank for the 1st time I guess it is

at those mentioning trailer park boys, thats only aired in canada im pretty sure. I did watch one of the movies and it was pretty funny, and ive seen the ricky'isms youtube clip that was funny, but never seen an episode since its not aired here. it does seem like a pretty quality comedy tho, still doubt it cracks the top 10 tho.

and whoever mentioned parks and rec, good call. that show cracks me up, def one of my favorite comedys on right now. only a few seasons in tho, long way to go to get to the top overall

nice attempt, but nobody is so stupid to think that we would value any opinion you had about sitcoms if you haven't seen Seinfeld.

Also found the

Andie MacDowell:

andie-macdowell-370a-031910.jpg

Julia Louis-Dreyfus:

juliadreyfusMTI1MA%3D%3D.jpg

to be a good touch.

Edited by qjuice14
nice attempt, but nobody is so stupid to think that we would value any opinion you had about sitcoms if you haven't seen Seinfeld.

:) obvious level I was just bored. There was a thread like this like 2 weeks ago. I don't like any of the shows I mentioned earlier lol. Big Bang Theory might be my least favorite show of all time.

South Park

The Office

Community

Parks and Rec

Curb

Seinfeld

Scrubs

Workaholics

Blue Mountain State

Fresh Prince

Always Sunny

There's more but those are some of the best. Still need to watch a few shows though (ie. Arrested Development)

Edited by whoMikeB

Since nobody else is likely to mention it I really enjoy Taxi. Haven't seen it in years

TAXI is without a doubt in my top 5!!

Anyone who isn't familiar should check it out. Many huge comedic actors got their start on Taxi and gave some of the best performances of their lives...

Also, I think everyone would agree that MASH was one of the greatest television shows of all times- but often very serious and dramatic.

Most of the shows discussed here are funnier imo...