advertisement_alt
snaggs

Dear Joe Flacco, I know Eli Manning and you're no Eli Manning...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wise answer. Eli can't be defended against Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers by the use of statistics. That's for sure

Eli is barely top 3 in his immediate family.

I have noticed that the biggest critics/haters of Eli are either Patriots or Packers fans... would it kill some you guys to have a shred of objectivity? sports fans are so irrationally biased, it really is ridiculous. like, how difficult is it to tip your cap to the guy and say "he kicked our ass?"

I don't see how anyone can argue that Eli isn't at least top 3. Hes gone toe to toe with Brady twice and outplayed him both times, on the biggest stage. Brady can't handle the pressure of a big game. It's not about numbers, Eli may have thrown fewer TD's than Rodgers last year but he outplayed him in the playoffs and got the ring.

apparently the only players that matter on the team r the QBs... NYs D-line doesnt count and neither do ther 3 sick WRs... nor the fact that bradys fav target and Olinemen both cud barely walk during the superbowl and still played anyway...(mankins n Gronk) NIcks heads so far up Eli's ass it keeps him from analyzing anything with a sense of objectivity...

I mean i say he's a top 5 QB, but to say he's just better then Brady, Brees n Rodgers is just stupid...make him at least have back to back good regular seasons first...amirite...

I have noticed that the biggest critics/haters of Eli are either Patriots or Packers fans... would it kill some you guys to have a shred of objectivity? sports fans are so irrationally biased, it really is ridiculous. like, how difficult is it to tip your cap to the guy and say "he kicked our ass?"

I used to give Eli no credit but after that last game I've really come around. He's def in my top 5.

Lol he's not ahead of Brady, Brees, or Rodgers though. Nickc is a bit retarded.

Wise answer. Eli can't be defended against Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers by the use of statistics. That's for sure

While I like Eli, I was merely arguing he "broke out" several years ago. I cannot place him ahead of Brees, Brady or Rodgers as far as quality of his game. I'll wait to see how Peyton bounces back before I make that call. That being said I do love Eli's intangibles. He's ridiculously even-keeled, and cold blooded. Seems to be at his best when it matters most.

Don't think there's much to argue with in this post...

As a pats fan I can say firsthand from watching his performance in those suPerbowls that he is a top 5 qb and I curse the mans name more than anyone. Brady Rodgers Brees and the manning brothers are the clear top five in the league now Eli having just entered that group this past season

I like Eli and was one of his biggest defenders on here when this same story came out last year of Eli claiming to be elite. I probably supported him more than any non Giants fan in that thread. I didn't call him top 3 but a very good QB, which he is.

I don't call him top 3 because he isn't, not because I am a Patriots fan. Anybody who thinks Eli is on the same level as Brees, Rodgers and Brady are the subjective delusional ones. He might be 4 or 5, I wouldn't argue it

yup. zep is the worst about eli, it's like the sopranos man, it's over, FIND A NEW SHOW. There is more to being a great qb than passing numbers and stats. I'd rather have eli any day in a big game than drew brees.

I never said anything about Eli being top 3. he isn't. he is either the 4th or 5th best, with 4th being the obvious spot right now, IMO, with Peyton's ability to perform in question... any other ranking is BS

yup. zep is the worst about eli, it's like the sopranos man, it's over, FIND A NEW SHOW. There is more to being a great qb than passing numbers and stats. I'd rather have eli any day in a big game than drew brees.

I think zep just gets upset when retarded homers like NickC spew garbage about Brady, and act like since Eli has beaten him in 2 SBs that Eli is clearly the better player and that Brady is some kind of choker... I mean it tilts me as an impartial outsider, lol

yup. zep is the worst about eli, it's like the sopranos man, it's over, FIND A NEW SHOW.

Yeah, the worst. I was like the only person defending him before last season

I never said anything about Eli being top 3. he isn't. he is either the 4th or 5th best, with 4th being the obvious spot right now, IMO, with Peyton's ability to perform in question... any other ranking is BS

I'm on the same page

I'd rather have eli any day in a big game than drew brees.

This is the big thing.

If were playing fantasy football, meaning just looking at the numbers, than obv eli is behind Rodgers, Brady, and Brees. But anyone who thinks eli wasnt playing as well as anyone else last season just wasnt watching. Youll never convince us Giant fans that we should rather have somebody else in a big game.

Edit--and I fully expect Packer, Patriot, and Saint fans to feel the same way about their Qbs

I used to give Eli no credit but after that last game I've really come around. He's def in my top 5.

Lol he's not ahead of Brady, Brees, or Rodgers though. Nickc is a bit retarded.

Oh, Hi dere:

138326642.jpg

lefty.jpg

Oh, and this was supposed to be a Joe Flacco thread lol.

I think zep just gets upset when retarded homers like NickC spew garbage about Brady, and act like since Eli has beaten him in 2 SB's that Eli is clearly the better player and that Brady is some kind of choker... I mean it tilts me as an impartial outsider, lol

this about sums it up

That said, how do people expect these guts to answer these dumbass questions? "Na, im not that good. Im probably just average, and i'm okay with that."

How bout, "I think I can be the best" or "I am striving to be the best" to say "I am the best" just sounds stupid.

How bout, "I think I can be the best" or "I am striving to be the best" to say "I am the best" just sounds stupid.

yea it sounds stupid to us, but like jay said, would you want your qb to say anything otherwise. I mean id prob cringe a little if Bradford said im the best, but if he said "yea im in the top 5 and I think in a few years i will be regarded as the best" id be happy he has that mentality. You want people to strive to be the best of the best, otherwise why the fuck is your team paying them millions a year to achieve mediocrity.

Everyone in the world thinks hes crazy for saying it, but i gaur his team and the ravens organization are happy, especially after his AFC championship game. If that game is a sign of things to come, maybe he will be a top 5 qb this year.

Did anybody actually listen to the interview?

He's doing a spot at a local bar (sounds like)...the crowd is rowdy around him, and the question is kinda asked in a somewhat joking tone.

I'm DEFINITELY not a Flacco fan, but I have zero problem with what he said...how else is he going to answer??

I wouldn't have a problem with the "striving to be the best" answer, either...but what else is he supposed to say on the spot?

Eli haters gonna hate. Dude is def top 5 possibly top 3. Lameass_ obviously bitter that the giants went into lambeau and layed it to the packers.Lol at all the hate he gets. That flacco quote def good for some lolz tho.

yes, becasue before that happened i thought eli was an elite qb. moran. hes not, and even if he has another good season hes still not elite. 2 good seasons /=/ elite.

and whoever said brady wasnt elite...i mean, just wow

same way you defend everything about baylor?

same way you defend everything about baylor?

sick logic fail.

Crappy analogy. The equivalent would be is if he hated on any QB that could compete with RG3.

and on the flip side, I was just defending Tannehill as a 1st round pick in another thread. and I fucking hate everything about aggy. I lost friends because they went there.

"Baylor", "RG3", and "Objectivity" do not compute for Waco.

you have some examples, surely?

everything I have ever posted about him has turned out to be true, but if it makes you guys feel good to think that, idgaf. time will prove you all fools for questioning/mocking me.

The best part about this thread is that I can troll you guys about Eli being the greatest of all time, best in the league etc... and people actually think I'm being serious because hes accomplished as much as anyone in the past 5 years. It took him a while, but hes blossomed into a fantastic QB. Hes proven he can make all of the throws, in any situation, and still has another 6-7 years in his prime. Glad hes the Giants quarterback.